Will 2011 spring break cruises go down at all?

kalowa

We just got back from a cruise and got an awesome time and got a good price for it far in advance. So we wanted to go again and take my cousin with us too. We were hoping to get a cheaper price than what their showing now. Its about $800+ for a caribbean cruise (inside cabin) on Libery, Voyager and Explorer. That's a little more than we were expecting. Is this because it'll be in April close to Easter? Will these prices go down at all? We're kind of spoiled since we've gone on Voyager class ships and now don't want to do anything under that (we went on one that Royal doesnt even own anymore and were very disappointed because of how small it was). And we were hoping for maybe the Freedom class ships but these prices prob. wont go down much more will they? Thanks for the help!

My guess is that they won't given that you're looking at spring break which could in some cases be the week before Easter or the week after Easter. They know people will fill the cabins so they won't need to lower the prices. I have a friend who paid more than that on an inside cabin on Freedom (she's sailing her now) but she only booked about 2 months ago. The farther in advance you book, the better off. And..if you book now and the prices do go down, you get the lower price.:D

Book it now and keep watching. If the price you pay now is reasonable/affordable to you then that is the MOST you'll have to pay. I'm on a spring break cruise again this year. Originally booked a balcony at $1,250pp in May of 2009 and between the 3 drops it went down to $840 in late Jan 2010. That's a total of $410pp that I can spend elsewhere (covered my airfare actually). It has gone up since then to over $1,300.

I'm stuck with the week after Easter due to school and this has happened several other times too. So yes, they can go down.

I booked Serenade for 2011 Easter Week (Easter is late April next year) months ago, the first day it was available. Thought the prices were very good then. Several weeks ago we had a significant price drop. It does happen. Book now and keep checking. Your price wont go up, you have a year to save for it, and it certainly might drop.

David

We are booked on the Liberty for an 8 night cruise over our February school vacation. We originally booked it at $819 a person and it just dropped this week to $699 a person...saving me $600 for 5 of us.

I know this isn't "Spring" break, but it is still a school vacation week (most of the Northeast is on break) and the prices are always high then. So I would say to keep your eyes open. I'm thinking they will have a price drop.

Archived