Around the horn/Chilean Fjords

bcakes

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. I've sailed with NCL on my last 3 cruises. After reading a review on this board of the Around the Horn/Chilean Fjords itinerary, I'm considering doing that cruise. Unfortunately, it looks like NCL won't be offering it in the upcoming year.

For that reason, I'm looking at other lines-- specifically Princess and Royal Carribean. My husband and I are in our early 30s. We enjoy NCL because of the variety of ages on board, the flexible dining and vegetarian dinner options. Any thoughts on these other lines (or whether NCL might bring back this itinerary in the future) are appreciated.

Thanks.

Some more guesswork. The feeling on the boards seems to be that current or recent airfares have put this cruise beyond the reach of some NCL customers.

Although I have no experience with Princess or RCI, I can tell you that the demographic for my Around the Horn NCL cruise was substantially older than you are. I suppose that many people your age can not get the two or more weeks off which are needed for this cruise.

Hope you find something you like.

bcakes-

I loved my SA trip on NCL. We flew American non-stop from Dallas and there were lots of nice folks on our flight who were going on Celebrity (X) Infinity. We continued to see lots of X pax in port. We met folks in many of the ports. I do not think X went to the Falklands though and we did. I found it charming. Sometimes even NCL doesn't make it there due to weather. In Punta Arenas I did the NCL Antarctic Landing excursion... Expensive but so worth it! We splurged on a large aft suite and it really paid off on the viewing.

Can you tell that I LOVED this cruise???

BTW, NCL is my favorite cruiseline and X is second. If you decide to consider X, please indicate on this thread and I will elaborate.

DMH,

After reading your post and NJ's, I did some research on Celebrity and learned that they can accomodate my diet, which was one of my main concerns. I'm definitely open to Celebrity and woud love to hear your thoughts.

bcakes-

BTW, NCL is my favorite cruiseline and X is second. If you decide to consider X, please indicate on this thread and I will elaborate.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on X as well, since my partner and I totally love NCL's freestyle cruising as we don't really enjoy having to be scheduled for dinner, let alone with the same folks night after night. We are also not into formal nights. NCL is really perfect for us.

I'm very interested in the SA cruise, and since NCL isn't going to be running it at least for the foreseesable future,* I do want to think about other cruise lines. So please, your thoughts on X would be welcome, knowing what I love about NCL.

Thanks in advance!

[*an NCL cruise consultant on the Jade told me in February that when NCL leaves a route, they generally don't return to it for at least two years (if they return at all)]

Archived