pre cruise miami south beach hotel?

cruisingisforme

HI,

Any suggestions for a hotel in south beach. Going Oct 29 for 2 nights. Wanted to be in the Art Deco area if possible. And if possible a room for 4 adults and reasonable price.

Thank you.

It is still off season so your chances of getting a good hotel at a reasonable price are high.

South Beach hotel rooms are teeny tiny and very few can hold four adults comfortably unless you want to drop a fortune on a suite.

The Ritz Carlton, Gansavoort, W, Mondrian, or The Loews are the only hotels that will have regular sized hotel rooms for four. All the others it will be an expensive upgrade.

My suggestion would be to book two priceline hotels.

A standard room in South Beach is for two people. A room for four is an upgrade. Don't even think about booking the cheapest room then trying to get a double/double on checkin.

I've stayed in all of the luxury hotels in South Beach and you would be shocked at the size of the rooms. Teeny tiny.

Thank you Blue Heron,

I had wondered about the room size as I thought the hotel photos did look small. Ok then what nice hotel in the art deco district would you recommend and as well Miami beach for 2 adults in a room.

Thank you

Doubletree Surfcomber, Hotel Victor, South Seas, Avalon, Cordoza, or The Bently. If you can swing the price, The Tides.

Highly recommend Marriott South Beach. We had an oceanfront balcony. over $300, but worth it to me. I only get a vacation every once in a while and I try not to worry about what I spend. It is south of the art deco district, but not that far. The room was big enough for 4. I think it was room 837. Ask for an ocean front room, there are not that many and it was well worth it to me.

Highly recommend Marriott South Beach. We had an oceanfront balcony. over $300, but worth it to me. I only get a vacation every once in a while and I try not to worry about what I spend. It is south of the art deco district, but not that far. The room was big enough for 4. I think it was room 837. Ask for an ocean front room, there are not that many and it was well worth it to me.

Good to hear TR. We booked this hotel for October. We had booked the downtown Marriott Biscayne, with a nice view of the port, but thought we'd go enjoy SB & the ocean view since our flight was arriving relatively early (in MIA around 1pm). It was only $20 more than downtown... kind of a no brainer. I think. :confused:

Thanks for the help on this thread. I just booked a room at the Avalon, on BlueHeron's suggestion for my daughter & I in June - 2 nights pre-cruise. After lots of searching the best rate was on the hotel's own website; the AAA rate beat out the internet-only-non-refundable fare by a few dollars a night :)

Cheers,

Mary

I have stayed at the Sagamore...great location on the beach and within walking distance to Lincoln Rd mall. We had a room with a king bed and a queen sleeper sofa. Also had a full kitchen if that is important.

• 2 months later...

Just back from our 4 night Bahamas on Majesty, and wanted to say that our 2 night pre-cruise stay at the Avalon on Ocean Drive in South Beach was wonderful! everyone on staff was pleasant and helpful. the room was a little on the small side (as expected), but clean, nice and had all the amenities we needed: excellent a/c, comfortable beds, plenty of space in closet, mini-fridge, safe, hair dryer and very nice toiletries. The included deluxe continental breakfast was one of the best I've had.

Room was perfect for my daughter and I; would be very doable but a little tight for 4.

Location of course cannot be beat!!!! right across the street from the beach (towels available for guests), step out the door to all the restaurants and night clubs. The hotel's restaurant, A Fish Called Avalon is Zagat rated and the food was top-notch.

I would stay here again in a minute. :) :) :)

Cheers,

Mary

Just back from our 4 night Bahamas on Majesty, and wanted to say that our 2 night pre-cruise stay at the Avalon on Ocean Drive in South Beach was wonderful! everyone on staff was pleasant and helpful. the room was a little on the small side (as expected), but clean, nice and had all the amenities we needed: excellent a/c, comfortable beds, plenty of space in closet, mini-fridge, safe, hair dryer and very nice toiletries. The included deluxe continental breakfast was one of the best I've had.

Room was perfect for my daughter and I; would be very doable but a little tight for 4.

Location of course cannot be beat!!!! right across the street from the beach (towels available for guests), step out the door to all the restaurants and night clubs. The hotel's restaurant, A Fish Called Avalon is Zagat rated and the food was top-notch.

I would stay here again in a minute. :) :) :)

Cheers,

Mary

Glad you had a great time and thanks so much for coming back and sharing your experience!

Archived