Vigo car rental

ctrwomyn

Hello,

I am planning on renting a car in Vigo to drive to Santiago. There are a couple different options listed to pick up the car, and one is listed as down town Vigo, can anyone tell me if this is close to the port?

Also, any advice to where I can find addresses of the ports the boat will be docking in to plan out map routes?

Thanks bunches for your help,

ctrwomyn

We will be in Vigo on a Celebrity cruise in August, but we are planning to take the train to Santiago rather than rent a car.

I have maps of Vigo, but would need an exact address, or street to tell whether it is close to the port. The Vigo port area is near to "Canovas del Castillo." I believe there is a website for the Port of Vigo which you should find with a Google search.

You should also consider visiting the Tripadvisor Vigo forum for help with your rental car questions.

Hello,

I am planning on renting a car in Vigo to drive to Santiago. There are a couple different options listed to pick up the car, and one is listed as down town Vigo, can anyone tell me if this is close to the port?

Also, any advice to where I can find addresses of the ports the boat will be docking in to plan out map routes?

Thanks bunches for your help,

ctrwomyn

It is hard to say without knowing the exact address of the rental agency. Generally speaking "downtown" is in the walking distance from the port. You can use this link http://www.vitrasa.es/php/index.php?...cion-detallada to download the map (Mapa Metropolitano 09). Port is "Porto De Transatlanticos".

I wouldn't bother with car. Trains are often (see renfe.es for schedules) and cheap (8.80 euro o/w). Trip is 1.5 hrs. Train station is not that far and and there are lots of cabs near the port.

We are also trying to get a car hire - many seem to be pickup at the airport which is 5km out of town.

The train timetable does not seem to fit too well - 0855 is too early to be sure you will make it then the next one isn't till 1040 which means a past noon arrival in SdC which is too late. Car seems to be the only option.

Does anyone know if any car companies will deliver to the dock? Someone must have hired a car here before......

We do a lot of trip planning on the internet and one of our favorite tools is Google Earth. Once you get the hang of this wonderful program you can do things such as find the exact physical location of an address, measure distances such as from a hotel to the port, etc.

Hank

Archived