Flower vase

davis0056

We are doing the 14 day Alaskan cruise on the Amsterdam leaving on 31 May. I'd like to pick up a big (as in 35th wedding anniversary) bouquet of flowers at Pike Market but was wondering if I could get a vase to use on the ship or should I buy a vase along with the flowers?

Dave

DH had a BIG bouquet of red roses sent to our cabin for our 40th anniversay on board the Eurodam. He ordered them through the concierge once on board, and it was a lovely surprise. I'm sure you'll be able to buy them less expensively at Pike Market, but I'd recommend buying a vase with them. Not to say HAL wouldn't accomodate you there, but just to be sure....;)

Happy Anniversary and have a wonderful cruise! :D

There is always the ice bucket. I also asked for a bucket to chill some champagne......that bucket would have worked for a vase too. I can't imagine they wouldn't have a vase for you to use.

Pike Place Market, by the way, is a WONDERFUL place to by flowers.....they are beautiful there and quite inexpensive though the end of May might be a tad early for the most beautiful displays.....

If you do an online search, you can find sites for collapsable, foldable, portable vases. Perhaps you could purchase one prior to your trip? Enjoy Pike Place Market!

Edited to add: No customs issues with bringing flowers onboard the ship in Seattle. Many passengers do it.

We are doing the 14 day Alaskan cruise on the Amsterdam leaving on 31 May. I'd like to pick up a big (as in 35th wedding anniversary) bouquet of flowers at Pike Market but was wondering if I could get a vase to use on the ship or should I buy a vase along with the flowers?
We were on Amsterdam in South America last year & stopped in Manta Ecuador, where flowers are an exceptional deal. We purchased a dozen long-stem roses, some exotics & greenery (total ~$4.00). It made a HUGE bouquet. When we got back to our cabin, I asked our steward for a vase. No problem. He brought a large gorgeous vase & then proceeded to help me arrange the flowers. I think he enjoyed the flowers as much as we did. Happy Anniversary!

We have bought flowers at Pike's Market -- and I know of others who have bought flowers there -- and brought them onto the ship.

Also met some people in San Diego whose sone sent them flowers and they took them to the ship.

Also one of our ports in Hawaii they were selling flower arrangements that you could take onto the ship.

It is not a problem to bring them onto the ship.

Just ask one of your cabin stewards to get you a vase.

Archived