Panama Canal Excursion with a toddler?

floridian1

Hello, I will be going on a carnival cruise and one of our stops is Colon Panama. I was interested in doing the 8 hour Panama Canal Tour. Is this a tour that could be done with a toddler that is 2 year old? Has anyone done this excursion before?

I would NOT take a 2 year old on that....it's HOT, and a very long day...bumpy, hot...no way!

A 2 year old will have NO interest in this at all and will likely be miserable (and so will you and the others on the tour!)

Panama is HOT and muggy....not really comfortable!

I would also say not to take a 2 yr old on this. The canal tour I did in Panama was a bus ride from Colon to the Bridge of the Americas where we boarded boats to sail back toward Colon. After going through 2 sets of locks we transfered back to buses to continue back to Colon with stops at the last set of locks to view from the observation deck before continuing back to Colon. It was a long hot day when we did this. There are not a lot of facilities or places to feed a 2 yr old.

I've never done this in Colon, but you might be better off on a private tour with a cab so you can go at your own pace and if things turn bad, you can return to the ship. When my wife and I cruise with our daughter, we never take organized tours we always get a cab and go at our own pace.

Archived