New itineraries poll

Ma Bell

Which do you prefer?  

349 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• I like the new options from the West coast, Europe and the Far East.
    • I prefer leaving more ships in the Carribean so I can sail from Florida.

Since there has been a lot of discusssion about Celebrity's new itineraries I just thought I'd ask the question.
Your 2nd option makes some assumptions that don't necessarily fit. Frankly, I'd prefer that X bring back the Ultimate Caribbean trips next winter that we've lost in the new shuffle, but NOT embarking in Florida ... for other reasons.

My personal preference is for nothing shorter than 10 nights period regardless of itinerary. As for the Caribbean.....I prefer cruises NOT embark in FL, but rather San Juan, Barbados or St. Thomas.

My personal preference is for nothing shorter than 10 nights period regardless of itinerary. As for the Caribbean.....I prefer cruises NOT embark in FL, but rather San Juan, Barbados or St. Thomas.
Sounds like my kind of cruise! -- Ocean Gypsy? It's what we've been trying to accomplish in some form every winter, and this recent change in scheduling by X has put the cabosh on it. Ditto on FL. I've sworn off winter FL departures for good after this year's FLL Summit departure. Would like to see Summit on 11/12nt runs again next winter -- say from from SJU -- but it ain't to be.

We're going to try the Galveston/Panama run as a 12nt replacement. If we don't find that amusing enough, we'll probably reverse our 2003 trans-Canal trip in Dec 2006 ... unless X has come to its senses by then!

I too prefer cruises of longer length and agree anything less than 10 days is much to short. My two favorite cruises have been 14 nt Panama Canal and 14 nt Southern Caribbean. Living on the East Coast the additional airfare does factor into what cruises I consider. I've taken cruises out of New York, Phila and Baltimore and this fall will depart from Cape Liberty. Also have sailed from San Diego and this spring will do an 11 nt Hawaii. That being said my preference is the Caribbean but I seem to be in the minority with Celebrity's new itineries.

I guess we all cruise for different reasons...

It seems a lot of folks from the frigid NorthEast just want to go somewhere relatively cheap and warm to escape all that snow and lousy weather...

Some folks in Florida and surrounds just kike the idea of cheap and close...

I'm from SoCal...We've got perfect weather 350 days a year...No snow, very little rain...I've got nothing to escape from...I can swim and get my tan at home...

And Florida isn't exactly cheap and easy for ME...and there's nothing in Florida that's any attraction to me to want to spend a pre- or post-cruise stay for...

I cruise for adventure, relaxation, education and experience...I prefer to cruise in Europe rather than the Caribbean any time...

That said, my wife really wants to see China, Japan, Australia, New Zealand and such...I like to cruise...So the new itineraries sound like a dream to me...I can toss the "exotic" and Asia brochures Princess keeps sending me and think about an Asian Celebrity sailing...

I wish they had more east coast cruises, since the accident, the Wifester can fly anymore, it’s so sad, but we’re hoping that someday, with all the advances in technology that her wings will be repaired and she can fly again!

I have to say this how many carribean cruises can you go on. I have been on at least 10 and I feel something new might be nice. I understand if you live in Florida it is so easy to hop on a ship but if I have to fly to Florida I might as well fly to California and get on a cruise there. a plane ride is a plane ride. If we could take a month we would love to cruise to Australia and the South Pacific.

I also like the idea of the longer (10+ nights) cruises leaving from anywhere other than Florida! I also like the one way trips! I love the idea of flying in somewhere, sailing away & ending up somewhere totally different! You see so much more!

about the new itineraries. I say, Way to Go Celebrity!

Ma Bell, we got our Hawaii booked today! Thanks, we SAVED lots of $$$$$.

Happy Mardi Gras

February 8, 2005

Tom & Brenda

Slidell, Louisiana

I'm so glad to hear everything worked out for you. She's good!:)

I would love to go to Australia and the far east, and on a Celebrity ship that would be great....hope they do it again in 07 as next year we are doing the South America cruise that DH is looking foward to. Like many of you I prefer the 10-14 day cruises, but that is not always possible with sceduling, etc. Would not turn down a 7 day

We like 14 day cruises. Once I've (notice I didn't say "we"!!!)packed all the formal clothes (see other controversial thread!!) I may as well get my effort's worth and stay 2 weeks instead of one!!! Also, we have to travel a great distance no matter where we cruise, so we like to take vacations of at least 14 days.

Having said that, I don't know how soon we will take cruises in Australia or the Far East. To be perfectly honest, it would depend on $$$ including air. We have our limits, unfortunately!!!

Some people complalined about so many ships in Europe this summer...but with the inflated Euro, it probably is an economical way to do that part of the world at this time.(at least that is what I tell myself....we are going on the British Isles and Fjords cruise this year).

