Carnival Customer Service

cantwait06

I know its been discussed before but I'm just so annoyed.

I called Carnival's customer service today about a problem I was having with the website-long story short my reservation for my upcoming cruise wasn't showing up and I just wanted to make sure it wasn't cancelled or something.

When I explained why I was calling, the woman on the phone told me she had no idea what I was talking about. So I explained it again. In the middle of explaining, she yelled at me to "listen to her." I started getting frustrated, so told her it didn't need to be complicated, I was just trying to explain the problem I was having.

She never solved my problem, just told me it was my computers fault and had nothing to do with Carnival. Then she told me people call her all the time with the same problem.

She was very short with me and demeaning, sort of like I was an idiot who didn't know how to use the computer or something.

So I'm going to try again tomorrow and see if I get someone different. I can't believe they would have such unhelpful people working customer service. There was no service there.

Sorry for the rant. Just annoyed and still don't know where my reservation is.

I wouldn't wait until tomorrow, call again. If you get the same person, get their name and then ask to speak to a supervisor. You should never have anyone in customer service yelling at you - ever!

Smooth Sailing! :):)

Sorry for your problem. I'd keep calling until they fix the computer glitch. Don't know why they would try to blame your computer for the problem; your computer only displays what their database reflects.

If this CSR treats all her callers this way, I wouldn't expect him/her to be around very long.

Good luck! Keep trying!!

called back, got someone much more helpful this time! I am all set, thanks for listening to my rant! :)

a few years ago I started to ask them if they would like me to do survey for them at the end of the call! I told them I would be happy to do so if that gets them any "points" with their bosses. i then explain that the reason I am telling them this at the beginning of the call is that I might forget tell them this at the end..but that I still want to do a survey.....:D

Of course we all know that this survey is really a review of how well they handled the call...they know it...I know it...and they know I know it....however, it has worked every time...I get good service...problem gets solved...and I give them high marks...because they deserve it.

On the other hand, if the CS rep can't speak English or communicate properly with me, I know this within 30 seconds and just hang up and call back.....and I usually get the same result you got...satisfaction.

It takes skill to deal with CS these days....skill on our part that is:D

I know its been discussed before but I'm just so annoyed.

I called Carnival's customer service today about a problem I was having with the website-long story short my reservation for my upcoming cruise wasn't showing up and I just wanted to make sure it wasn't cancelled or something.

When I explained why I was calling, the woman on the phone told me she had no idea what I was talking about. So I explained it again. In the middle of explaining, she yelled at me to "listen to her." I started getting frustrated, so told her it didn't need to be complicated, I was just trying to explain the problem I was having.

She never solved my problem, just told me it was my computers fault and had nothing to do with Carnival. Then she told me people call her all the time with the same problem.

She was very short with me and demeaning, sort of like I was an idiot who didn't know how to use the computer or something.

So I'm going to try again tomorrow and see if I get someone different. I can't believe they would have such unhelpful people working customer service. There was no service there.

Sorry for the rant. Just annoyed and still don't know where my reservation is.

Did you just ask to confirm your reservation? I would have just said, "Can you confirm my reservation #1f3d5a on x ship on y date?" And they would say yes or no, and then you hang up. If you are having issues with the website, use the contact us link and click the "website issues" button and shoot 'em an e-mail. I can assure you that the sales people making minimum wage at the 800# don't know squat about why it's not showing up on the website.

a few years ago I started to ask them if they would like me to do survey for them at the end of the call! I told them I would be happy to do so if that gets them any "points" with their bosses. i then explain that the reason I am telling them this at the beginning of the call is that I might forget tell them this at the end..but that I still want to do a survey.....:D

Of course we all know that this survey is really a review of how well they handled the call...they know it...I know it...and they know I know it....however, it has worked every time...I get good service...problem gets solved...and I give them high marks...because they deserve it.

On the other hand, if the CS rep can't speak English or communicate properly with me, I know this within 30 seconds and just hang up and call back.....and I usually get the same result you got...satisfaction.

It takes skill to deal with CS these days....skill on our part that is:D

But it should NOT have to take any skill to deal with Customer Service Reps. I did the job for many years, eventually I was a manager of a Call Center and I can tell you that every call should be handled courteously. That what reps. are trained to do.

And yes, there is a large burn out rate in the CS world because, let's face it, the public can be very hard on service people. It's not an easy job. However, no matter how customers treat them, they should always be calm, informative and polite. Especially more so for a customer who was NOT rude or abusive to them in the first place!

If they don't speak to you in a proper manner, then you should always call back and report it to a Supervisor. Trust me when I tell you that companies don't want rude employees representing them, and take great pains to weed them out. You're not only doing the company a favor by reporting it, but yourself too because the next time you call you're not going to want to get that same person again!

= Sharon =

But it should NOT have to take any skill to deal with Customer Service Reps. I did the job for many years, eventually I was a manager of a Call Center and I can tell you that every call should be handled courteously. That what reps. are trained to do.

