Are all price drops honoured by rccl?

chrob

Two days after booking on the Allure of the Seas the price has dropped - but only by £14.00.

Will RCCL credit such a small amount and if so, if the price drops again will I be able ask for the further reduced price or can you only have one price change credited per booking?

In the UK a drop is considered a change. First change is free and then after that it is a 35 pound fee.

In the US, Tuesday Sales events are NOT honored and WOW type sales are NOT honored but every thing else pretty much is.

Hi

Did you book on line or by phone. I have had a UK issue today which they have sorted but took a while. I booked by phone 10 days ago- the cabin I wanted wasnt showing on line so I called- I was assured that the price would be the same- even through the website said it was 5% cheaper. I checked and it was the same price on line as I was quoted and so booked by phone.. I really wanted another room which showed as booked but they said they would waitlist me for it. Last night I saw the room I wanted as available (they hadnt let me know) . I put a hold on it and called today to adjust- only to be told that the phone price was now higher than the web price I had seen yesterday.

So from what I could work out the phone and web prices were the same

but now the phone is more expensive (rather than web being cheaper). Until they brought in the new booking system last week I couldnt book on line as I need 2 adjacent cabns- and they didnt come up on line (its great now - I can find them )

Anyway my cruise hasnt come down on line- its gone up by phone (odd). In order to change rooms I have to pay the new phone price as mine was a phone booking. They have given me some OBC (not as much as 5% but I really wanted that room)

Thanks for the replies. We are in the UK so think I'll wait and see if the price comes down any more before asking for the change.

When did this £35 rule come into force?

Should have said as well- RC say you only get UK drops if you book with them and not a travel agent. Travel agents are cheaper- RC offer 5% off on line but some of the TAs offer 10%.

I dont know if TAs can get price drops in the UK

Thanks for the replies. We are in the UK so think I'll wait and see if the price comes down any more before asking for the change.

When did this £35 rule come into force?

June 1st 2009 I think it was when the new fee for price drops etc came into being...thats why I dont book in UK anymore..heck the way I change cabins it would cost me an arm and a leg if I had booked in UK.

One change free per person...after that £35 per person fee :mad:

Some UK TAs will not now give price drops...because they dont have to any more..so always a good idea before booking with UK TA to get it in writing that they will honour price drop.

Should have said as well- RC say you only get UK drops if you book with them and not a travel agent. Travel agents are cheaper- RC offer 5% off on line but some of the TAs offer 10%.

I dont know if TAs can get price drops in the UK

I would be really interested to know if anyone has experience of this in the UK , particularly if you booked via a TA and got a price drop refund.

Many thanks,

Sam :)

They also said to me that some changes (ship I was asking about) are £75 to make the change.

I was upgrading to a higher category as well- still a change!

If you change to another ship then yes it is £75 per person to do that.

If you change to a higher category then no charge unless you are changing ships.

Example...you have Inside cabin on ship..costing £700 per person...you upgrade to balcony cabin at £900 per person...no fee for change.

Archived