If it's red it's locked !!!

On a recent cruise stop in Croatia I made the unfortunate decision to use a public restroom- one of the types that just has a big hole in the ground that you have to stand over. I hung my backpack on the hook on the back of the door. While I was in there (for maybe 2 minutes???) a large tour group must have lined up- some lady kept yelling in ???Japanese and jiggled the obviously locked door handle so hard my backpack fell on the floor by the toilet hole and I don't even want to think about what it landed in. GROSS! If the door is locked someone is in there, people!

I've been in restrooms where an automatic seat cover encircles the seat after each flush....now that is nice!

Worst restroom was at work...men would take the newspapers..read them in the "library"...lay them on the floor next to the toilet..and then finally someone would pick them up and lay them on the receptionist table......ewwww.:eek:

I have never seen an automatic seat cover!

Praise GOD someone I agree with. I am a nurse and trust me you can't get anything from sitting on your backside. You get something from not washing yours hand after you use the bathrrom. GEEEEZZZZZZ. ( stepping off soapp box now).

Amen! I have said this a million times. If everyone would just put their bottom on the seat, then the seat wouldn't be wet and no one would need to hover. I'm not afraid of the backs of other people's legs touching the same seat as mine. It's not as though I'll be serving dinner on the backs of my thighs later. Sheesh!

The first time I saw them (the toliet covers), I couldn't believe it. There is normally a sign that says push for new cover. The pushing might bother the germaphopics. You push the cover it spins around and a whole new seat cover.

Here in California it is a state law that all public bathrooms must have those paper seat covers. I think it is a good law and hate when I go to states that don't require it.

In factI don't get why they don't require it. It is the first thing I always notice when I'm at an airport in another state and use the restroom and go to get the seat cover and there isn't one :(

Like a previous poster, I don't care for the paper seat covers. All they do is absorb the urine from the toilet seat and then you are sitting on a wet mushy seat cover, STILL getting pee on your backside. If everyone would just sit, we wouldn't need the blasted seat covers.

On the same topic but different area. Does anyone know how often the comforters are cleaned? I will NOT do anything with that comfy, it comes off the bed as soon as I walk in the cabin. I've never asked the room steward, has anyone?

And why is it so hard to LOCK that door! Do you know how many times I have seen more than I have wanted to because the little dial is NOT red!:eek:

Been there done that. It has never happened on an RCI ship, but I have had doors that wouldn't lock, and I get interrupted multiple times

To all of you who use your foot to flush, think about the next person who uses their hand and then uses that same hand to open the stall. All the yuck that was on your foot is now on the door handle :eek:.

Sound good in theory and may make you feel better but in the long run . . . . (who knows you may be opening that door after someone who just did this!)

and while I'm at it, what about those that come out of the stall, take the paper towels (using their hands to pull the lever), then wash???

Do what you need to in the restroom, THEN wash your hands to get rid of it all. Use the towel to open the door and toss on the outside. If everyone did this we would all be better off!

Whew, thank to the OP for starting this thread and letting me get that off my chest :D.

We actually go through hand washing inservice once a year at my work. The video shows us to wash before using the restroom. Then, exit the stall, wash your hands, leaving the water on and press the towel dispenser, then turn off the faucet using the towel, use the towel to open the door.

It's kind of funny, little germs that remind me of scrubbing bubbles are shown dancing and growing from everything a person touches after sneezing or coughing. We all hum along to the video, we've seen it so many times.

I try my best not to live my life in fear of germs. You can clean your cabin with disinfectant wipes or sprays till the cows come home, but the moment you leave that environment, you're subject to all the germs in society.

I am also disgusted by the laziness of some people. I try not to use the public rooms, but when it is necessary I use the toilet covers. Just use the paper towels to open all the doors!! My husband says it is unreal the men who don't wash their hands!! gross........:eek:

Archived