Anyone heard of Scentsy?

mercedes28

Oooo--you're right about using up an outlet. That has been a problem on some of our cruises. Although on our last ship, there was an outlet near the ceiling at the top of the mirror that was completely useless--maybe I could put a warmer on the top shelf and run the cord up there. Hummmm...guess it depends on the ship. So now that I think about it, I may bring a Scentsy Travel Tin or Scent Circle and maybe the Odor Out room spray in case I can't use a plug. Putting a Scent Circle in or near the air vent is a good idea.

Cinnamon scents do aggravate my allergies, so I just avoid opening my cinnamon-ish samples. It's funny that some people like one fragrance while others don't like it. I enjoy watching those reactions at my shows. One person will pick up a sample and smell it and say, "Oooo--I don't like that one!" And a few minutes later someone else will smell it and like it.

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only person that loves the smell of the ship and the ocean air? I once opened my suitcase several months after returning from the cruise and just about crawled in after the wonderful ship smell that came wafting out.

No offense to anyone, but I'll be happy when the artificial scent fad ends.

Am I the only person that loves the smell of the ship and the ocean air? I once opened my suitcase several months after returning from the cruise and just about crawled in after the wonderful ship smell that came wafting out.

No offense to anyone, but I'll be happy when the artificial scent fad ends.

I love MOST smells of the ship, but not the smell of dirty clothes and "bathroom odors".

Many people have problems with the strong fragrances that these devices put out. They contain volitile chemicals, and can trigger breathing problems. If you insist on using one of these, try to be considerate, and limit it's use, and don't use it on the last few days so the chemicals disburse before the next party has to use your cabin.

If someone makes a stinker in the bathroom, we just leave the door shut and let the ship's ventilation system suck it up. If the bathroom develops a stinky outhouse odor (especially towards the end of the cruise), it is often because the traps are dry. Pour some water down the drains in the bathroom floor and you will be amazed at how the smell goes away.

We just pack a couple of large garbage bags in our suitcase and store them under the bed. When we remove our dirty clothes, we pop them into the bag and fold the bag over and the odors as well as the clothing are contained. When it's (boo-hoo!) time to go home, it's very easy just to plop the whole bag into the suitcase - packing is a breeze and we can enjoy more time on the ship.

I just joined Scentsy, and I am looking forward to another cruise when I can take one with me! I don't like the sewer-ish smell that often happens in the bathroom for whatever reason, and the spray or plug-in fresheners don't last long, and don't smell all that great. Scentsy warmers plug in to the wall and warm the wax with a 15 to 25-watt light bulb, so they would be safe to use on a ship. Plus, they double as a night light! Perfect for cruising. I plan to save one of the awesome 80 scents to use specifically on cruises, so that whenever I happen to sniff one later, I will always think of my latest cruise.

The sewer gas smell is easily dealt with. The problem is that the floor drains in the WC have lost enough water that the traps allow sewer gas to backflow. Solve the problem by pouring water into the drains. A coffee-pot full in each is plenty to solve the problem.

Many people have problems with the strong fragrances that these devices put out. They contain volitile chemicals, and can trigger breathing problems. If you insist on using one of these, try to be considerate, and limit it's use, and don't use it on the last few days so the chemicals disburse before the next party has to use your cabin.

Well put.

A bigger concern is plugging in a cheap electric heating device that uses flammable materials and trusting that it won't short out and generate a fire.

I am so glad you posted this. I was also wondering if it would be ok to bring my plug in warmer. After reading all the responses, I think I'll bring a tin or two instead of the warmer. That way if I leave it behind, it's not a loss.

I work in an office next to a guy whose wife sells Scentsy. He seems to have one plugged in most days. Generally I don't have trouble with scents, but I get terrible headaches from whatever scent he uses. I think he uses the entire block at once. I have a Scentsy at home and just turn it on for short times and then turn it off. It doesn't give me headaches. Personally I prefer the vanilla or sugar cookie scents. I would not take it on the ship though. ;)

I just bought my dad one for Christmas. They are not cheap as someone else mentioned. I gave it to him today cause we had our family christmas early and he is already loving it. He loves nice smelling candles to take the smoke out of the air but he hates having candles lit. He is very scared of fire so this is perfect for him. When I was at the Christmas market a few weeks ago and mentioned going on a cruise the consultant suggested bringin a travel tin or two. She said to place them on top of the fridge where they will get a little warmth and it will add a nice sent to the room. I wish I had picked one up but I didn't.

Archived