Rum Runners in your luggage during flight

Not sure if this was already ask, but we are flying from Dallas to San Juan.

My husband drinks Jack, which they don't have much of in SJ, only small bottles, and much more expensive.

So I have Rumrunners, and was going to take when we fly from Dallas, but will it set off some kind of alarm that we have liquid in our luggage.

Should I pack the org bottle and change into the Rumrunner when we get to SJ?

Not too worried about the weight thing, our bags get to fly free, Yippee!

Not sure if this was already ask, but we are flying from Dallas to San Juan.

My husband drinks Jack, which they don't have much of in SJ, only small bottles, and much more expensive.

So I have Rumrunners, and was going to take when we fly from Dallas, but will it set off some kind of alarm that we have liquid in our luggage.

Should I pack the org bottle and change into the Rumrunner when we get to SJ?

Not too worried about the weight thing, our bags get to fly free, Yippee!

It may be against the policy of your airline, but they're not likely to check. Other than that, the TSA allows up to five liters of 140 proof or under in checked baggage.

Should not be a problem, better with the rum runners then in the bottle. The bottle adds weight and could break. Don't let anyone try to change your mind and say your breaking the rules. If your caught so be it, and chalk it up as no biggie. You will still enjoy your cruise.

We took 3 big rum runners in our checked luggage from Houston to Barcelona. No problem. Doing the same in october from Houston to San Juan. Have also used them to SF, New Jersey, Mexico and anywhere we travel. Love them!!!

I flew Southwest home from Ft Lauderdale with a liter of Amaretto in my baggage and suitcase was opened and searched with a TSA notice placed inside. Bottle was still there but no longer wrapped protectively and was fortunate it didn't break.

I flew Southwest home from Ft Lauderdale with a liter of Amaretto in my baggage and suitcase was opened and searched with a TSA notice placed inside. Bottle was still there but no longer wrapped protectively and was fortunate it didn't break.

Same thing happened to us on our flight home this past Monday. I dont care if they go through my luggage...if they want to rummage through dirty clothes..go for it. I kind of upset that they unwrapped my carefully wrapped and bagged bottle of Kahlua and just set it on top of the clothes without even putting in in the plastic bag. Luckily it arrived safely.

No problem with them in your airline luggage. Remember to try to get out most of the air, and to not fill them completely. This is to allow for expansion. Rumrunner says 85%, I find 50% to 75% better and at this fill % they hide better from ship's security scanning too.

quote]

No. The airlines don't care if you have liquid in your checked luggage. If an alarm went off for every bag with liquid, it would go off for almost every single bag because I'll bet every one has liquid in it of some kind....shampoo, mouthwash, facial toners, astringents, eye make up remover, hairspray, sunscreen, perfume......

What you do have is an unusual container of an unknown liquid. So if they do flag it they are more likely to unwrap it and determine what is in it and just place it back in your bag potentially outside of your ziploc etc...

They are cracking down on the TSA agents after a couple of incidents in December so they are more likely to search when this 'unknown' container of fluid is found.

I would suggest packing the bottle and placing that in a ziploc in the event it breaks. Then transfer it when you get to your hotel.

Archived