My week on the Oasis. 13th -20th

Awesome review!!!! Loved reading every word of it!!! One question.....

You have pictures?! I see some of the ones you posted but do you have them on shutterfyl or kodak.. ect? Would love to see them, the nassua and st. thomas excursions are them same as we will be doing in Sept. when we can finally board Oais! I did trying finding you on FB but cant seem to find to see your pictures... :confused:;):D:p:)

I'll see if I can figure out how to get the link here. My wife put them up and i've no idea how to get to them. I'm kinda ole fashioned in that I actually like to hold them and get finger prints all over 'em. I'll bring them next time in upstate N.Y.

Love the pic of the basketball court, last time I was there I was getting my a** kicked in dodge ball.

I had a question posed to me on Facebook that I thought I'd share. Very taboo around here about booze smuggling. It was spring break and we knew going in all the do and don'ts concerning booze smuggling, mostly don'ts. HOWEVER, I decided I was going to bring a plastic flask of rum and whiskey for our room for a couple cocktails whilst the girls were getting ready. My plans were to just slip them in my pocket of my cargo shorts. No one frisks you, but there is a metal detector which was of no concern because i was carrying plastic. Then after I go through the detector just slip it back into my carry on which was a back pack. Easy right?

Well, if you read the first post I put up we never made it on the plane or to a hotel room and it was in my luggage. Same with a buddy of mine. I was preparing him for the naughty room because we both had booze in our luggage. Lo and behold the booze gods were looking down on us (probably a few people on CC as well) and our luggage made it through the scanners without a hitch. Not telling anyone how to bring booze on baord, but my original idea was fail proof if you don't forget it's in your luggage.

Notice I didn't say "fool proof" ?

That is a great review...sounds like your group had a lot of fun. We are going for Halloween with a group of about 25, mostly adults so really looking forward to it. We, unfortunately are doing the western caribbean but we will have to cope without St. Marteen and St. Thomas.

;)

Thank you so much for the posting and any info you can give me on the mojito making class would be appreciated...I love me my mojitos and martinis!:eek:

GREAT review! If you posted the answer to my question then I missed it -- how do you communicate best with other members in your party on this mega ship??

We are trying to figure out the easiest way -- of course we say 'be @ ___ place @ _ o'clock" but if something happens -- just curious what others have found to be best WITHOUT using cell phones -- don't want a mega phone bill on our return!

Thanks for input...........

Question about the turtle swim and snorkel. Did you have to jump from the ship or was there some type of steps. I have a thing about jumping from the boat.

Good question... I have the same fears!!! lol Maybe i will be brave this time!lol:eek::D:o

GREAT review! If you posted the answer to my question then I missed it -- how do you communicate best with other members in your party on this mega ship??

We are trying to figure out the easiest way -- of course we say 'be @ ___ place @ _ o'clock" but if something happens -- just curious what others have found to be best WITHOUT using cell phones -- don't want a mega phone bill on our return!

Thanks for input...........

That is a good question!!! Hmmmm, it seems that we all just kind of communicated from the room mostly. Or when we were together we would go over the days events. Some of the group would go one way and others another way. Walkie talkies are a pain as well as the "phones" you can rent on board. Kids don't like carrying them and I know the adults didn't either. When you first board make sure everyone has each others room number to stay in touch. We kept ours near the phone. No one carried a phone except in St Thomas because they worked there without roaming charges.

Question about the turtle swim and snorkel. Did you have to jump from the ship or was there some type of steps. I have a thing about jumping from the boat.

No, No, don't worry, there is a ladder to climb off and into the boat. No worries there. AFTER we snorkled I asked to dive off the side, and did several times. It's pretty high up too, so don't worry about jumping in unless you're a scurvy pirate. We stood up and walked around and drank and mingled on the way back. Some just sat there with their hands folded like they were in a library. You can have as much or as little fun as you want. (Within reason)

AAArRRRRGggGg

That is a great review...sounds like your group had a lot of fun. We are going for Halloween with a group of about 25, mostly adults so really looking forward to it. We, unfortunately are doing the western caribbean but we will have to cope without St. Marteen and St. Thomas.

;)

Thank you so much for the posting and any info you can give me on the mojito making class would be appreciated...I love me my mojitos and martinis!:eek:

Does the Western itinerary include Cozumel? If so, I have a great suggestion there. Especially for adults. ( I can check and get back with ya)

Just check your cruise compass. I forget what day the class was on. I remember it was about 1:30 in Boleros, because we were gonna try doge ball again but opted to drink mojitos instead. Good move on our part too!! Participate!!! Get involved! After he makes the "main drink" raise your hand and you will receive. I believe he makes 5 or 6 different drinks and some lucky people get more than just a sample.

On the last night I ordered a mojito from a different bar and it looked like a salad in a glass. Everyone was taking my pic with the "salad drink". Gosh we had fun, i'm ready to go back.

