Pricing is up!!

tulips*n*truffles

It seems right now the transatlantics seem to be discounted more.

For those anxious to book right away, prices are going to be high and group space may not be negotiated yet. Prices most likely will fall over time. Be prepared for sticker shock right now for non-transatlantics. Having more ships in Europe will hopefully bring prices down through out the year as the economy has not fully rebounded.

With my cruise, I'm fairly certain I should be able to get a nice price drop in the next 513 days. I think once I settle on a good TA I'll be able to relax a bit more (and so will my Mom).

I'll be calling another TA tomorrow, and I have high hopes for this one.

They probably will not have the pricing for may be another 365 days.

It seems right now the transatlantics seem to be discounted more.

For those anxious to book right away, prices are going to be high and group space may not be negotiated yet. Prices most likely will fall over time. Be prepared for sticker shock right now for non-transatlantics. Having more ships in Europe will hopefully bring prices down through out the year as the economy has not fully rebounded.

Prices are not locked in. Prices will be adjusted depending on what the market will bear. If the economy doesn't rebound, you can expect to see lower prices if the cabins aren't selling as quickly as the lines would like.

Either do a booking now if you are concerned about getting the cabin location you want, and watch for a price drop OR wait until you see a price drop and then book.

MARAPRINCE

I did end up booking the itinerary I wanted, but at a category drop of something like 4 levels, which makes me sad, and it's STILL over $3K! I confirmed with my TA the cancellation restrictions and booked, but I'm 90% sure I'll have to cancel unless prices go waaaaay way down. I expected balconies in the $2K range, but the difference in cost between last summer (almost identical itinerary) and this summer is sooo different! Just sad.

Balconies were not in the 2K range this year either, at least not when I booked (and they hadn't dropped when I cancelled) our June "Greek Isles" cruise. We booked an oceanview for about $2000 pp rather than shell out $2900 pp for a balcony cabin.

Archived