Oosterdam Quad - What's it Like?

kimba3842

I have yet to see pictures of quad cabins. Trying to get an idea of where that 4th bed is...anyone been in a quad? We've got a Verandah Deck room.

You can get the layout on "Deck Plans" under your ship.

I just got off the O and have sailed her before. I've seen cabins with two "drop down" beds (that come down from the ceiling) and cabins (maybe Suites?) that have the third sleep on a hide-a-bed and the fourth on a drop down bed. There are also Suites that have a double hide-a-bed.

I'd just look up your cabin online................go to your deck..........then click on your cabin type.

I've been in J-quads on Main Deck on the Noordam and E-dam. I know my info doesn't help you, but this could be of interest to someone else who sees this thread.

On the Vista and Signature classes, the inside quads on Main Deck have the twin/queen bed that all the cabins have. There's a drop down over the heads of those beds. The fourth bed is a twin size fold-out from the couch.

If that fold-out were open it would be very tight getting to the bathroom in the middle of the night. There would also be a problem placing the chair and table, which normally go in the space where the bed folds out into.

Anyone have a picture of the drop down bunk. My 10 yo daughter will be sleeping up there during our Alaskan cruise this summer. Does it have some type of railing so she can't fall out on top of my huband and I during the middle of the night? LOL

Melinda

I have yet to see pictures of quad cabins. Trying to get an idea of where that 4th bed is...anyone been in a quad? We've got a Verandah Deck room.

I have photos from various CC members of staterooms on most of the HAL ships.

Triple on the Oosterdam: VF 4040 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 4 Upper Promenade Deck (The sofa is a two seat sofa and that would be the third persons bed) http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/index.html

Quad on the Westerdam (Sister ship to Oosterdam, so layout will be the same): E 1125 Large Ocean View Stateroom Deck 1 Main Deck http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/index.html

The difference is in the sofa size and the location of the sofa in the stateroom.

Hope these help..

Joanie

Anyone have a picture of the drop down bunk. My 10 yo daughter will be sleeping up there during our Alaskan cruise this summer. Does it have some type of railing so she can't fall out on top of my huband and I during the middle of the night? LOL

Melinda

There are photos of the bunks on Volendam H 1815 here, and yes it has a rail. http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Volendam/index.html

Joanie

Here is a picture of a quad balcony on the Noordam, another Vista class ship, with the sofa made up and the bunk down. I didn't take this, I found it on CC. The people stated they had the steward make the bed up backwards, so they wouldn't bump their head on the bunk. As you can see it is rather low.

Our family of 4 is also Sailing to Alaska on the Oosterdam in May, so I had bookmarked this link a while back.

attachment.php?attachmentid=56038&d=1188879191

Archived