Another first timer

aintnod

I must say that my wife is determined to get me on a cruise,I love her so here we go....

We are considering a mexico cruise out of san diego between 3-6 nts. We are both 40 with kids and need a break. we arent partiers, but have been known to go out for bahama mamas and appetizers together quite a bit. I am big on nice rooms, good food, and relaxation. Sooo many ships to choose from can anyone help us make a decision?????

Thanks to all.....

We started sailing Royal Caribbean when we were in our 40's. The ships are beautiful, the food is delicious, and we've found plenty of nice ways to relax on their ships. Looks like Radiance of the Seas sails out of San Diego. The Radiance class ships on RCCL are just lovely. I'm sure your wife would enjoy one of their cruises. I bet you will, too!

I must say that my wife is determined to get me on a cruise,I love her so here we go....

We are considering a mexico cruise out of san diego between 3-6 nts. We are both 40 with kids and need a break. we arent partiers, but have been known to go out for bahama mamas and appetizers together quite a bit. I am big on nice rooms, good food, and relaxation. Sooo many ships to choose from can anyone help us make a decision?????

Thanks to all.....

Well, unless you go for one of the high-cost suites, you'll be a bit disappointed in the room size. Ship cabins are very small..much smaller than the average hotel room, for example.

If you're not willing to spend the $$$ for a suite, then for sure get a balcony, as that will at least give you the illusion of more room.

The GOOD new...you won't likely spend that much time in your cabin. Most folks only use it for sleeping, and head out the door early in t he morning.

I've not taken the route you're proposing, so can't help there, though.

It's true---cabins on ships aren't NEAR as nice as a room in a fine hotel, unless you book a suite.....

And the food...while you won't go hungry, unless you're on a "high end" cruiseline, don't expect 4 star dining....

No luxury line cruises for less than 7 days or so....so you'll be on one of the "mass-market" lines, if you want a shorter cruise...book at least a mini-suite for the space.

Archived