Are they replacing the Social Hostess position?

Longboysfan

Hi:) when I sailed on the Constellation last month I had a few chats with the Captain's Club Rep...a very nice young man named Daniel.

He told me he actually replaced the Social Hostess........not sure if that position of Capt Club Rep is doing the same thing on every ship or not.

The Future Cruise Consultant was a different guy....Humberto I believe.....extremely nice as well:)

All former Social Hostess are now Captain's Club Hostess. Their job is to ensure the Capatain's Club member get what they deserve. They are no longer part of the entertainment staff, but under the hotel manager. Their direct supervisor is the Future Cruise Consultant, who has be acting for the last years as the Captain's Club Representative.

I hope this helps clarify.

On ouor cruise last summer Michelle, who just delightful, was responsible for both the Captain's club party's members, etc. and she was also the future cruise consultant........We also had a charming young lady that was the social hostess, but she did not do the Captain club goings on.

I can confirm what "Chessbriar" posted for we just came off the Millennium (1/16 - 1/23) and spoke to Josephine who was the Captains Club Hostess and she has repalced the position of Social Hostess. This position also occupies a space left of the main Guest Realtions area where she has normal "window" hours to accomodate Captain Club member needs.

Rich in N VA

Yes, the SH is now the CC Rep. So far the ones I have talked to are not so happy. (I've posted this before so bear with me) They signed on as a SH. Take care of the Captain's Table, smooze the quests, attend the functions, make sure everyone is having a good time, etc. Now they have desk hours and must be at a certain place for a specified amount of time. Most of them have had no training in the workings of the CC except what they get from the Future Cruise Manager. So we basically know more than they do. The big sticking point is they are still being paid the same salary but, to them, they work more.

After a drink or two most have confessed to being not so happy campers!

If you go to the desk to ask a question, be prepared to get a card with the CC's 800 number on it!!

I can confirm what "Chessbriar" posted for we just came off the Millennium (1/16 - 1/23) and spoke to Josephine who was the Captains Club Hostess and she has repalced the position of Social Hostess. This position also occupies a space left of the main Guest Realtions area where she has normal "window" hours to accomodate Captain Club member needs.

Rich in N VA

Thanks. We'll be on the Millie in a few weeks.

I guess they are slanting their special services to the Captains Club people.

Or

At least on person dedicated only to their requests.

Archived