Which former Royal Caribbean ships do you wish you could sail on?

Which Royal Caribbean ships do you wish you could sail on?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Which Royal Caribbean ships do you wish you could sail on?

• Song of Norway
    • Nordic Prince
    • Sun Viking
    • Song of America
    • Sovereign of the Seas
    • Empress of the Seas
    • Viking Serenade

But you CAN sail on any of those you've listed.

Song of Norway is currently Ocean Pearl, sailing with Quail Cruises

Nordic Prince is currently Aquamarine, sailing with Louis Cruise Lines

Sun Viking is currently Long Jie, sailing with Asain Cruises

Song of America is currently Thompson Destiny, sailing with Thompson Cruises

Sovereign of the Seas is currently Sovereign, sailing with Pullmantur cruises

Empress of the Seas is currently Empress, sailing with Pullmantur Cruises

Viking Serenade is currently Island Escape, sailing with Thompson Cruises

Hey Dylan. Sorry, but none of those old ships. I really love those Radiance class ships. There are no better ships afloat with respect to the overall appearance and feel of the ship. Big enough to have lots to do and yet now so big as to feel crowded when reaching a port.

Have a great week my friend.

I selected the Song of America. We only sailed on her 5 times for 39 nights but loved every day. Most of the time we had Captain Eriksen - we even had him on another ship (SOS). We felt he made the trips a lot of fun.

Another thing I liked comes from the published specs dated May 1988. Passengers 1404, deck chairs 1600! We never had problems with chair hogs.

We sailed on Sun Viking to the MR in January 1992 with about 500 other passengers. The service was amazing! You ran into people all week that you talked to while waiting for a drink at the bar or next to you at a show.

However, the newer, larger ships are beautiful and have many more options.

We are traveling back to the MR in 8 weeks on Mariner and our cabin costs about the same as an outside cabin on Sun Viking 18 years ago. That's truly amazing!

We sailed with Captain Leif Otto Bang who is still one of RC's masters. We had dinner with him one night and he was very personable (and the service was terrific, BTW!!!!):D

We sailed on Sun Viking to the MR in January 1992 with about 500 other passengers. The service was amazing! You ran into people all week that you talked to while waiting for a drink at the bar or next to you at a show.

However, the newer, larger ships are beautiful and have many more options.

We are traveling back to the MR in 8 weeks on Mariner and our cabin costs about the same as an outside cabin on Sun Viking 18 years ago. That's truly amazing!

We sailed with Captain Leif Otto Bang who is still one of RC's masters. We had dinner with him one night and he was very personable (and the service was terrific, BTW!!!!):D

We were on the Sun Viking November 89 and also had Captail Bang. My observation was he has a reserved class about him - not outgoing but very friendly if you approach him. Our sailing only had about 500 people so we got to know each other rapidly. Personally I enjoy smaller ships. When we started cruising I never thought I would say my favorite small ship today would be the Jewel. :)

I chose Sovereign of the Seas. My wife & I sailed her for our honeymoon in 1991 when she was still considered one of the largest cruise ships afloat!!:eek:

We're happy to say that we're making a return to RCI on the Enchantment this August for our 19th anniversary and can't wait!!!:D

Loved this ship. Not only was it our first cruise but the style of cruising has changed so very much. It can be a good thing in some ways, such as better stabilizers :) but I loved when the waiters fixed your salad and brought things to the table even when you did not ask for it. I know that everything changes but I can dream about those long lost times :). The captain was Eigil Eriksen then called The Master.

You never forget your first cruise!!!!!:D

• 2 months later...

From the pictures of I've seen, Song of America looks like the it was the first ship with the more modern Royal Caribbean style. It looks like a smaller version of Sovereign class mixed with with a little bit of the Song of Norway class.

I'm going to have to go with the Sovereign just because she was the one that started this mess ten years ago! I would have loved to sail on the Song of America as well. For some reason, the Sovereign just has a special place in our hearts! Fortunately we still have the Monarch and Majesty, but that may not be the case in a couple years :(

We sailed on the Empress in 2005 for our 10th Anniversary and at that time I think it was the smallest in Royal Caribbean's fleet. This year we will be sailing on the Oasis for our 15th Anniversary the Biggest in Royal Caribbean's fleet.

I'm going to have to go with the Sovereign just because she was the one that started this mess ten years ago! I would have loved to sail on the Song of America as well. For some reason, the Sovereign just has a special place in our hearts! Fortunately we still have the Monarch and Majesty, but that may not be the case in a couple years :(

I read from someone on the boards that they spoke with someone from the line nd they said the Monarch only had 2 years left either tht or it was the Majesty

Archived