Carnival liberty

turks4

Ok so does anyone have any views about the carnival liberty...I am a first time cruiser. It'll be me, my husband who also has never been on a cruise and our two children 4 and 8. Our oldest is actually having her birthday on the cruise. I want to know how the camp carnival is and anything about the cruise that will help. I am worried i might get motionsickness or the kids so any info on that will help me extremely......OR WRITE IF ANYONE IS GOING ON THIS SAME CRUISE....OCTOBER 16, 2010 CARNIVAL LIBERTY ...thank you:rolleyes:

I get sick pretty easily - have to take dramamine to ride across town - haha. The LIberty is a good size ship - felt very little movement at all. I went on the Inspiration last summer - and it was significantly smaller - and no problems there either. There are definitely some cabins that are easier on the stomach than others. We were on the Panorama deck on the Liberty - and still no issues. I ALWAYS take something, JUST IN CASE, but never have any issues.

My kids range from 9 to 16 - and none of them ever participate in the kid's activities. This year - my older two MAY, as we are traveling by ourselves - no other friends to hang out with. My 9 year old? No way - but we are going to give it a go. The activities listed always seem like such fun.

We are leaving on the Liberty next saturday. For now you should read all you can on this site. Reviews, first time cruiser section, departusre section, port reviews. You willl find most of your concerns answered and if not you will know what questions you then have. Good luck and have fun.

Ok so does anyone have any views about the carnival liberty...I am a first time cruiser. It'll be me, my husband who also has never been on a cruise and our two children 4 and 8. Our oldest is actually having her birthday on the cruise. I want to know how the camp carnival is and anything about the cruise that will help. I am worried i might get motionsickness or the kids so any info on that will help me extremely......OR WRITE IF ANYONE IS GOING ON THIS SAME CRUISE....OCTOBER 16, 2010 CARNIVAL LIBERTY ...thank you:rolleyes:

We are going too. My kids (see my signature) will be 5 and 3. So my kids will be with your youngest in Camp Carnival. When is your child's birthday, my son is going to be turning 3 on the 21st. (we will be in Grand Turk that day).

The reviews on this site are a great resource and I found a bunch of video's on youtube. I've heard that there is less motion the lower you are on the ship so that may be something to consider for room selection.

There is a roll call thread set up you can join to meet others on the cruise.

Can't wait for October to come, although not sure I really want to wish away the summer.

We are going on this cruise as well. We have 2 daughters, ages 9 & 10 that will be going with us. They weren't too interested in the kids club until I found some Camp Carnival activity guides and we read them together. There is such fun things for them to do. We usually leave it up to the girls as to whether they want to do the kids clubs or not and it just depends on the moment.

I really hope this is a family friendly ship with lots of family oriented activities!! We have been on Disney, NCL, RCCL and Carnival. This will be their first time on Carnival and I am sure they will enjoy it!! They are happy as long as they are on a ship. I have trained them well and early...hahahaha!!!

Im sorry I have no experience with Camp Carnival, so cant comment. I did travel on the Liberty last October. We were on the Riviera deck, lowest passenger deck and we had no problems with seasickness. We felt very little if any motion, and the ship is wonderful. The staff were great. We had a great cruise, and my Mom was with me, she has cruised on many different cruise lines, but this was her first Carnival cruise and she loved it. Have a great time!:)

Yes they are excited. DD5 watches Suite Life on Deck and thinks it is pretty cool. I am very happy with the Itinerary for this cruise b/c of the two stops for easy beach days and both St. Thomas and San Juan are easy to navigate on your own.

This is definitely a big switch for us. We have been die hard Disney vacationers for the last 4 years, but are very excited for something new.

I have read lots of really great reviews for the Liberty and have found lots of things through these boards

ie. examples of Camp Carnival Capers, sample menus and kids menus, pictures of different rooms, we are in a 6J category which is full floor to ceiling window.

We are going on this cruise as well. We have 2 daughters, ages 9 & 10 that will be going with us. They weren't too interested in the kids club until I found some Camp Carnival activity guides and we read them together. There is such fun things for them to do. We usually leave it up to the girls as to whether they want to do the kids clubs or not and it just depends on the moment.

I really hope this is a family friendly ship with lots of family oriented activities!! We have been on Disney, NCL, RCCL and Carnival. This will be their first time on Carnival and I am sure they will enjoy it!! They are happy as long as they are on a ship. I have trained them well and early...hahahaha!!!

If you are going on the Liberty on October 16th 2010, please come on over to the roll call thread and say hi..

I am trying to keep the active list up to date..

Look for this thread in the roll call section of CC under Carnival Liberty..

10.16.2010 : Eastern Caribbean on Liberty!

Hope to see you there

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Liberty is a beautiful ship, I loved her. I get seasick easily, cabin location matters a lot, but also just luck with how the seas are. Bring some remedies just in case. My son loved the kids program at Carnival, he participated in it 3 times, from school age kid to the one for older teens before he grew up. Or should I say before he got too old for it, lol.

Archived