New itineraries poll

Ma Bell

Which do you prefer?  

349 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• I like the new options from the West coast, Europe and the Far East.
    • I prefer leaving more ships in the Carribean so I can sail from Florida.

I think it great what X is trying to do. The only problem is they don't have enough ships at this time They are spreding themselves to thin and are going to put off some of their loyal customers. Besides if you are trying something new, you don't do it with one of your best ships.

For years the Zenith ran South America. When it was deemed feesable and popular enough, they moved Infinity to South America. I really think, they need to follow the same model. Move Zenith to Asia, see how it books. If successful then move Summit. As it stands now, Two of their best ships are out of reach for a large number of their guests. Not everyone can take two weeks off at clip.

Hi - You've made my day!!!! Do you have any more info/can you advise the link to Travel Weekly as I've never heard of it before.

We're planning to visit Australia Dec 2006 - and are now delighted to hear the news that Summit may be there, as it will be a lovely way to visit Australia without lengthy internal flights!

Thank You

Travel Weekly is a weekly newspaper for TA's and 5 years ago I used to do it part time and picked up an issue in the place I was working and have subscribed ever since. It gives me stories before they break here. This is important since I cruise 3 times yearly. I do agree that Celebrity is spread pretty thin considering they are getting rid of two ships in the near future and I have read nothing about new builts, but they are spending like drunk sailers in port on the RCCL side. Hope we hear some good news soon about new ships. Their profits are up as is Carnivals. They have added more berths since the merger to Princess than any of their other lines. RCCL can't say the same about Celebrity.

I am of two opinions here. One, I like cruising from San Juan in the winter, but I am a teacher, and as such MUST take a Christmas sailing in the winter. Last Christmas we sailed on the Constellation, but wre forced to pay 700 dollares for each passenger (11) to get there from NY. I also like a longer saling, but again due to my work schedual must fit in my vacation with the school calander. During the summer we are going on the Galaxy 11 med. because my time is more flexible. Sailing from Fl. is a cheaper way for me to get away during peak season. Unfortunately we had to choose a different line for next years holiday sailing...it departs from Fl. and is an 8 day sailing and brings me home New Years day! The biggest plus is that I was able to book the air at 155 per person.

Perki,

DH and I are with you. However after six cruises, this was our first Celebrity and our first out of FLL. We have flown to San Juan, Miami twice, Papette (the worst and longest flight from he$$) Honolulu and Houston. We love FLL, the water taxi, the restaurants and expecially embarkation. It was so fast and pleasureable. Maybe that was just Celebrity. Anyway, we returned home Tuesday and thought that we probably could not afford to go again for two years. But, after thinking where we could go without, we have booked a SS on Century for April 2006. It is a 10 day to Panama, Costa Rica etc. It is our kind of itinerary as we love sea days, and this has 5. We plan on spending two days before and two days after in FLL. So, maybe after that cruise we will have seen all of FLL we need to and will look for another city, but for now, we are happy to be going back there.

PJ (Patti)

Perki,

We love FLL too. I go there regularly even without cruising! We are going on the Carnival Liberty which has a similar feel. We have been on over 30 cruises and have loved all of them. We have been to the Panama canal twice and then to Costa Rica as well. We loved it! Especially the jungle! The 8 day cruise also has 4 at sea days...I love them! I hope I won't be sorry about Carnival.. We have only done one it was on an older ship and it was a disaster. It was YEARS ago and I hope that with a new MEGA ship, it iwll be better. I am not impressed with the food on any cruise line...I think that Celebrity is probably the best, but I care more about where I am going. We are active people and enjoy DOING things!

Hi - You've made my day!!!! Do you have any more info/can you advise the link to Travel Weekly as I've never heard of it before.

We're planning to visit Australia Dec 2006 - and are now delighted to hear the news that Summit may be there, as it will be a lovely way to visit Australia without lengthy internal flights!

Thank You

The link for Travel weekly is http://www.twcrossroads.com

• 2 months later...

1. If the poll is accurate, and

2. it is true that Celebrity has decided to yet again miss out on the exciting and lucrative Australasia/South East Asian market by not sending Summit there at the end of 2006, as shown by what the other premium and luxury lines are doing at high occupancy and high per diems,

3 I guess that they may have listened to those who shout the loundest rather than a majority.

For me, and I imagine others, it will mean that we look at lines like Seabourn and Silversea next year.

• 4 weeks later...
hey turtlemichael we miss you on the roll calls why don't you join us and say hi

Would love for Celebrity to do Australia right now Princess is the only one heard rumors the RCI might start in 2007 but this is the first I heard about Celebrity

summit sept 30

Briansteve
What Asian cruises? If you know of any by Celebrity I would be grateful if you would post them on the board. I have been waiting and waiting for these, but neither my TA nor phone calls to Celebrity have brought any information. In fact I cannot even find information on Constelation or Milleniums Transatlantic trip in Oct/November of 2006.

Yesterday called cruise line, staff said "IT IS TOO EARLY for the fall 2006 schedules"

What are Celebrity thinking about, other lines are already publishing and BOOKING up to April 2007 cruises I have even written to Dan Hanrahan asking when can I expect to book with Celebrity for Asia or Transatlantic Fall 2006- but no reply Guess he is out playing golf with his buddies from the scheduling department!!!!!!!!

I think if celebrity, or any cruise line, wants to keep its customers coming back again and again, it needs to vary the itineraries. I'm with the poster from NJ who said how many cruises to the Caribbean can you go on. maybe more cruises to canada at other times of the year, not just in the fall, and more out of NY and other northern cities. the cruises on the west coast sound great and we hope to do one someday, and also have done one Celebrity Mediterranean/translatlantic and going on 7/2/05 Constellation Baltic cruise. and would definitely consider Far East cruising on Celebrity.
I'm one person from the northeast who doesn't look for a warm/hot place in the winter, and as someone who plans vacations around business constraints and sometimes travels with people who have children, summer is the best time and would prefer not to go to hot climates.

I think if celebrity, or any cruise line, wants to keep its customers coming back again and again, it needs to vary the itineraries. I'm with the poster from NJ who said how many cruises to the Caribbean can you go on. maybe more cruises to canada at other times of the year, not just in the fall, and more out of NY and other northern cities. the cruises on the west coast sound great and we hope to do one someday, and also have done one Celebrity Mediterranean/translatlantic and going on 7/2/05 Constellation Baltic cruise. and would definitely consider Far East cruising on Celebrity.
I'm one person from the northeast who doesn't look for a warm/hot place in the winter, and as someone who plans vacations around business constraints and sometimes travels with people who have children, summer is the best time and would prefer not to go to hot climates.

Jimsgirl
I just booked a Dec 2006 Celebrity cruise. I went to the website and looked under "destinations" then under "ships" and found Zenith for winter 06. Then booked thru TA. Calendar goes to April 07 for 4 ships.

Archived