Hope this picture is better of my dress

Gingee

I took a cell phone picture of my dress just now. I don't know if it will come up accurately or not. It is dark blue, v neck, sparkles in spots (blue sparkles), full skirt. So any more ideas on shoes (not expensive ones - I'm cheap - LOL).

0317001445.jpg

I have strappy heels with rhinestones covering the straps that would look great with that dress. The "body" of the shoe (heels only really), is champagne silk, but that barely shows because of the sparkle. I can wear them with every formal dress I own.

Gingee...

In my professional opinion,

The question is not "What shoes go with this dress"?

But far more importantly

"What shoes go with YOU"?

People are going to give their personal opinions based on what subconsciously looks good on them, or subconsciously what they like...

I don't think that there can be a proper answer for you personally, until we know:

What Color and Tone are your Skin, Hair, and Eyes?

Once anyone knows that, then they can give a much better opinion on what is going to look best on YOU personally, in THAT specific dress.

Get it?;)

Curt is correct. I've even purchased shoes I thought worked well, only to change my mind later.

I see no reason why you couldn't take the dress shopping with you, to see what you like best with the dress.

It's too bad you want to stay cheap. The best shoes I've ever purchased for formal nights are a pair of Stuart Weitzmans, they set me back around $200 (long ago). That was about 5 years ago and they have gone with me on every single cruise since then. I have worn them at least 15 times with cocktail dresses and I think they have been a better value than 15 pair of $20-40 shoes. I'll keep wearing them for several more years, since they are classic (probably the heel is out of date, but that's OK with me, they are comfortable). I always get compliments on them.

They look a little like these, only in a muted gold:

1025232-p-DETAILED.jpg

DSW...I was just there they have all kinds of dressy, strappy, rinestone, what ever you are looking for at discounted prices if you go to the back of the store you might luck out and find a pair up tp 70% off. Hope you have one near you and good luck....

Okay a little description of me. I am 5 - 1 1/2, average weight (okay the tummy is not like it was ten years ago), blonde, blue eyed and medium skin - not super pale. Hope to have a little color before we go.

Places like TJ Maxx, Ross 4 Less, and Marshalls usually have great prices for designer shoes. Payless also has some very nice evening shoes for practically nothing. And, if you should be so inclined, they actually have a nice selection of different heel heights and styles that can be dyed to match your dress, which is gaining some popularity again.

What do you think Curt about the dyed to match thing?:)

Places like TJ Maxx, Ross 4 Less, and Marshalls usually have great prices for designer shoes. Payless also has some very nice evening shoes for practically nothing. And, if you should be so inclined, they actually have a nice selection of different heel heights and styles that can be dyed to match your dress, which is gaining some popularity again.

What do you think Curt about the dyed to match thing?:)

Really.....where?

I'm certainly not Curt but dyed to match screams.....BRIDESMAID!

Curt is correct. I've even purchased shoes I thought worked well, only to change my mind later.

I see no reason why you couldn't take the dress shopping with you, to see what you like best with the dress.

It's too bad you want to stay cheap. The best shoes I've ever purchased for formal nights are a pair of Stuart Weitzmans, they set me back around $200 (long ago). That was about 5 years ago and they have gone with me on every single cruise since then. I have worn them at least 15 times with cocktail dresses and I think they have been a better value than 15 pair of $20-40 shoes. I'll keep wearing them for several more years, since they are classic (probably the heel is out of date, but that's OK with me, they are comfortable). I always get compliments on them.

They look a little like these, only in a muted gold:

1025232-p-DETAILED.jpg

LOVE these shoes.

Archived