What's happened to Seabourn guests?

Naveron

think positive and you will fully enjoy your seabourn experience:)...........otoh, think negative and .....[ so on and so forth ]:(..............our glasses are not 1/2 full.......they are full:D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......enjoy !

"two for one" is just another way of saying 50% off. We've sailed the Med twice on 50% off Club Member sailings. Our fellow sailors did not run screaming from the ship upon our arrival.

As far as I'm concerned, nothing much has changed, other than more sailings being offered at a 50% discount off published fares. Has ANYONE ever paid the published fare? One qualifies for Club member savings if one has sailed on any Carnival line. So much for the myth of exclusivity.

My glass is half full, and I just don't think the sky is falling.

I travelled on the Spirit last November on the crossing from Lisbon to Fort Lauderdale. I found nothing but comraderie, warmth, and courtesy from everyone, both passengers and crew. I'm very sorry the original poster had such a negative experience.

Propped up perhaps?

:D

Okay, that made me smile.

But in all seriousness, I just don't understand the enmity towards 7 day sailors. We are working stiffs. How is that a bad thing? I know my job keeps my "little grey cells" from atrophying and allows me to remain engaged, and makes me a BETTER dinner guest or companion. I am not loud, I am informed, I am a very good conversationalist. I exhibit interest in the lives and cultures that comprise other Seabourn passengers.

When posters make statements like the 7 day-ers will be the ruin of Seabourn - it REALLY concerns the silent majority that lurk here. It smacks of elitism.

I've said this before, and I will say it again. The number of days one has sailed on Seabourn is absolutely no guarantee of polite society, or civil and engaging conversation. I've experienced enough hosted dinners to dispel this notion with absolute certainty.

Seabourn cannot survive by being an exclusive cruise line to the retired set.

Propped up perhaps?

some might be interested in remarks by micky arison and howard frank re seabourn price structure at a conference call earlier this week re carn. corp. earnings report .....go to cruise critic site, news on 3/23 for report ...........once again , if you want to be negative :(ok [[[[ but consider staying in your suite 24/7.....LOL...... ]]], but you will enjoy the experience more if you see the bright side :) ..............the glass is not just 1/2 full but rather 100% full [ full disclosure : i dont work for seab. or ccl [[[[[ tho own ccl stock ]]]]] , just an upbeat person who wants to enjoy spite a few minor glitches or " not my perfect shipmates " ;)] ........

Mona Lisa...we will be on the 7 day 5th June Spirit trip and although we have enjoyed a fair few days aboard the 3 sisters, we are just into our 40s...so I'm sure that you'll meet like minded people on your trip. We now have young children and so can no longer enjoy the longer trips (and don't think that Seabourn is the right line for little ones).

On the main issue, for what it's worth, I've had some pretty horrible fellow passengers on SB... rude, overbearing, arrogant and some, I'm sorry to say, of the view that us "youngsters" should not be able to enjoy the same ships as those who are a little more "experienced" ( for which read advanced in age , if not manners). Equally, I've met some of the most delightful, charming, polite and well travelled people aboard ( and not all of them were crew!:D)

What some posters see as a decline in passenger quality, I perceive to be a generalised malaise of society...folks are simply not as tolerant, polite and civil as they used to be, even 20 years ago, and I'm afraid that this pervades every walk of life and every ship at sea.

Do some of these people spoil my holiday? Well, to be candid, for the first few seconds after I've encountered them, yes, but thereafter I am soothed by the cheery crew ( bearing Nicolas Feuillatte) and heartened by the warmth of the other passengers and rocked to sleep by my favourite sisters.

Mona Lisa, you'll love it!;)

'What some posters see as a decline in passenger quality, I perceive to be a generalised malaise of society...folks are simply not as tolerant, polite and civil as they used to be, even 20 years ago, and I'm afraid that this pervades every walk of life and every ship at sea.'

Well said, many of us cannot afford the time, due to own business, to take longer breaks but enjoy the luxury of Seabourn travel.

