Beer on NCL Spirit

scottamemnon

Just on last week. They did have some Newcastle Brown Ale. Otherwise it was pretty much standard stuff, no microbrews or even IPAs. I settled on Bass Pale Ale mostly and also Dos Equis with lime to kinda get the Mexico feel to things. I wish they would expand their beer selections.

Just on last week. They did have some Newcastle Brown Ale. Otherwise it was pretty much standard stuff, no microbrews or even IPAs. I settled on Bass Pale Ale mostly and also Dos Equis with lime to kinda get the Mexico feel to things. I wish they would expand their beer selections.

I take it was standard Dos Equis? Dos Equis Amber is a pretty tasty beer for an inexpensive one... I could live with that for some time if necessary.

Well, prepare to be disappointed. There was nothing great in February.

Henry's Pub had Bass on tap. The rest was usual swill--Heinie,maybe Stella and something a lot worse, but I don't remember it.

There are two Dos XX. Amber and Lager. They ran a sale on buckets for most of the trip---7 for 5.

Newcastle, Boddington's, Guinness Draught cans, Guinness Foreign Extra ( which ain't available stateside), Urquell,Franziskaner,some other forgettable stuff. No IPA. No dopplebock. No bock. No porter. The one stout.

In Belize, get the Belikan.

In Guatemala, you really need to drink a Gallo. That way, you can say you've some really awful beer.:)

Yay, Heineken for my dad? He will be pleased.

My hubby wants a micro brewery on board since he discovered some German ship offers it.

(Also sailing on the Spirit on 4/11/10 - see ya on board!)

Not to interrupt Scott's original post, but are you (exPATTI_tude) signed up for our meet and greet?

Between Guinness, Franziskanner and Dos Equis Amber looks like I will find enough mid market beers that are drinkable.

And I will take up that challenge on Gallo!

Actually, I liked the Gallo. Had several and even bought a Gallo hat. I liked the Belican less.

Between Guinness, Franziskanner and Dos Equis Amber looks like I will find enough mid market beers that are drinkable.

And I will take up that challenge on Gallo!

Make no mistake, I had several bottles of Gallo. I'd for sure have it before that wheat Faniskanner.:eek:

Not to interrupt Scott's original post, but are you (exPATTI_tude) signed up for our meet and greet?

We sure are! You probably have us filed with DH. We are the tri-generational, tri-national cruisers who by now are tri-excited! Is the roll call up to 7,000 posts yet? I should drop by and help.

Just give me the number 1 beer served and made in the USA, Bud Light.:D

You will be able to get it in 16 ounce bottles at $4.95, or buy 5 and get a sixth free in an iced helmet that you can take anywhere. That's like 8 twelve ounce bottles at about $3.50 each including 15% tip.

You will be able to get it in 16 ounce bottles at $4.95, or buy 5 and get a sixth free in an iced helmet that you can take anywhere. That's like 8 twelve ounce bottles at about $3.50 each including 15% tip.

Shhh...

The wives don't need to know those bottles have 33% more than normal!

Are those aluminum Bud long necks only sold on a cruise ship. I have never seen them in my home town. Thanks Roger for the helmet info.:D

I've seen them in my local beer store. They haven't really caught on as a gimmick for increasing sales.

Watch for the new turbo-pour bottle from Miller Lite! WooHoo1 "cause before, it poured too slow!!

I've seen them in my local beer store. They haven't really caught on as a gimmick for increasing sales.

Watch for the new turbo-pour bottle from Miller Lite! WooHoo1 "cause before, it poured too slow!!

It did, too slow down the drain :p

Archived