Luggage tag "glitch"

THEWIFE

I am only weeks away from sailing and have still not received my luggage tags. Both my T/A and myself have called Celebrity endlessly and I have even gone as far as speaking with a supervisor. I am told there was a "glitch" on the computer regarding my reservation and that is why I haven't gotten my e-docs or my luggage tags yet, and, in addition, might not. I told her that this is my first Celebrity cruise and it's a heck of a way to start out. In addition, I think there just might be a "glitch" when I arrange my next cruise with another line. According to the supervisor, there is nothing they can do about it unless this "glitch" is fixed up.

Service is supposed to be terrific on Celebrity and that is why we chose it. It certainly is starting off on the wrong foot. In fact, each time I call, I seem to get different responses. Interesting that there was no "glitch" in the computer when I paid months before I had to!

Don't I need e-docs to get on board, or is the stuff I printed out on my computer (boarding passes) enough??

Shoreside customer service doesn't compare to what you get on ship. If you have gone online filled out your online docs and printed them off, that's all you need. You can get luggage tags from the port at the pier. Don't worry, go and have a great time

You can get luggage tags at the pier, fill them out, and stick them on your suitcase. Many of us do. Not a problem.

If you have done the on-line check-in, that's all you need (don't forget to sign it!)

Maybe your T.A. isn't familiar with Celebrity, but don't worry, you'll get on the ship with no problem. And if, as you say, you are weeks away from sailing, there's plenty of time to receive luggage tags by mail in any case.

Your docs are online, as mentioned. You won't get paper documents like in the old days. That's all you need.

We had a delay in our luggage tags and our TA called twice. We were ready to just them onboard, and we ended up getting two sets a week and a half before cruising. Don't worry. Nothing you mentioned is a catastrophe.;)

I am only weeks away from sailing and have still not received my luggage tags. Both my T/A and myself have called Celebrity endlessly and I have even gone as far as speaking with a supervisor. I am told there was a "glitch" on the computer regarding my reservation and that is why I haven't gotten my e-docs or my luggage tags yet, and, in addition, might not. I told her that this is my first Celebrity cruise and it's a heck of a way to start out. In addition, I think there just might be a "glitch" when I arrange my next cruise with another line. According to the supervisor, there is nothing they can do about it unless this "glitch" is fixed up.

Service is supposed to be terrific on Celebrity and that is why we chose it. It certainly is starting off on the wrong foot. In fact, each time I call, I seem to get different responses. Interesting that there was no "glitch" in the computer when I paid months before I had to!

Don't I need e-docs to get on board, or is the stuff I printed out on my computer (boarding passes) enough??

Please don't judge your future cruise experience from the land side staff!!! Any experience with them is usually very good or very bad and seldom in between and that applies to RCCL also. They share a lot of their systems, all centers and processes. Enjoy your cruise!

We had no luggage tags for our February cruise on Solstice. It only took a minute at the pier to fill out the information and was nothing to worry about at all.

The express boarding pass is really all you need. They tell you to bring your e-docs, but you don't really need them unless something happens (for reference as this is the contract). I took mine along - something like 18 pages I printed at home - but they were never needed.

You will soon see that the things you are worried about are really nothing. If you have your express boarding pass, you are really all set. I don't know what "glitch" they are talking about if you have your boarding pass???:confused:

Relax and enjoy preparing for your upcoming cruise. Wish I was going too!:p

Doris

Your TA should be able to set you up properly with the eDoce - they are on line...that's why they are called 'electronic' documents. If you have problems doing it yourself, have your TA print them out and get them to you. That's their job.

My personal recommendation is to not call anymore and just get ready for the cruise and enjoy. Your TA should take care of the eDocs and you'll either get tags in the mail soon, and if not, they have a ton of them at the terminal...and you'll see the majority of people using them.

Have a grand time!

Edit: just looked at your 'history'. you started a thread on tags a few weeks ago that is now 49 posts long telling you the same thing. You have your Xpress documents already printed an in hand. Along with your passport, that's all you need. Please don't get yourself so worked up over these tags. They are at the pier!

Denny

:) Thanks for your suggestion! I've used the adhesive addresses on my regular luggage tags, but it's a great idea to put them on the tags at the dock, also. I've got quite a bit of luggage and this will speed things up!

Your docs are online, as mentioned. You won't get paper documents like in the old days. That's all you need.

We had a delay in our luggage tags and our TA called twice. We were ready to just them onboard, and we ended up getting two sets a week and a half before cruising. Don't worry. Nothing you mentioned is a catastrophe.;)

You have filled out all your personal info online. ie passport, date of birth, address, contacts etc. All you need to bring along in actuality is the express pass pages. They are bar coded, I'm thinking. One for each person. That's the form that needs to be signed and turned in at check in. It's your ticket!!! I sign it at the counter as well as provide credit card info that I'll be using then, not at home. Just for security reasons.

If you have prepaid for any excursions, specialty dinners, wine, etc. bring along that confirmation info ...just in case.

If you want to study up on excursions ahead of time you can print all that out to take along too. Otherwise you'll get all that onboard.

Like said previously, the e-docs on line include many pages of pretty useless info....dress codes, liquor policies etc. But scan thru it all and you might find things you DO want to read on the plane. Oh, the contact info for your ship will be in that info. That's impt to leave at home for relatives.

We always carry a complete copy of our travel insurance too, if that is relevant for you.

The eDocs are basically a printing of the Cruise Contract & some other information. You really don't need it for anything as long as you are clear on what it says. A copy is available online. What you need to get on the ship is your XPress Pass that you printed, your passport & your credit card that you registered on your XPress Pass. You don't need the eDocs & as was said before, you can get luggage tags on the pier. You are set with what you got!

Don't sweat the tags or the documents. When i sailed on the Solstice in Mid March, I booked my cruise only 3 weeks before hand. I printed all my docs up from the Celebrity website and got baggage tags at the port from porters.

Just like everyone is telling you: onland service by no means reflects the quality of attention you'll get on the ship. Focus on anticipating the cruise instead of being anxious about stuff that doesn't matter :)

:)I understand why you now feel the way you do about Celebrity, but please wait till you see the service you will receive on your ship, to our mind it is the best of any cruise line in this price range. It's to bad the service from the head office is not half as good as it is on their ships.

The other posts are right all you will need at the pier is your Xpress Document and your ID. As said in other posts there will be tags at the pier for your bags. So just kick back and have a great cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived