Do you have a spot just for ..

G&TQ

I was just thinking this last night while I finished my packing that it would be great to keep everything I have that is cruise gear in one place. I travel on business and keep a tolitries bag in my carry on. I even have an extra hair dryer in there. I add cloths makeup bag and meds and I am out the door. After our last cruise 2 years ago I but the water wallet and water shoes in the bottom of a drawer and threw our swim suites and my wraps on top. But everything else went to its normal spot. Do you have a special spot for your cruise gear? How much of your cruise gear is in one spot?

I have an over the door shoe holder that I use for all vacations. When we are home it hangs behind our bedroom door to be replenished as necessary. When we go on any vacation it folds up fully loaded and fits nicely in my rolling backpack. Items are mostly travel size and include:

OTC medications (ie tylenol, rolaids, dramamine, cold medicine, claritin)

Baid Aids/Neosporin

Grooming supplies (ie brush, pony tail holders, hair clips)

Face Cleansers

Make Up, QTips

Nail Polish/Remover Pads

Tooth paste, tooth brushes, mouth wash, dental floss

Razors, Shaving Cream

Nail Clippers/tweezers

Deodarant, Perfume

Contact Solution/Contact Case/Spare Lenses/Spare Glasses

Playing Cards

Jewelry

Suntan Lotion/Bug Spray/Lysol/Hand Sanitizer

It packs/unpacks in seconds and is always ready to go.

Wow...do ya'll cruise that much that you wouldn't even unpack some items? I have a feeling that if I did that type of thing- by the time I would go to use it again some stuff would be out of date (hey look- it's sunscreen that expired 5 years ago...should still be good, right?) LOL!!

I keep a bag with beach/pool things in them- sunscreen, goggles, toys, water shoes, towels, etc since we go every weekend...I wish I could go cruising that often ((sigh))...

Wow...do ya'll cruise that much that you wouldn't even unpack some items? I have a feeling that if I did that type of thing- by the time I would go to use it again some stuff would be out of date (hey look- it's sunscreen that expired 5 years ago...should still be good, right?) LOL!!

I keep a bag with beach/pool things in them- sunscreen, goggles, toys, water shoes, towels, etc since we go every weekend...I wish I could go cruising that often ((sigh))...

That's what is nice with our over-the-door shoe holder. We use it for all of our vacations/short week-end trips and when not on vacation it hangs on the back of our bedroom door so if we are going to the beach we can just grab the suntan lotion out of it and put it back when we return. Easy to restock and easy to use at home or on vacation. Most of the other stuff is travel size and we usually need to replenish after a trip and since I rarely wear make up, jewelry, or my glasses except on vacation (and once in a while at home), its a great place to keep that type of stuff so its not cluttering my counter space in my master bathroom or bedroom.

I was just thinking this last night while I finished my packing that it would be great to keep everything I have that is cruise gear in one place. I travel on business and keep a tolitries bag in my carry on. I even have an extra hair dryer in there. I add cloths makeup bag and meds and I am out the door. After our last cruise 2 years ago I but the water wallet and water shoes in the bottom of a drawer and threw our swim suites and my wraps on top. But everything else went to its normal spot. Do you have a special spot for your cruise gear? How much of your cruise gear is in one spot?

I actually just posted this on another thread. All of our stuff stays in the suitcases. We will wash laundry when we get home, but most of it stays in the suitcase year-round. If we go for a long spurt between vacations (this last year has been a drag) then we will probablt wash again, but everything is in the bags. Our carryon stays loaded with passports, airline headphones, etc as well.

I have a Food Saver device and I seal those items inside. :)

i come home , wash the cruise gear and put it back in the suit case.. i have clothes i only wear on cruises.. the only thing i pack the day before is flip flops one pair of dress shoes and toiletries.. i like to be able to not have to search for stuff. ofcourse i always hope it still fits me , but its mostly sundresses or cover ups so its usually never a problem.

I don't have any special "cruise gear"! What I take on a cruise, I'd take on any vacation to a warm weather spot (I don't cruise in or to cold weather!!!)

Well, when we do a warm weather destination, I go to the cruise tote to get what I need. It is mostly snorkle gear, water camera, gear bag, sun block, our carnival cups with lids, suit case scale,,,,,, stuff like that.

Have a bunch of vacation only things in a tote. Started doing this when DS was in gymastics and we traveled a lot. Was tired of forgetting stuff (like the time I forgot combs and brushes for a cruise--lol) so started collecting extra or mini toiletries, hair brushes, combs, make up, etc. That way I don't have to spend time gathering what I need for vacation, it's all in one place. Just throw in the clothes.

Starting with our first camping trip of the year (this weekend for 2010 :D), most of our outdoor type gear (snorkel, beach stuff) stays in the camper. Toiletries we generally do not bring back (we use trial size stuff).

Clothes and stuff like that we use year round.

I don't have a special place for cruise stuff. But about a month before our cruise I will start to "put aside" things in my closet I know I want to bring. Usually it happens when I am getting ready for work in the morning...I will stand in my closet looking for something to wear to work, and I'll see that cute summer dress and I'll say, "oh! that is going on the cruise" and move it out of the regular rotation. By the time its really time to pack, everything I am bringing is all in once place.

Archived