gap in Voyager's 2011 schedule??

I was wondering that last night......not so much the gap,but for the fact,RCCL's site doesn't show any European VY cruises for 2011(whereas all the other ships are already listed):confused:

Don't know. I was booked on the Liberty of the Seas for April, 2011, but it was cancelled. The Liberty is apparently going to the Mediterranean then. I wonder if the Liberty is replacing the Voyager. Maybe the Voyager will stay in Galveston full time. Also, even though the Voyager was in dry dock last year, it has been a while since it was refurbished, so maybe that's the reason.

.......... Maybe the Voyager will stay in Galveston full time. Also, even though the Voyager was in dry dock last year, it has been a while since it was refurbished, so maybe that's the reason.

I can only wish and hope that Galveston gets a year round Royal Caribbean ship. And then maybe it will do the alternating routes like that other cruiseline in Galveston, you all know the one I am talking about.

The web site shows Voyager's last 7 night cruise from Galveston on April 24 2011. The schedule posted by Elizanessie shows VOS first cruise out of Venice on May 21. Huh? A 20 night Transatlantic?

There is a Barcelona to Venice sailing once VY arrives over the pond next May...but the VY sailings havent been put up for sale yet..."week or so" was what I was told on Wednesday when most of the other ships/sailings became available for booking.

Thanks Liz. I was hoping you'd read this. So, it appears that Voyager will TA to Barcelona May1, 2011, then go from there to Venice to begin those itineraries May 21, 2011. That certainly explains the "gap" in the posted schedules!

There is a Barcelona to Venice sailing once VY arrives over the pond next May...but the VY sailings havent been put up for sale yet..."week or so" was what I was told on Wednesday when most of the other ships/sailings became available for booking.

Arent all the other ships available for booking now??? Wonder what the hold up is with VY??:confused:

Arent all the other ships available for booking now??? Wonder what the hold up is with VY??:confused:

All the other ships are available now but not all of their sailings...hold up with Brilliance was due to berthing issues but this has been sorted and the missing sailings in July should show up soon ( if not already,sorry haven't had time to check yet tonight).

With the missing Splendour ones between July 22nd & August 27th...I dont know what exactly is causing the hold up on that.:confused:

With Voyager...all I heard was they weren't quite ready for opening :confused:

Thanks Liz. I was hoping you'd read this. So, it appears that Voyager will TA to Barcelona May1, 2011, then go from there to Venice to begin those itineraries May 21, 2011. That certainly explains the "gap" in the posted schedules!

Yes that is the plan...although why there is a delay in getting these all loaded into the system I have no idea.:confused:

Hurry up RCCL get your act together:p..I have a cruise to book :D

Voyager needs some work, there were several bad plumbing problems in February when we were on her. The deck 8 corridor aft, port side, was inundated with gray water, at least I think it was gray water every day and leaked from deck 8 down into some cabins on deck 7 and the carpet was squishy on deck 8, Henry was sucking water every morning! One day, the balcony and floor in the Royal Family Suite aft next door to us had to be bailed out and sucked dry, They worked on this all day long and the people were out of their cabin all day. The hotel director told me they would have to pull and replace carpet in several areas, so my money is on a few days of repair somewhere before the med cruises start.

Several travel agencies list Voyager as doing a 5 night Norwegian Fjords cruise on May 3, 2011 with ports being Copenhagen, Denmark - Bergen, Norway - Geiranger, Norway - Copenhagen, Denmark.

Might be an error though, because they also show this itnerary on May 29, 2011 which obviously can't be true since she will be doing the Greek Isles then...odd.

Archived