What does the Spa on Crown offer?

Riskytou

I was wondering what does the spa offer on the Crown? I here of couples massages, facials, stone massages, what are the best to choose from and the price, what do they run and are they worth it, or better to get offshore? Also, saw someone said on departure, you can get a discount massage, anyone else found that?

I was wondering what does the spa offer on the Crown? I here of couples massages, facials, stone massages, what are the best to choose from and the price, what do they run and are they worth it, or better to get offshore? Also, saw someone said on departure, you can get a discount massage, anyone else found that?

They are grossly over priced...

They are expensive, no question about that. I don't do the whole massage/facial thing so I'm not sure how much more they run than a comparable set-up on land, but they're in the $120-$150 range onboard. There are usually discounts on port days -- notices about that will be in the daily newsletter delivered to your cabin each evening.

I believe on embarkation day you can volunteer to be a model or sacrificial victim (not sure what terminology they use!) so they can show off their services but I don't know what procedure they're demonstrating, whether it's massages or facials or something else.

I hope this helps a little.

They are priced about the same as a good quality spa. On port days they offer a 15% discount and the appointment can be done at sea on the port day. They do the normal range of swedish, stone and aromatherapy massages and also offer couple massages. There is another thread running which is also also asking about couple massages. An Algae Detox to reduce cellulite and inches is $159. The Thermal suite for a 7 day pass was $89 per person/$140 per couple.

For example some specials:

A 60 minute 'pampering' special for Ladies night was $119 and included back, neck and shoulder massage,aromatherapy, facial, frangipani scalp massage. foot massage, steam/sauna and a gift

Massage special $79 choose 2 of Back, foot, scalp, body exfoliation, spa facial

The hot stone massage I got on the Coral was the best massage I've ever had (and I've had lots of massages from many places). I thought they would just set the stones on your back (like you see in the pictures), but they actually use them for the massage. The heat along with the massage felt so good. I also had a very good facial one time and I also enjoyed the Thermal Suites.

I never buy their service at full price. On embarkation day, on port days, and toward the end of the cruise they have cheaper "deals." Since I don't gamble, drink alcohol, or buy pictures, this is how I spend my blow money on myself. ;)

There were several different spa specials for port days. The one that tempted me was a choose three promotion for $99. Each of the three treatments was 20 minutes long. I would have gone with a back massage, ginger and lime exfolliation, and hydrating facial. I think those were the terms they used. But I saved my money this time. It would have doubled my online spending.

So the thermal cost extra. I was hoping for maybe a foot, neck massage. A couple one seemed nice (anniversary cruise). My hubby has spine problems so have to be aware of that. Did you find an auction special? Read it on one of the other threads. (Crown) Thanks for you input.

Archived