My week on the Oasis. 13th -20th

Great review - very funny. I can't find you on FB, even searching Sugar land, Texas to see your pics. Is there any way you can post a link to your FB page here?

Thanks for the info on taking the photo getting onboard - we never do that picture, so now I know to make sure we don't just pass it by.

I do have a question about the Turtle Swim. I just read another thread from someone that did this that was disappointed - they said the turtles were very few and were pretty small. Was that in fact true, as it didn't sound like it from your post.

I read that review as well. Our time spent there was a lot of fun and we saw about 10 turtles, all different sizes, on the bottom and swimming as well. 1st of all, they are wild animals and just because you pay for an excursion doesn't mean they get on their turtle phone and call all of their turtle buddies to do tricks for the tourists. They are air breathing creatures so the fact this guy said they were just hanging around on the bottom is just plain ignorant. Yes, they do eat down there. Wow, I need to get off my turtle soap box, huh? That guy that wrote that review was a negative nelly and it rubbed me wrong. Any way, I recommend it, our friends and family had a blast.

I read that review as well. Our time spent there was a lot of fun and we saw about 10 turtles, all different sizes, on the bottom and swimming as well. 1st of all, they are wild animals and just because you pay for an excursion doesn't mean they get on their turtle phone and call all of their turtle buddies to do tricks for the tourists. They are air breathing creatures so the fact this guy said they were just hanging around on the bottom is just plain ignorant. Yes, they do eat down there. Wow, I need to get off my turtle soap box, huh? That guy that wrote that review was a negative nelly and it rubbed me wrong. Any way, I recommend it, our friends and family had a blast.

Thank you - that was all I needed to hear.

Wish I had you as a neighbor. You are the kind of guy that takes everything in stride. Reading this I was laughing out loud. Glad you and the family enjoyed the cruise. You should be a writer. You can really visualize what you say.

Thanks for taking the time to relay your experiences.

Wish I had you as a neighbor. You are the kind of guy that takes everything in stride. Reading this I was laughing out loud. Glad you and the family enjoyed the cruise. You should be a writer. You can really visualize what you say.

Thank you very much. Actually never even thought I would/could do something like this until I started. A writer? Probably never, but a story teller, now thats a whole different can of worms.

I've had lots of good stories in my life, I really should do something before ALL my memories fade into oblivion.

Thank you very much.:) Actually never even thought I would/could do something like this until I started. A writer? Probably never, but a story teller, now thats a whole different can of worms.

I've had lots of good stories in my life, I really should do something before ALL my memories fade into oblivion.

Thank you - that was all I needed to hear.

Here is a link to my Face Book, stop by and say hello. We had over 600 pics of the cruise but I only have a fraction of those on Face Book.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1327032058&ref=profile

Seems to be alot of me in an orange Tommy Bahama hugging everyone. Hmmmmm

Here is a link to my Face Book, stop by and say hello. We had over 600 pics of the cruise but I only have a fraction of those on Face Book.

Oh awesome.. Just added you as a friend... Im just awaiting to be accepted.. lol

Still can't hit your FB page - this is what I get when I click on the link:

The page you requested was not found.

You may have clicked an expired link or mistyped the address. Some web addresses are case sensitive.

I went back and re -read everything, and there was one mistake in which a lot of people have inquired. Concerning the turtle cove excursion in St. thomas........ The boat picks you up right from the dock. I believe I said you have to take an open air shuttle. That was incorrect information!!

I told you it was all kind of a blur.

We took the "taxi" from the pier into town and back, where we met the boat for the excursion. I do suggest going into town because as i've stated that was a lot of fun as well.

I also stated it was the Surf Shack where we had frozen drinks, it is actually the Rum Shack (imagine that mistake).

Here is the link.

http://www.bigkahunausvi.com/

Fun, fun, fun. Don't get too crazy because the excursion is at 1:30.

(we did)

772263429_RumShack.jpg.9fd9e30390141c9a2bc72349da5ba02e.jpg

See all the drinks on the bar?

