Pacific Dawn Incorrect Location on Sailwx.Info

am1984

For those tracking the Pacific Dawn on Sailwx.info, the last report of a few hours ago is incorrect.

The last report had her at S 24°48', E 150°24' which is in fact several hundred km's inland of Bundaberg Qld.

I know there are strong winds & seas out there but not that strong.

4444768298_3899fa76d0_o.png

I know there are strong winds & seas out there but not that strong.

Perhaps its a secret ploy on P&O's part to offer land based vacations:D

But seriously, looks like some glitch.

I am sure they dont rely on those sites

for navigational purposes.:eek:

Hi, I think sailwx is a cool site but sometimes I think some of the info is not quite accurate. Yesterday, not only did it show the Pacific Dawn to be positioned some distance inland as you mentioned, it also showed that at one stage Pacific Sun was traveling in excess of 29 knots :eek: (was the captain water skiing???)

I don't think the poor old girl could manage 29 knots even the Alang ship-breakers were chasing her:D

Jenny

Hi, I think sailwx is a cool site but sometimes I think some of the info is not quite accurate. Yesterday, not only did it show the Pacific Dawn to be positioned some distance inland as you mentioned, it also showed that at one stage Pacific Sun was traveling in excess of 29 knots :eek: (was the captain water skiing???)

I don't think the poor old girl could manage 29 knots even the Alang ship-breakers were chasing her:D

Jenny

Good one!! You had me laughing out loud. (I tried to put a smilie on this but it wouldn't work).

Jenny

Maybe in the not to distant future ,we may see how fast she can go when chased by the breakers:rolleyes:.

Hopefully not before your cruise in sept.:)

Archived