Interesting topic....at least it is a new and different one!

P.S. I am not wearing my glasses, so I hope I didn't make too many mistakes!!

I feel two fold about the changes.I was one of the people that was booked on Century to do the 9 day Caribbean in June.Celebrity gave us an excellent deal so we are still booked and going to Amsterdam leaving June 2.

Next year I might not be so happy.If we decide to cruise to Caribbean we will have to go Princess or maybe even Carnival Valor.

For some reason we can never get a good deal on Royal.always seemed to be 400$ or even more then what Celebrity has cost us.

We're fairly new to Celebrity, and knew that we were smitten with this cruise line from the first time we sailed on one of her ships a year ago....

We're now booked with Celebrity again, to go to Alaska this June; however I was trying to find something exciting to get away from the cold English winter in Dec 2005, but everywhere I looked involving Celebrity either visited places/ports we'd been to before, or sailed from ports that involve a change in flights at least once, if not twice!!

Yes!!!, please bring us some new and exciting destinations, or we'll sadly be forced to look elsewhere .... we're now booked Dec 05 with NCL, but would LOVE to sail to Far east and Aus/NZ with Celebrity in 2006.

I am not a Celebrity or a cruise expert by any means, but I wish they would leave 1 ship year round going from Florida. I would love to go to Asia, Europe, etc, but the airfare is a tad beyond my means, as would extra "travel days" off from work. Maybe something leaving/arriving Saturdays.

I couldn't really pick and answer. I just want them to spread their ships out a little more. Do they really need 4 ships in Europe and 3 in Alaska all summer long? That leaves 2 other ships and they do Bermuda. Very limited choices for most people who can ONLY vacation during the Summer months.

Maybe they just need more ships then.

Anne Maria

We like 10 day or longer cruises. Our last cruise was 7 days out of Ft Lauderdale and it just seemed like it was way too short. Our next is Galaxy out of Galveston for the 12 day Panama Canal cruise and that's great. Would love to see more 10+ day cruises out of closer ports like Galveston or New Orleans. Problem I see is that Celebrity only has 10 ships and none being built.

This was a tough one for me...I have 2 weeks of vacation a year but DH only has 1 so we only get to do one cruise a year and it is a 7-day. We have done the Mex Riv 2x being that we live on the West Coast, and we will never do it again, it is never warm enough cruising down and then back up, the California coast to Mexico so it is too cold to be out at the pool (everyone that even tried to get up on deck was in sweatshirts and or light jackets) so we feel we loose 3 days on this itinerary cause our biggest reason we go on cruises is for sun and pool/beach. And just so you know both were in April and May so not winter at all! Also I don't think that area is anywhere near as beautiful as the Caribbean, but not many places are so that is somewhat of a non-issue. So we enjoy going out of FL in fact Ft Lauderdale is one of our favorite pre-cruise places ever. Our upcoming April 16th is out of San Juan so that will be a new one for us, but it is a long flight from Vegas (probably going continental connecting thru IAH Houston) so that will give us a new perspective. I say keep some in the Caribbean as we love to cruise end of April/beginning May (our anniversary is April 23rd so always sail to celebrate) and it is hard finding ships sometimes on different & exciting itineraries, one can do the West & East only so many times (tee hee) Just my 2cents.

I'm all for Celebrity going to new and exciting destinations like their Galapogos cruises and their announced new Asian destinations but I too don't think they need 4 ships in Europe couldn't they leave one in the Caribbean?

Also, I don't like the way they switched the Century from Caribbean to Europe after the schedule had been announced and bookings had been taken.

Perki...did you leave from SF or Lax? We are leaving next week from San diego, and i never even thought of taking a sweatshirt. Should I? I realized the first and last day would be a trifle cooler, but not cold! Any ideas would be appreciated.

Perki...did you leave from SF or Lax? We are leaving next week from San diego, and i never even thought of taking a sweatshirt. Should I? I realized the first and last day would be a trifle cooler, but not cold! Any ideas would be appreciated.

The last one we did, which was last year, was out of Long Beach (LAX area). Trust me you will want a sweatshirt, it is usually around 50's/60's with a steady strong wind so makes it quite chilly. Now of course this is all relative us being from Las Vegas and your being from Canada, however I can say that at least 80% of the persons I saw up on deck by the pool area or jogging were bundled up so just be forewarned. The other issue is CA has a pretty constant marine layer so it's hazy out. Now once you hit the tip of Baja CA at Cabo it warms right up no problems at all but....I'd bring something just in case or they do have shops onboard where they would be happy to sell you a souvenier sweathshirt or jacket, there were many people who did that too. It is just better to be prepared I always say - 1 sweatshirt would be fine for the day up and the day back, just wear the same one no problems and not too bulky for your suitcase.

Archived