My week on the Oasis. 13th -20th

OMG - That has to be the best review ever written - thanks so much for sharing.:D

You all are too kind. I wish I could take another trip, so I could write another. Having post cruise depression. So much anticipation, and it's over in a flash. Ho Hum.:(

Hey bud, Great review it seemed like you really enjoyed yourself. Maybe i missed it but where is one to find 5-6 pound lobsters on St Maarten? Was it part of an excursion or was it a resturant?

Thanks

Jeff and Sarah

At the LoLo's on St. Martin.This is the place you see them cooking the ribs and chicken so you have to ask. I also wanted to try some conch, but they didn't have any that day. I asked if they had lobster and she brought out this monster lobster, had a head as big as mine. It cost me $40.00, wasn't cheap but I've always wanted one cooked on a grill in the Caribbean. My buddy saw it and aked for one and she brought out one that had to be close to 10lb. His was $90.00. A Giant!!! Took about 45 minutes to cook, so if you're in a hurry forget about it, it is the Caribbean, and they don't move real fast.

I think you can only find the LoLo's in Grand Case, if there are others I don't know about 'em.

Good Luck and Good eating!

P.S You at least have to get a rack of ribs, they were awesome. $4.00

I am sitting here laughing and my DH thinks I'm a little crazy. Loved, loved, loved your Oasis "diary." Thanks so much for sharing... you are a funny guy! We will say hello to Patel for you when we sail on April 10th! :D

Ask Patel to surprise you once you get to kow him. He likes experimenting and the experiments we had were free. shhhhhh, don't tell everyone. Also go pay the extra for the mojito making class too. When he asks who wants to try the sample he made, raise your hand. Pays for the class real quick.

:):):):) Thanks for each installment of your enjoyable review! We don't sail on the Oasis until the end of May, but think about our trip every day. It's what will get us through the next month in our accounting practice during tax season. :o

I have had so much fun just reading about your 'activities'....you guys sound like a fun group. I've enjoyed all the pictures so far...I can't wait! Off to watch some college basketball (the rest of my family is at Reliant Stadium right now!).

Thank you so much for this entertaining review. I've been procrastinating booking my Oasis cruise waiting for the prices to drop and your review has confirmed that we are definitely cruising next January 2011.

The manner in which you write your review is very funny - the icing on the cake would be if you did 1 minute video clips of your review I bet that would be hysterical. Again thank you

I love your reviews. They are cracking me up. Especially the one about the bacon at Johnny Rockets. That comment was hilarious. :) Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to let us all know all about The Oasis.

This is an odd question but was the St.Thomas tour really "pirate-y"(you know dressed up crew and such) or was it kinda low key you just happen to be on a pirate ship.

Thanks

No not piratey, but the boat is designed to look piratey. We loved it though, for the rest of the week we were Arghhhh all the time, and taking pics like pirates. A real blast.

JH

Missed something from your review --- the Private Beach break that you did - was that in Nassau? Looking at the listing of RCCL excursions which one was it? Thanks, have really enjoyed your review. Jan

Yes it was Nassau, it should be on the list. There a is only one that has private for Oasis. Fun, but bring you;re own sodas, long lines.

Thank you so much for this entertaining review. I've been procrastinating booking my Oasis cruise waiting for the prices to drop and your review has confirmed that we are definitely cruising next January 2011.

The manner in which you write your review is very funny - the icing on the cake would be if you did 1 minute video clips of your review I bet that would be hysterical. Again thank you

Wow, a friend just made a DVD, great with Flo Rider, and diving off pirate boat, a ton of smiling and having a great time. If you are thinking of sailing, quit it, and book it. They should be paying me for this.

Great funny review! I enjoyed reading it very much. RCCL should hire you to take all their cruises and write reviews. From what I can tell you got at least one person onboard that was procrastinating (I think that's spelled right).

I was sitting at my desk reading your review during lunch...mining my own business, and out came a burst of laughter that probably woke up those that were napping....FUNNY!

Great funny review! I enjoyed reading it very much. RCCL should hire you to take all their cruises and write reviews. From what I can tell you got at least one person onboard that was procrastinating (I think that's spelled right).

I was sitting at my desk reading your review during lunch...mining my own business, and out came a burst of laughter that probably woke up those that were napping....FUNNY!

Now thats funny!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Instead of the traditional review, I would like to take this review day by day and try to relive it as I write this. There is no way to get this all on one post so I will do it in sections and a day by day review with tips and such as I go. I will be happy to answer any questions about anything.

I enjoyed reading your review! :)

Thank you all for the kind words. Even though we have no plans for a future cruise at this point, I'm still lurking around these boards. So if there are any questions I'll try to answer in the best of my ability.

Awesome review!!!! Loved reading every word of it!!! One question.....

You have pictures?! I see some of the ones you posted but do you have them on shutterfyl or kodak.. ect? Would love to see them, the nassua and st. thomas excursions are them same as we will be doing in Sept. when we can finally board Oais! I did trying finding you on FB but cant seem to find to see your pictures... :confused:;):D:p:)

Hands down the funniest, most enlightening thread/review I've ever read... on any subject. Questions for you though. How was the secret area on deck 14 and how was the food/selection at Chops?

Thanks so much for the time you put into this. Can't wait to forward to my wife to pump her up for our May 29 voyage.

Hands down the funniest, most enlightening thread/review I've ever read... on any subject. Questions for you though. How was the secret area on deck 14 and how was the food/selection at Chops?

Thanks so much for the time you put into this. Can't wait to forward to my wife to pump her up for our May 29 voyage.

The secret area is'nt much of one after the first day, unless you're there fairly early. The other secret area on deck 7 that I mentioned is really nice and quiet and highly recommended for those that don't have a balcony.

This was our 2nd time at Chops and from what I remember everyone was very happy with it. I can't understand how some reviews are negative on Chops. Well, if you're a vegetarian then I can see it as being a waste of money, but if you're a Texas boy and dig beef, then it's awesome.

Archived