Monarch cabin question

Because the "cheapos" will book the cheap ones first! Take a midship cabin on Monarch!

As Spock would say; “that is not logical”. If the midship cabins are better than the forward cabins shouldn’t they cost more than the forward cabins? I am sooooo confused. :confused:

Maybe after taking my first cruise I will have this all figured out. Then again, maybe not!

I'm :confused::confused:...can you give me an example of what deck you are talking about?

Oct 25, 2010 Monarch, deck 5 forward cabin 5540 $247 per person - midship cabin 5570 $239 per person. Anyway which of these room do you suggest? I don't mind saving a few dollars for a better room.

thanks for any help on this

Ok, at first,HUH?? They are all on deck 5 and they are F1s........so I looked and sure enuf RCCL has changed some categories on the MN....they now have F2 and F3 as well.........dont know when they added that!:eek:

But to heck with that deck........................take a category I(deck 8) it is the cheapest Oceanviews you can get and a great deck..........just a few steps up to the pool deck and Windjammer........

They go for $207 PP(plus fees)........it will say obstructed,but there are cabins that are not.(see plan below for the marked cabins)......even the unmarked ones arent bad......the obstruction is the top of the lifeboats below you...........

I have been on the MN 9 times and her sister ships alot more........I try to get a deck 8 cabin every time..

RIGHT now cabins 8508,8520 are available..........so is 8532(but its connecting) GOOD LUCK!

2744539470042692775S600x600Q85.jpg

We're sailing on Monarch in October. We booked a JS. How do the JS on Monarch compare to balcony cabins on larger ships (like Radiance or FOS). The size looks about the same as an E-class on Radiance, which is fine, but are the layout/amenities any different?

Ok, at first,HUH?? They are all on deck 5 and they are F1s........so I looked and sure enuf RCCL has changed some categories on the MN....they now have F2 and F3 as well.........dont know when they added that!:eek:

But to heck with that deck........................take a category I(deck 8) it is the cheapest Oceanviews you can get and a great deck..........just a few steps up to the pool deck and Windjammer........

They go for $207 PP(plus fees)........it will say obstructed,but there are cabins that are not.(see plan below for the marked cabins)......even the unmarked ones arent bad......the obstruction is the top of the lifeboats below you...........

I have been on the MN 9 times and her sister ships alot more........I try to get a deck 8 cabin every time..

RIGHT now cabins 8508,8520 are available..........so is 8532(but its connecting) GOOD LUCK!

2744539470042692775S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for info - I have change my reservation from a deck 5 cabin to a deck 8 cabin :D

We're sailing on Monarch in October. We booked a JS. How do the JS on Monarch compare to balcony cabins on larger ships (like Radiance or FOS). The size looks about the same as an E-class on Radiance, which is fine, but are the layout/amenities any different?

can't speak to the size vs larger ship E class (since we've only been on Monarch) but the JS was a good size IMO. Had a queen bed, dresser/desk/tv hutch, loveseat and table. Bathroom was small but do-able and had a tub. Closet was huge. Balcony had 2 chairs and a small table in between. We were in 1088, all the way aft and it was great. Quiet, easy access to back stairs/elevators (which were never crowded) and fast flight up to the pools, WJ etc.

Archived