Sea Princess to be Australia based from 2011/12 Season

aussiecruiser275

Princess Cruises deploys Sea Princess in Australia

Carnival's Princess Cruises has just announced that its 1950-passenger Sea Princess will be based in Australia over the 2011-12 cruise season, with the move boosting the brand's local fleet to four superliners.

Sea Princess will join Dawn Princess, Sun Princess and Sapphire Princess in cruising Australian waters, with Sun Princess heading north to be Brisbane-based from Sep 2011 to Feb 2012 - the first time a Princess vessel has been based in the Queensland capital.

Dawn Princess will return to Melbourne again, while Sea Princess will be based in Sydney to operate a series of cruises to New Zealand, Japan and Tasmania.

Princess Cruises President Alan Buckelew said Australian interest in Princess Cruises' ships was at an all-time high, saying "it's been clear that Australians love the cruise line's relaxed style of cruising as well as the exotic destinations that it offers."

Princess Cruises deploys Sea Princess in Australia

Carnival's Princess Cruises has just announced that its 1950-passenger Sea Princess will be based in Australia over the 2011-12 cruise season, with the move boosting the brand's local fleet to four superliners.

Sea Princess will join Dawn Princess, Sun Princess and Sapphire Princess in cruising Australian waters, with Sun Princess heading north to be Brisbane-based from Sep 2011 to Feb 2012 - the first time a Princess vessel has been based in the Queensland capital.

Dawn Princess will return to Melbourne again, while Sea Princess will be based in Sydney to operate a series of cruises to New Zealand, Japan and Tasmania.

Princess Cruises President Alan Buckelew said Australian interest in Princess Cruises' ships was at an all-time high, saying "it's been clear that Australians love the cruise line's relaxed style of cruising as well as the exotic destinations that it offers."

if this is true its good news for us Aussies cruising out of OZ

rkmw

Hi All

If the Sea goes to Aus, I wonder what us folks from the UK will get if anything for the Caribbean.

A new build ?

your Shogun

Oh No! did Ruby Princess Xmas cruise from Newcastle/Heathrow/Miami. Wont be doing that again.... perhaps the Grand will do 14 nighters from Barbados?

If the SEA leaves to Australia that means that we only will be able to choose from "big" ships for Caribbean cruises. As we don't like the Grand class, too big for us, Princess is going to lose a loyal customer. Would have liked more if they had send one of the big ships to Australia and not all three SUN class ships. :(:(:(

does anyone know what ship will be used for Sydney to LA in 2011(OCT ?)

2010 it is Sapphire but she will be in dry dock at that time.

Thanks

Mike

I don't believe that part of the schedule has been announced. Is it definite that Princess will cruise Sydney to LA then?

If the SEA leaves to Australia that means that we only will be able to choose from "big" ships for Caribbean cruises. As we don't like the Grand class, too big for us, Princess is going to lose a loyal customer. Would have liked more if they had send one of the big ships to Australia and not all three SUN class ships. :(:(:(

You took the words right out of my mouth!! The Sun class ships are my favorite and I don't cruise on anything bigger than that. Guess my cruising with Princess days are almost over!!!

Yes I agree

And we would be VERY happy if they sent one of the big ships here, but sadly its not to be.

I do like the Dawn and the Sun but the Sea Princess is essentually the same ship with a different name.

• 2 months later...
does anyone know what ship will be used for Sydney to LA in 2011(OCT ?)

2010 it is Sapphire but she will be in dry dock at that time.

Thanks

Mike

Sea Princess is doing SF to Sydney in September 2011 so perhaps she will do the reverse trip, as Sapphire is this year.

Hi All

If the Sea goes to Aus, I wonder what us folks from the UK will get if anything for the Caribbean.

A new build ?

your Shogun

I looked on the web site yesterday and noticed that the Sea P was off to Oz. I looked for cruises at xmas and new year in 2011, as we like to go then, but didn't see anything which could have charter flights included. Maybe Princess has decided to stop these? I think its a shame if they do, as the charter flights are so convenient, especially going to Bardados with no US security to go through when you arrive.

Ah well, I guess nothing stays the same, although I would be surprised if they have removed all of the charter flights as the planes were always full, as were the cruises.

I looked on the web site yesterday and noticed that the Sea P was off to Oz. I looked for cruises at xmas and new year in 2011, as we like to go then, but didn't see anything which could have charter flights included. Maybe Princess has decided to stop these? I think its a shame if they do, as the charter flights are so convenient, especially going to Bardados with no US security to go through when you arrive.

Ah well, I guess nothing stays the same, although I would be surprised if they have removed all of the charter flights as the planes were always full, as were the cruises.

P&O have doubled up capacity from Barbados (Ventura + Azura). They are even offering (not a very good deal in my opinion) where you book and it will be either of the ships within a certain timeframe and get a couple of hundred quid off. So I would imagine that is our lot on the charter flights to Barbados. I also spotted American Airlines are the preferred Princess for the Miami/Fort Lauderdale embarkations not BA but Manchester in addition to London departure is offered.

Archived