Is there anything you changed your mind about buying on board and then regretted it?

Jeafl

Our last cruise we were walking out of the dining room on formal night and a photographer asked if he could take black and white candid pictures of each of my 3 kids alone. They came out absolutely gorgeous, but at the time I decided against buying them because it would have been $60 for the three pictures and we had already spent a TON of money.

To this day I regret it because those were the best pictures my kids ever took. The photographer really captured each of their personalities. I really could kick myself for not spending the stupid $60. Oh well, maybe lightening will strike twice and we'll get some good ones this time.

Other than that, I have not regretted not purchasing anything that had tempted me at the time.

My sister bought a ring with a pearl on it that stuck out and fell out of the setting on the way home in the car from the cruise. They said since it wasnt good jewelry it wasnt guaranteed, so you couldnt send it in and have it replaced. I expected even a $20 ring to last until we got home.

I spent $350 on a sapphire ring in a port I wish I hadnt because I could have bought it online for less than $100.

Our last cruise we were walking out of the dining room on formal night and a photographer asked if he could take black and white candid pictures of each of my 3 kids alone. They came out absolutely gorgeous, but at the time I decided against buying them because it would have been $60 for the three pictures and we had already spent a TON of money.

To this day I regret it because those were the best pictures my kids ever took. The photographer really captured each of their personalities. I really could kick myself for not spending the stupid $60. Oh well, maybe lightening will strike twice and we'll get some good ones this time.

Other than that, I have not regretted not purchasing anything that had tempted me at the time.

I have also reqretted not buying pictures too!!!!!!! :( It is such a bummer that they don't have a website that stores them for a bit for people who change their mind and want a copy of it! I guess if they did that less people would buy right away on the ship their picture! ;)

Well we know better the next time!

I had a film camera when I boarded the ship. I had not bought a digital yet, I got it in St. Thomas. I regret purchasing too many pictures from Carnival and the film processing on the ship. I was concerned that the film would be destroyed going through the machines at the airport. A couple pictures is all you need. :)

Saying no and dismissing the wandering photographers is one thing, and I do that all the time. But allowing him/her to take special photos of your kids and then not buying them? Who's fault is that?

On my last cruise a couple of years ago my daughter really wanted the towel animals book. I waited until the last day and they were all sold out! So I posted here on cc and someone who was sailing the next week was able to pick one up and ship it to me and I paypalled her the cost. It all worked out great - but if you want one of those books, don't wait until the last minute!

We went on our first cruise last September and bought both the ship video and the port video. When we got home and finally watched them I was really disappointed. We had taken our 12 and 14 yr old daughters with us and I just assumed the ship video was going to include all sorts of aspects of the trip, including things such as bits and pieces from the shows, some footage of the Circle C activities (and other kids groups too), etc. Unfortunately it seems that the video focuses primarily on the "partying" aspect. The port video was better but still not worth the $$ to me. In the future I won't waste my money and would suggest other families think twice as well if they are looking for something like we were.

I agree with you about pictures. They make the pictures so darned expensive that we usually opt out. But we do have some pictures from our first and second cruise, and they are framed and we really love them. So, I think we should buy at least one each time, for the memory.

When I took my 2 daughters on a cruise in 2006, they got a picture of them with a beach and the ocean as a backdrop. I absolutely LOVED it..all I heard from then was"We look fatttttttttt". Keep in mind, they are both a size 1.

Thats my biggest regret..listening to them and not buying that picture. I'll never get another shot like that.

We are sailing the Victory in May, our first cruise. What types of things are available on board to buy? I know about the pictures, but as far as souveniers and that kind of thing, what is there? Sorry for the newbie/rookie question, but I'm trying to figure out a budget for the cruise, at least a ballpark. I do plan to pick up a few pictures, but since hubby is a camera buff, I'd say we'll have a ton of pics on our own. Someone mentioned models... happen to have a pic?

Thanks.

We are sailing the Victory in May, our first cruise. What types of things are available on board to buy? I know about the pictures, but as far as souveniers and that kind of thing, what is there? Sorry for the newbie/rookie question, but I'm trying to figure out a budget for the cruise, at least a ballpark. I do plan to pick up a few pictures, but since hubby is a camera buff, I'd say we'll have a ton of pics on our own. Someone mentioned models... happen to have a pic?

Thanks.

The have jewelry, purses, t-shirts, some liquor, some Carnival-themed stuff, those fake pashmina things (they were $10 on our last cruise and it was so cold in the dining room that EVERYONE was buying them!), lots of loose gemstones which seem like a good deal when you buy them, but rarely are and the usual hotel-giftshop kind of merchandise.

We went on our first cruise last September and bought both the ship video and the port video. When we got home and finally watched them I was really disappointed. We had taken our 12 and 14 yr old daughters with us and I just assumed the ship video was going to include all sorts of aspects of the trip, including things such as bits and pieces from the shows, some footage of the Circle C activities (and other kids groups too), etc. Unfortunately it seems that the video focuses primarily on the "partying" aspect. The port video was better but still not worth the $$ to me. In the future I won't waste my money and would suggest other families think twice as well if they are looking for something like we were.

We bought the DVD from our first cruise and we were also disappointed, but then on our 3rd we decided what the heck, we'll go ahead and get another one. Turned out our 14 year old daughter was prominently featured in it! She was in so many of the different scenes. Our dinner table mates were also in it in a few different spots. We were so thankful we had bought it.

It sounds so stupid but on our first cruise, I didn't buy a funship Freddy stuffed toy. It's dumb I know, I am an adult. We went on several cruises and of course they were always on sale, and I didn't buy one. I would always think about it after I got home. Finally I bought a Funship Freddy stuff toy for $9.00 on the cruise ship and he sits on our bed reminding us of the next cruise coming up.......

Archived