And yes, there is a large burn out rate in the CS world because, let's face it, the public can be very hard on service people. It's not an easy job. However, no matter how customers treat them, they should always be calm, informative and polite. Especially more so for a customer who was NOT rude or abusive to them in the first place!

If they don't speak to you in a proper manner, then you should always call back and report it to a Supervisor. Trust me when I tell you that companies don't want rude employees representing them, and take great pains to weed them out. You're not only doing the company a favor by reporting it, but yourself too because the next time you call you're not going to want to get that same person again!

= Sharon =

I've dealt with many times more rude and obnoxious people as a customer service employee than I have as a customer, that's all I'm saying. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying..

This happened to my mom previously, it is a computer glitch, not a Carnival website glitch, something about setting, cookies or whatever. My mom could not see her reservation on her computer, but when I logged in with her reservation and password on my computer I could see it perfectly.

However, this does not give that representative the right to scold you or belittle you, she should have found a way to handle it better then how she did. Glad you got it worked out.

= Sharon =

Totally agree with you...but it is really difficult to get thru to them at times and then they transfer you and you get to repeat the whole story over again.

When I worked in customer service and someone called in asking for a supervisor, our supervisor would tell us to transfer the call to our pod buddy would would then pretend he was a supervisor, and that person would tell the customer the same thing he had already been told and the three of us would laugh about it later. Good times..

I saw the same episode .. where the rep told the person to be quiet, and quit interupting her so she could help or some such. opps. In front of the boss.

Our bosses never cared. If we got the customer off the phone in less than 12.5 minutes on average, we won awards. How we treated them didn't matter. It was all about volume.

Our bosses never cared. If we got the customer off the phone in less than 12.5 minutes on average, we won awards. How we treated them didn't matter. It was all about volume.

Wow that's....awful. It should always matter how people treat each other....at work or at home. I realize everyone has a bad day now and then but often trying to make someone else a little happier also makes you happier as well.

Wow that's....awful. It should always matter how people treat each other....at work or at home. I realize everyone has a bad day now and then but often trying to make someone else a little happier also makes you happier as well.

Big money goes around the world

Big money underground

Big money got a mighty voice

Big money make no sound

Big money pull a million strings

Big money hold the prize

Big money weave a mighty web

Big money draw the flies

Sometimes pushing people around

Sometimes pulling out the rug

Sometimes pushing all the buttons

Sometimes pulling out the plug

It's the power and the glory

It's a war in paradise

It's a cinderella story

On a tumble of the dice

Big money take a cruise

Big money leave a mighty wake

Big money leave a bruise

Big money make a million dreams

Big money spin big deals

Big money make a mighty head

Big money spin big wheels

Sometimes building ivory towers

Sometimes knocking castles down

Sometimes building you a stairway -

Lock you underground

It's that old-time religion

it's the kingdom they would rule

It's the fool on television

Getting paid to play the fool

Big money give and take

Big money done a power of good

Big money make mistakes

Big money got a heavy hand

Big money take control

Big money got a mean streak

Big money got no soul...

When I worked in customer service and someone called in asking for a supervisor, our supervisor would tell us to transfer the call to our pod buddy would would then pretend he was a supervisor, and that person would tell the customer the same thing he had already been told and the three of us would laugh about it later. Good times..

Yep........but it is sooo obvious......you have to be really stupid not to figure that out:rolleyes:

Yep........but it is sooo obvious......you have to be really stupid not to figure that out:rolleyes:

I dunno.. I've been a "supervisor" many times.. And people are much more receptive to a "no" from a "supervisor" than they are from some regular guy..

I dunno.. I've been a "supervisor" many times.. And people are much more receptive to a "no" from a "supervisor" than they are from some regular guy..

Sure if you are talking to a real supervisor.......but it is obvious you aren't......

called back, got someone much more helpful this time! I am all set, thanks for listening to my rant! :)

Did you get the first persons name? Did you report that behavior? As a boss in a GS business I would want to know if any of my people behaved like this, they would be gone FAST!! What is so sad is just that one encounter with that one person gave you the impression Carnival GS was horrible, which is not always the case, yet understandable that you would feel that way. Sometimes that one time can make a lasting impression.

It amazes me sometimes how customer service people have so little knowledge about just how much in advertising costs it takes to replace that customer they just chased away. :confused:

Further amazed at how many companies aren't aware of how important this "face" of the company becomes at times. :rolleyes:

I was a CS supervisor for a few years at a major dept store chain. I can not count the # of times I got cursed out. I will admit though that was my favorite customer, kept the day interesting. My motto was kill them with kindness. Never let them see their foul behaviour is getting to you, smile, smile, smile and use every ounce of manners your Momma taught ya.

Can't complain to corporate about you being too nice or too polite. Totally ticks them off when they can't beat you down. Best part was being called a B as they walked off and ending with. Thanks, have a nice day!!!!!!!! :D

Archived