Your ideal cruise

S.E.

If you could sail anywhere in the world and money wasn't an issue, where would you go and what would you do while there? What ship would take you there, and how many days would you sail her?

The longest one I can find right now is 162 nights, 96 days in port, that leaves from Ft. Lauderdale and ends up in England with Regent. Get on in December, get off in June. $88,000+ for a balcony stateroom. OMG, what an amazing adventure that would be!!!

A world cruise would be amazing I am sure. I found a 107 day Pacific Princess cruise departing from Ft Lauderdale Jan 19,2011.

Price? $28,495 for a balcony. Not bad! I would definitely take that!

I would also love a two week cruise in the South Pacific. :cool:

The south Pacific islands. I would love to travel to Fiji, Bora Bora, Tahiti, etc... but cannot find a ship that goes there in the summer. As a teacher, that is when I need to travel. I would probably make it for 10 days.

Some ocean bashing voyage, like around both Capes...for as long as they would have me. Ship would need to be QM2, need the stability for where I would take us.

Antarctica too, sounds awesome. But yeah, those looooooong Regent voyages would not suck.

residence of the seas...isnt that the name of that ship people actually live on? Ill take that cruise please!

being realistic...I want to take a Panama crossing cruise. They are all way to expensive for a balcony or suite and I wont take that cruise with a room without a balcony. That and ther cruise is about 2 weeks in length. Tough to get away from home for that long

I have been daydreaming more about this 140 day cruise around the world. I have so many questions that I wish I could ask someone who worked for Regent without them hanging up on me because they know that I am a redneck who can't afford it in my wildest dreams.

But, just some things I wondered... you know, if I were to win the lottery... if I were to take my son, do they even have children's programs on a voyage that long? I can't imagine that there would be too many children. I figure if I am rich enough to afford this cruise, then I can spring for a second suite and bring a nanny with us. Then I would home school him while we are out and he would experience the world and the history first hand. What an education!

Another thing I wondered would be if the suites have dvd players or maybe an "on demand" service on board. Because, 140 days at sea, there will be days when you just want to kick back in your suite and watch a movie (and not the same movie played in a loop either!) and I have heard that when a ship goes trans-atlantic, there are days when it loses satellite signal. I guess a more "civilized" person would say to give up tv for that long, but hey... don't forget that since I won the lottery to go on this voyage that I am "new money". :-p

It's fun to daydream. :)

Have been planning that 'round the world' cruise for a while now (in my head that is...) probably when I retire (and sell my house for a huge profit right? :D).....always have this dream of sailing into Sydney Harbor, right by that opera house - how cool would that be?

Otherwise on the 'short' list is a transatlantic, panama canal crossing and definitely a mediterranean and alaska cruise sometime soon - see I"m easy to please! :D

Archived