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net/

OK if you're going to Cozumel and want the best excursion ever, then go to Nachi Cocom. We have been there three times, and love , love , love it. The link above is the non-updated web site but gives you a great idea of the facilities. To book you have to go to this site.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/cozumelbeachbreak.htm

$59.00 all inclusive day on the beach and they never book more than 100 ppl per day. Each time we've been there there was only about 30-40 people total. Water is beautiful with sand bottom, plenty of chairs, open bar. The food is some of the best I've had in Mexico, and I've eaten in Mexico more times than I can remember. Pool with swim up bar. You can get massage on the beach and I highly recommend parasailing here. It's beautiful and cheaper than most places. Don't book any extras on line though. Wait til you get there because you can barter a little. (No middle man)

Just to give you an idea......... We have rented snorkle gear (not much to see here though), rented jet skis, parasailed, and done the banana boat thingy. Best of all, there are no crowds!!!

Get a taxi or van right at the pier and tell them to take you here. Think it's about 6-8 dollars a person.

Great review. I love the humor you put into your review. I can only imagine how stressful it started out but glad that everyone had a great time.

We just booked this for April 2012 and I am reading everything I can.

Did any of the kids attend the kids camps? I have a 15 year old who will be 17 on our cruise and hoping there will be tons of stuff for her to do. I know my 6 year old (who will be 8 then) will have tons of things to do.

I look forward to your suggestions for Cozumel. That is on our 2012 itinerary. (Saw you posted before me about your suggestions. I'll have to read them. Thank you)

Great review. I love the humor you put into your review. I can only imagine how stressful it started out but glad that everyone had a great time.

We just booked this for April 2012 and I am reading everything I can.

Did any of the kids attend the kids camps? I have a 15 year old who will be 17 on our cruise and hoping there will be tons of stuff for her to do. I know my 6 year old (who will be 8 then) will have tons of things to do.

I look forward to your suggestions for Cozumel. That is on our 2012 itinerary. (Saw you posted before me about your suggestions. I'll have to read them. Thank you)

Your 17 yr old will be right in the thick of things!!! Have her go to her area for her age group the first evening. After the first night you will probably have to drag her back to the room kicking and screaming. Not sure about the 8 yr old, but the stuff for them to do is endless. I've not heard or read one thing about any children having problems meeting other kids. You guys will have a blast!!

My group was booked to do Nachi Cocum last May, and I was SO excited because I'd read so much about it... but then the swine flu pandemic hit, and our itinerary got changed from Cozumel to Coco Cay. When/if we ever make it back to Cozumel, though, we're definitely going to do Nachi Cocum. Glad you enjoyed it, retnuh281!

Erica

My group was booked to do Nachi Cocum last May, and I was SO excited because I'd read so much about it... but then the swine flu pandemic hit, and our itinerary got changed from Cozumel to Coco Cay. When/if we ever make it back to Cozumel, though, we're definitely going to do Nachi Cocum. Glad you enjoyed it, retnuh281!

Erica

We live in the Houston area, so the quick trip to Cozumel out of Galveston on Carnival is very convenient. Thats why we have been three times. If and when we return to Coz. we will definitely spend our time and money there.

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net/

OK if you're going to Cozumel and want the best excursion ever, then go to Nachi Cocom. We have been there three times, and love , love , love it. The link above is the non-updated web site but gives you a great idea of the facilities. To book you have to go to this site.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/cozumelbeachbreak.htm

$59.00 all inclusive day on the beach and they never book more than 100 ppl per day. Each time we've been there there was only about 30-40 people total. Water is beautiful with sand bottom, plenty of chairs, open bar. The food is some of the best I've had in Mexico, and I've eaten in Mexico more times than I can remember. Pool with swim up bar. You can get massage on the beach and I highly recommend parasailing here. It's beautiful and cheaper than most places. Don't book any extras on line though. Wait til you get there because you can barter a little. (No middle man)

Just to give you an idea......... We have rented snorkle gear (not much to see here though), rented jet skis, parasailed, and done the banana boat thingy. Best of all, there are no crowds!!!

Get a taxi or van right at the pier and tell them to take you here. Think it's about 6-8 dollars a person.

Thank you, that sounds like a good time. I have been to Cozumel several times but usually just rent a scooter for a while then spend the rest of the afternoon getting lit up at Carlos and Charlies...:D

I need to go with you I am up at 6am everymorning and my girls make it by noon. great review. :p

Thank you. I need to have a group of early risers, what do they think this is, vacation? As I posted before, I rarely relax on a cruise because i'm worried about what everyone else is doing, I don't want to miss a thing. Thats why I have the best and most adventurous stories.

Had to share this pic. Everyone takes a picture with this on the Boardwalk. I just put a new spin on it.

[ATTACH]153666[/ATTACH]

Great picture!!!! you are hysterical

Great review - very funny. I can't find you on FB, even searching Sugar land, Texas to see your pics. Is there any way you can post a link to your FB page here?

Thanks for the info on taking the photo getting onboard - we never do that picture, so now I know to make sure we don't just pass it by.

I do have a question about the Turtle Swim. I just read another thread from someone that did this that was disappointed - they said the turtles were very few and were pretty small. Was that in fact true, as it didn't sound like it from your post.

Hello from another Texan! It took me awhile, but I finally finished reading your review tonight. It has been wonderfully humorous and informative! Now if we could just find 2 more couples to join us in June, maybe we'll have half as much fun as your group did!

I can't find you on Facebook to see more pics. I tried searching Sugar Land and got zilch. Maybe you've changed your settings because you have too many "followers" now. Haha

Thanks for the tip on Mojito class, Patel, and the sushi Can't wait to experience all three!

Archived