ES Question?

sfollenius

Hi all, I have sailed with Carnival once before and now I am booked on the Dream for April. The prices for Early Saver have dropped about a total of $200 from what I paid. I booked through a TA, and she tells me she called Carnival and they told her no credits can be made since the final deposit was paid. The thing is, she can't tell me whether she booked ES or not, my booking does not specify. This was booked about a year out and I remember looking on Carnival and her rate she gave me was exactly the same as the ES Guarantee rate on Carnival. (there was no past guest rate offered at this time). I was awarded a Cat 6L, and my price quote yesterday was for 6A-6L for the total of $200 less. This time, instead of asking my TA, I went ahead and submitted the form online for the price difference. I am waiting to see what happens, any way to confirm what rate type she booked me at?

Thanks!

Hi all, I have sailed with Carnival once before and now I am booked on the Dream for April. The prices for Early Saver have dropped about a total of $200 from what I paid. I booked through a TA, and she tells me she called Carnival and they told her no credits can be made since the final deposit was paid. The thing is, she can't tell me whether she booked ES or not, my booking does not specify. This was booked about a year out and I remember looking on Carnival and her rate she gave me was exactly the same as the ES Guarantee rate on Carnival. (there was no past guest rate offered at this time). I was awarded a Cat 6L, and my price quote yesterday was for 6A-6L for the total of $200 less. This time, instead of asking my TA, I went ahead and submitted the form online for the price difference. I am waiting to see what happens, any way to confirm what rate type she booked me at?

Thanks!

Are sure that you didn't book Fun Select? With Fun Select Carnival chooses your cabin. With Early Saver you pick the cabin.

Your TA is an idiot, run away as fast as possible. You are being given incorrect information. If your TA helps you get what you are intitled too with the price drops she will loose commission. Odds are that your form will be rejected because you are booked thru a TA. There have been many reports of TAs refusing to assist their customers with ES refunds. Good Luck.

Ahhh, that could be I don't remember! I definitely know it was Guarantee and I did not pick the cabin. The confusing thing to me, I have read posts regarding Early Saver being Guarantee. But what you are saying would make more sense as to why I can't get the OBC.

I did find this here on the forums, which makes more sense to what she is saying, I just wish I could find out what rate I was booked under!

FunSelect is pretty much the highest fare. You can cancel without penalty or switch to a better Fare up to final Payment (about 60 days before sailing). You can get price drops up to final payment.

Ahhh, that could be I don't remember! I definitely know it was Guarantee and I did not pick the cabin. The confusing thing to me, I have read posts regarding Early Saver being Guarantee. But what you are saying would make more sense as to why I can't get the OBC.

.....then you didn't book ES. ES does not have guarantees available, that's why you have to pick a certain category, then once all the ES cabins are gone in that particular category, there are no more available. You can still get price drops, but no new ES bookings.

wasiii

what you CAN do is look to see if there is a higher category cabin with free upgrades like the past guest you are seeing and ask to get the upgrade to the category that matches what you paid. Thats what I would be looking at if my price dropped $200.

Thanks good info, I think my TA does know what she is doing after all. She did mention that I could book a Balcony for about $300 more for the 3 of us. the 6L is the highest OV category listed, so maybe the others are sold out.

Archived