FYI the local beer is'nt that great. IMHO only drinkable if ice cold which it doesn't stay that way for long, so you better drink it fast.

We are staying in rooms 6282 and 6270, I was glad to read what you said about their locations.

My MIL doesn't walk very far without whining, so I need centrally located.

Great reviews! I can't decide which excursions to do, (points to comment about MIL and whiney walking.) your info helped greatly.

We are staying in rooms 6282 and 6270, I was glad to read what you said about their locations.

My MIL doesn't walk very far without whining, so I need centrally located.

Great reviews! I can't decide which excursions to do, (points to comment about MIL and whiney walking.) your info helped greatly.

Unfortunate about MIL. We had a disabled young girl in our group and there was always that lingering over us about how far we had to walk, but she was a trooper and never complained about anything. Sorry I can't give any ideas about excursions, because everything we did involved at least some bit of walking. Maybe she would prefer to stay on board and enjoy the non-crowds.

Your rooms are very centrally located, you have that going for you. LOL Good Luck.

Now the page is working - I am going to send a friend request to see your pics!

Now the page is working - I am going to send a friend request to see your pics!

The pics I have on Facebook are nothing to write home about, but it'll be good having you as a friend all the same. I like your pics as well.

When we first boarded we checked on our excursion to St Thomas, all was well. We then went to the MTD on deck 5. We were asking to have three tables near each other because of our rather large group. They will not "reserve" tables at MTD until the third night. Unless your wife asks very nicely and flashes the gold sea pass, and our friends do the same. All the sudden the Red Sea parted and they would make every attempt.

Tip number 0-100.............shhhhh come closer, book a suite.

Look, we are not ones to show off or ask for anything crazy or out of the ordinary, but RCCL are the ones that advertise suite perks, and in my opinion they came through with flying colors. .

I had just the opposite experience. 2007 I booked a owners suite 3 minutes after liberty went on sale, It was like $12,000 or so. When my girls and I went to dinner we had asked for a large table what we got was no table at all. Nothing they could do, all booked up, they put us in the hall where everyone waits for the doors to open. People where bumping into us as we tried to eat while they went out to go to the bathroom. I was crying I had saved for over a year for this suite and it didn't mean anything. It only got worse from there with things going wrong. I know I shouldn't of let it ruin my cruise but I did.

I wrote a letter to RCCL with my disappointment this was my third cruise in 3 years 2 of them suites and they didn't even respond to my complaint. I was done with them I thought I just couldn't pass up allure. Hope it goes better.:o

I had just the opposite experience. 2007 I booked a owners suite 3 minutes after liberty went on sale, It was like $12,000 or so. When my girls and I went to dinner we had asked for a large table what we got was no table at all. Nothing they could do, all booked up, they put us in the hall where everyone waits for the doors to open. People where bumping into us as we tried to eat while they went out to go to the bathroom. I was crying I had saved for over a year for this suite and it didn't mean anything. It only got worse from there with things going wrong. I know I shouldn't of let it ruin my cruise but I did.

I wrote a letter to RCCL with my disappointment this was my third cruise in 3 years 2 of them suites and they didn't even respond to my complaint. I was done with them I thought I just couldn't pass up allure. Hope it goes better.:o

OH man, that IS horrible. Seems like you have a really fun group planned for this cruise, I'm confident you all will have a good experience.

Only one glaring problem as I see it....................I can't go.:(

Retnah281....What a great story, felt like I was there, I think thats why I have this hangover!!!!!! When are you sailing again? I want to go, just to watch....Join us on Dec. 4th, 2010...Bill

You know, in retrospect I wish i had filmed the entire week. I brought my video cam but never even took it out. Sure would have helped me remember some of the fun I had. Next time, i'm going to keep a daily "diary" . That should prove quite interesting at 4:00 a.m. on the craps table. Would love to go again soon, but this past trip put a serious dent in the "travel savings".

Come on lottery!!!!!!!!!!!

Would help if I bought a ticket huh?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived