Question regarding rooms & alcohol

robinsnest64

After looking into a HCL to Bermuda, we noticed you were allowed to bring wine onboard, is this allowed with Princess. We are considering an Eastern cruise in Sept, and wanted info on the Oceanview obstructed views rooms. Has anyone stayed in one and was it ok? This is our 1st cruise and we are a little confused. Thanks so much

After looking into a HCL to Bermuda, we noticed you were allowed to bring wine onboard, is this allowed with Princess. We are considering an Eastern cruise in Sept, and wanted info on the Oceanview obstructed views rooms. Has anyone stayed in one and was it ok? This is our 1st cruise and we are a little confused. Thanks so much

You may bring 2 bottles of wine on board:D

Can't comment on the OV, but yes you are allowed to bring wine and champagne on board Princess ships :)

The "official" guidelines are that you can bring 2 bottles of wine on board. Of course if you have them open in any of th dinning rooms you will be charged a corkage fee. Open it yourself in your room and I have not had problems or fees attached.

Obstructed Oceanview rooms vary. All have a window. Depending where the room is on the ship it may be completely blocked, or partially blocked by lifeboats. We have been in an obstructed oceanview room where the lifeboat was of such a design that it was below the level of the window. While we could not see straight down onto the deck below, we could see out to the horizon with no obstrction. some rooms have a lifeboat outside the window that completly obstucts the view but does let natural light in. Usually you can see some view when looking uot the window on an angle.

I was on the Ruby last month. When I turned my luggage over to them at the port for boarding, I also checked a box of wine (12 bottles) with my room tag on it. Next time I saw the box of wine it was in my stateroom undamaged. We had a nice afternoon respite on our balcony every night! If you take the bottle into the MDR, they will charge you a $15 corking fee which still makes most wine cheaper than buying it onboard and you can bring your favorite wine which may not be sold on the ship. I have done that also without any problem.

The Passage Contract online is the same as the one that used to come by mail. There is no limit mentioned. The online FAQ and Cruise Answer Place does mention one bottle per person.

The Passage Contract online says you can take two bottles of wine aboard per person. The Passage Contract that comes in the mail does not specify a limit. Based on posting here, they do not enforce any limit.

Archived