Laptop on Explorer of the Seas

cs

I have a couple of questions (sorry if they've been answered before).

We'll be in a balcony cabin and want to know if there's any place to attach a lock. Looking at the balcony room picture I don't see a good place to attach it. Does anybody know where I could lock it up safely in the cabin?

Also, is there a place to install the RCI software ahead of time to use the laptop on the ship?

One last question, where can we go to get signal on the ship?

Thanks for the help!

Most folks who feel the need, will simply put their laptop in their locked luggage, when it's not being used. There's no place to "lock it up"--and you really won't need to. Put it in a drawer...the room attendant doesn't have time to mess with your computer.

Can't help you with any software or signal strength!!!

We were on the AOS which is exactly as the EOS and are crusing in November on the EOS. I used both my laptop and the Internet cafe extensively. You must wait until you are on the ship to log into and sign up for service. No software to download as I recall.

You will not have a signal from your balcony. Too much metal for the wifi signals to carry that far. There are approximately 5 wifi hotspots on the EOS where you can use your laptop. I unfortunately do not recall all of them however I do know that the Internet Cafe and the Promenade Cafe are 2 of them. I always used the ship's computers while in the Internet Cafe but a number of times sat in the Promenade Cafe in the morning while enjoying a cup of coffee.

Hopefully RCCL will wake up and realize the need for wifi in the cabins. Up until about a year ago they did have what was called CyberCabin which allowed access in your room but have discontinued that.

Hopefully someone has a list of all the hotspots. I called RCCL to get the list prior to sailing on the AOS in January.

Archived