Question for Captain Larry

sweetiepie9339

I have heard that you can help arrange other tours in conjunction with your whale tour-- is this true?

We are going to be there on May 16th... and are hoping to do a whale tour and either glacier hiking or dog sledding. Can you help?

Thanks so much!

My email is melanie1437@hotmail.com any information you can send me about your tour would be greatly appreciated.... I heard about you on these boards and would like to know more.

I just booked the whale watching with Capt. Larry and they also arranged the Glacier trek with North Star trekking.Telephone number for Capt Larry(Orca Enterprises) is 888-733-6722. Their office hours are 9:30AM-3:00PM

M-F Alaska time. I left message and they got back to me.

We booked with Larry for Whale watching and then the Helicopter/Glacier landing. He was so helpful and quick to get back with us. I can't wait to meet him!

He is a great guy! He can be quiet but once you ask him questions, he loves to talk about whales! It is funny - it is like he knows the whales personally. There is a whale with a distinctive white tale that they call "Flame" - he has watched Flame come back year after year. Another time, we saw a whale that was new to the arewa and he was trying to track this whale down to find out where he came from (this whale also had a nickname). He can also tell you how many mom and baby families there are in Auke Bay at any given time. Definitely a man who loves what he does.

I doubt I will ever meet anyone more knowledgable in whales as Capt Larry is. Enjoy your trip!

Archived