I do agree that it is definately the fact that people are not as tolerant as they used to be, and yes it prevades all age groups. Manners and civility unfortuately seem to take a back seat with some people. However, on our first, only, seabourn trip we encountered very interesting folks. Only once at a hosted dinner did we encounter one elderly lady who was rather rude, we were later told that she was often like that.

Oh well. life too short to worry. looking forward to meeting more nice folks on our upcoming trip on the Spirit. :)

Mona Lisa...we will be on the 7 day 5th June Spirit trip and although we have enjoyed a fair few days aboard the 3 sisters, we are just into our 40s...so I'm sure that you'll meet like minded people on your trip. We now have young children and so can no longer enjoy the longer trips (and don't think that Seabourn is the right line for little ones).

On the main issue, for what it's worth, I've had some pretty horrible fellow passengers on SB... rude, overbearing, arrogant and some, I'm sorry to say, of the view that us "youngsters" should not be able to enjoy the same ships as those who are a little more "experienced" ( for which read advanced in age , if not manners). Equally, I've met some of the most delightful, charming, polite and well travelled people aboard ( and not all of them were crew!:D)

What some posters see as a decline in passenger quality, I perceive to be a generalised malaise of society...folks are simply not as tolerant, polite and civil as they used to be, even 20 years ago, and I'm afraid that this pervades every walk of life and every ship at sea.

Do some of these people spoil my holiday? Well, to be candid, for the first few seconds after I've encountered them, yes, but thereafter I am soothed by the cheery crew ( bearing Nicolas Feuillatte) and heartened by the warmth of the other passengers and rocked to sleep by my favourite sisters.

Mona Lisa, you'll love it!;)

Thanks! Looking forward to meeting you, Sandy...As for "youngsters" not being able to enjoy it, well, I will say this: I grew up with a mother whose idea of camping is staying at a Holiday Inn, so I have been exposed to a fair number of nice things. Of course, I have also been camping, and I hope not to have to do that again. But, I digress...

Although everyone in my general surroundings is aware of this, I simply CANNOT WAIT for this trip! Not only have I wanted to go on Seabourn for a while, but I am desperate to relax and have nothing to do, except drink champagne and eat!

• 2 weeks later...
Cruising is like playing roulette. Occasionally the double 0 comes up and you get some less than desirable fellow cruisers. Fortunately for us, our Seabourn cruises have all been winners.

I could have said that until last night when my dinner companion proved himself to be the most boorish, rude person I have evermet on Seabourn. He startedoff by taking the herbed butter for the breadsticks and (gasp! <g>) using it for his own dipping. Went down hill from there. I warned the Maitre d' to never put him near me for the rest of the cruise.He's a first-timer and I hope he goes back to SilerSeas, whose divine service he extols.

And God help you if you're not from the U.S. There was one obnoxious woman on our cruise who while we were in the pool asked: "So are we all from the States". A couple of us were not and we were ignored while the woman went on to ask her fellow Americans "So what state are YOU from?"

I travelled on the Spirit last November on the crossing from Lisbon to Fort Lauderdale. I found nothing but comraderie, warmth, and courtesy from everyone, both passengers and crew. I'm very sorry the original poster had such a negative experience.

I have never been on a TA that makes only one port..how did you keep busy on all the sea days?

Thanks,

Jancruz1

I could have said that until last night when my dinner companion proved himself to be the most boorish, rude person I have evermet on Seabourn. He startedoff by taking the herbed butter for the breadsticks and (gasp! <g>) using it for his own dipping. Went down hill from there. I warned the Maitre d' to never put him near me for the rest of the cruise.He's a first-timer and I hope he goes back to SilerSeas, whose divine service he extols.

Your majesty, my humble apologies.

My Lord, you swot for trivia? You cad, Sir!

"They argue with umpires, cheer when they've won

and practice beforehand which ruins the fun."

Flanders and Swann

With prizes such as book marks and bags with logo's on,how can one be so unprepared for such a cornucopia of trinkets.

Archived