Terminal 3-Tampa Florida

jackdiamond

I am concerned whether there is a check point where they attempt to confiscate your defensive weapon when your enter the port. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. By the way, we are properly licensed.

HUH:confused:

What are you talking about???

Why do you need a handgun when you're going on a cruise?

Licensed or not, you are not allowed to carry a handgun onto the ship.

I'm still puzzled by your post....:confused::confused::confused:

You made an incorrect assumption. I never indicated that I would carry a handgun onto the ship. Furthermore, I would never even conceive of performing such an endeavor. Obviously, you did not read the other post on this subject.

You made an incorrect assumption. I never indicated that I would carry a handgun onto the ship. Furthermore, I would never even conceive of performing such an endeavor. Obviously, you did not read the other post on this subject.

Okay Sir, allow me to explain few things....

1. I don't follow your posts so I did not see any other that were started by you. I just replied to what you posted here. Sorry to disappoint. :rolleyes:

2. I have to carry a gun for protection when I'm on a job. I work in countries like Afghanistan, Iraq, and many more....

yet when I get home, here in beautiful Sarasota and we visit Tampa for quick weekend getaways, the last thing I'm thinking about is a gun. What is the purpose of carrying one around this area? I have lived here for ~15 years, and in Chicago for 25 years before that. My georgeous woman has lived here for many more years. We go out, we dress up, we have nice jewelry, we spend money, etc. etc. and not once have we encountered any possible situation where we needed a gun.

3. I hate guns because I have seen what they can do.

4. When stationed in some dangerous areas, the need to carry one is there, but come on, Florida, driving to a cruise port?

Leave your gun at home Sir....

that's all I'm saying

I would take a look at your contract with the cruise line to see if you can carry it. My guess is they do not permit guns. Are you also properly licensed in each of the countires your ship pass through?

Folks, I believe that some of you need to get a life. Firstly, I never stated that I intended to carry a handgun onboard; and, I do not intend to do so.

Insofar as the individual who would attempt to deprive me and my family of our rights under the second amendment to our Constitution I would strongly suggest that you mind your own business.

Insofar as the individual who would attempt to deprive me and my family of our rights under the second amendment to our Constitution I would strongly suggest that you mind your own business.

I never said that you should give up your gun, or that I want to take away your rights protected by our constitution.

All I'm asking, WHY?

You're going on a cruise from Tampa. What do you think will happen between whetever you live and Tampa Channelside area?

But you go ahead, carry your gun around, and just hope that the day you need to pull it and use it never comes. Btw, the day you do pull it, you better be ready toi use it and make sure there is a very good reason for it...:rolleyes:

On that note, Elvis has left the building :D

Off topic: message to Andrzej - I noticed that you emigrated on Stefan Batory. I emigrated to Canada on the same ship but in 1966 to Canada. It was the first time in my life that I saw a banana and had my first Coke. The crew treated us kids like royalty. I guess they missed their own kids. I fell in love with ships but it took me another 30 years before I got to "cruise" again but haven't stopped since.

I never said that you should give up your gun, or that I want to take away your rights protected by our constitution.

All I'm asking, WHY?

You're going on a cruise from Tampa. What do you think will happen between whetever you live and Tampa Channelside area?

But you go ahead, carry your gun around, and just hope that the day you need to pull it and use it never comes. Btw, the day you do pull it, you better be ready toi use it and make sure there is a very good reason for it...:rolleyes:

On that note, Elvis has left the building :D

Although, it is none of your business, I did use it and it saved my life. Ergo, I believe that I speak from experience.

I am concerned whether there is a check point where they attempt to confiscate your defensive weapon when your enter the port. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. By the way, we are properly licensed.

This is truly one of the strangest questions I have ever seen on this board, and were it not from a long-time poster I would think it was something from a teenage troll trying to stir up trouble. I'm a former infantryman ('71-'73) so firearms don't really trouble me in the hands of sane people, but here's my short answer: properly licensed or not, unless you're a cop you're not getting on the ship with a firearm; you can, however, go to Starbucks.

