Liquids & Gels At Security Check

Dancinfeet

Does the TSA consider hand lotion as a liquid, and what about make-up,lipstick and toothpaste? Do things of this sort need to be in a zip-lock bag when you go through security. I don't want to NOT have something in the zip-lock that should be in it.

Does the TSA consider hand lotion as a liquid, and what about make-up,lipstick and toothpaste? Do things of this sort need to be in a zip-lock bag when you go through security. I don't want to NOT have something in the zip-lock that should be in it.

Yes, all liquids, creams, gels, lotions, toothpaste, liquid foundation, lip gloss, mascara, etc. all need to be in the ziploc bag. The containers need to be 3.4 oz or less.

If something is in a container that is greater that 3.4 oz (even if it is in the ziploc) you will have to see if you can add it to your checked baggage or throw it away.

Yes, all liquids, creams, gels, lotions, toothpaste, liquid foundation, lip gloss, mascara, etc. all need to be in the ziploc bag. The containers need to be 3.4 oz or less.

If something is in a container that is greater that 3.4 oz (even if it is in the ziploc) you will have to see if you can add it to your checked baggage or throw it away.

The TSA site has the answer to your question. You can Google it faster than I can provide a link. :)

Thanks for the quick reply. :) I wasn't sure about the makeup. I will just put everything that resembles a liquid or gel in my ziplock. Most stuff is going in my checked luggage.

Actually, lipstick/gloss in stick form is OK. I've never had a problem with that, or with mascara.

I've had problems with lip gloss and mascara before. All it takes is one TSA agent with an attitude and you've lost your favorite mascara. Best to put it in the baggie just in case.

went in doubt stick it in the baggie...(ONE per traveler!)

(i did have a nice TSA peep let me take a 4 ounce container of yogurt through...i trurly forgot it was in my lunchbag..the nice lady looked at it, said it was cute, it was small and i could take it...(i offered to toss it!)

I promised to eat it right after i put my shoes on!!! that was nice of her!

Archived