This is truly one of the strangest questions I have ever seen on this board, and were it not from a long-time poster I would think it was something from a teenage troll trying to stir up trouble. I'm a former infantryman ('71-'73) so firearms don't really trouble me in the hands of sane people, but here's my short answer: properly licensed or not, unless you're a cop you're not getting on the ship with a firearm; you can, however, go to Starbucks.

Sadly, you have also not read these posts. I never indicated that I intended to board the ship with a firearm. In fact, I clearly stated that I did not intend to do so. You should be more cautious with your observations when they are clearly wrong.

JackDiamond,

I am a gun buff and routinely carry. That said, I'm very confused by your original post. You stated you were concerned about a checkpoint that would confiscate your weapon.

There is no checkpoint in the Channelside port until you get to boarding. At that point, I don't think even executive order HR 218 will help you. They will not allow a weapon on board. The cruise ships are not US Flag ships and they go to foreign ports.

If you are dropping off someone at the port and want to see them off, I believe that you will be OK until the passengers get their picture taken and go through security to board.

I don't remember a security checkpoint before that, but I may be wrong.

Sadly, you have also not read these posts. I never indicated that I intended to board the ship with a firearm. In fact, I clearly stated that I did not intend to do so. You should be more cautious with your observations when they are clearly wrong.

I assume you are intending to leave the weapon in your vehicle while you're on the cruise, and just want to know if there is a checkpoint that you must go through to drop off your luggage/park your car. Is that basically what you're asking?

If so, he answer is no. You'll drive through the luggage drop area outside the terminal; drop your luggage with the porter; get back in your car, go park in the garage. They'll screen your checked bags, then when you return to the terminal you & your carryon bags will go through a checkpoint with scanners & such, as they have at an airport.

So if you're looking to be able to have your weapon with you for your drive here, then never take it out of the vehicle, you should be fine.

Jack Diamond

I am a gun buff and routinely carry. That said, I'm very confused by your original post. You stated you were concerned about a checkpoint that would confiscate your weapon.

There is no checkpoint in the Channelside port until you get to boarding. At that point, I don't think even executive order HR 218 will help you. They will not allow a weapon on board. The cruise ships are not US Flag ships and they go to foreign ports.

If you are dropping off someone at the port and want to see them off, I believe that you will be OK until the passengers get their picture taken and go through security to board.

I don't remember a security checkpoint before that, but I may be wrong.

content

Thank you. I never intended to convey the impression that I would attempt to carry on the ship, which should have been apparent to the gun control people who excoriated me without fully reading the contents of this post and the other one located hereon. My only concern was whether the weapon could be left in my vehicle during the cruise.

The Tampa area isn't the greatest. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my weapon in a car for a extended period of time.

See if the local PD will safeguard it for you or contact the NRZ and see if there is a gun club close by that can safeguard it.

Remember people kill people, guns don't kill people. However, stolen guns in a bad person's hand will kill.

Safety first, always.

No `gun buff` using common sense would leave a weapon unattended in a vehicle where it could be stolen and used to harm someone. Being an attorney, the words contributory negligence may come to mind.

Rich

No `gun buff` using common sense would leave a weapon unattended in a vehicle where it could be stolen and used to harm someone. Being an attorney, the words contributory negligence may come to mind.

Rich

I see you are from Chicago; hence, your unsolicited "opinion" will be properly disregarded. By the way, my post did not request rhetoric.

Rich

Firstly, this is not a legal opinion. Secondly, for your protection and edification you may wish to consult a Fl attorney for his or her advice as follows:

1. A proper explanation of the defense of contributory negligence in personal injury and wrongful death cases;

2. Whether your unsolicited opinion constitutes the practice of law in Florida; and,

3. If the answer to No. 2., is in the affirmative, would you be subject to prosecution under the Fl. criminal statutes for the practice of law without a valid license.

Of course, if you possess a valid Florida license then 2., and 3., may only be of academic interest, although I am not certain of the aforesaid.

Archived