first cruise - Century in either Nov or Dec

jwright98

Hi. I am looking at booking the Century to Western Carib. either second week of Nov or first week of Dec (cheapest options during Nov/Dec). Is there much of a difference in weather? What is the caribbean like in either Nov or Dec? Does the weather typically get crummy in Dec out of Florida? Dec is our first choice, but Nov would work as well. Our anniversary is Nov 25 and there is a cruise during that week, but geez, the price is about $200 higher each person since it is a holiday week.

Hi. I am looking at booking the Century to Western Carib. either second week of Nov or first week of Dec (cheapest options during Nov/Dec). Is there much of a difference in weather? What is the caribbean like in either Nov or Dec? Does the weather typically get crummy in Dec out of Florida? Dec is our first choice, but Nov would work as well. Our anniversary is Nov 25 and there is a cruise during that week, but geez, the price is about $200 higher each person since it is a holiday week.

In Miami the avearge temps are as follows:

November: High of 81 F and low of 68 F.

December: High of 78 and low of 62.

In Cozumel:

November: High of 83 and low of 71.

December: High of 82 and low of 68.

So you will likely have warm, but not hot weather with the averages a couple degrees warmer in November versus December.

We cruised on Millinnuum the 2nd week of Dec '02 and it was great - cheap due to being before the Holiday and great weather. Less humid and no problems. Wx is impossible to predict, but the averages are great either week. But we had a great time the 2nd week of Dec that year.

Denny

We have done the Century Western Carribean te last two years over the New Yeras holiday and the weather has been great both times. It is realtive to what you feel is warn or hot. It can also be rainy, but that can happen in either November or December

We did a back to back on Century in Dec 09. The weather during the first cruise (Dec 12) was beautiful, but during the second one there was a lot of rain and quite a storm in Key West. But I'd still recommend going in mid December. The ship was decorated for the holidays and the Celebrity Singers and Dancers performed in a Christmas show on one afternoon which was really well done. Also, we had several price drops, so we really got a great deal. I think the 09-10 winter wasn't really typical anyway, judging by all the miserable weather we had here in Florida. It's usually much nicer. We did an 11 day Caribbean in Dec 08 on the Constellation and had gorgeous weather.

I'd recommend December, better weather & the holiday decorations are so beautiful! Our Dec cruise ended in Florida, and even though it was dec. 13th , it was still incredibly hot & humid don't know how the locals deal with it. Guess I'm spoiled, we get hot here, but not humid.

Here's a better option for the Thanksgiving Week -

Come Go With Us !! ;)

We are booked on an 11 night ULTIMATE Carebbean on the Equinox that starts Nov. 15th. The prices are better than a lot of 7-night cruises we've been on. There has already been one BIG price drop, and we expect to see others.

As for the weather, our anniversary is Nov. 24, and we cruise then a lot. I think it is the best time of the year to cruise the Caribbean. Once you get south of Cuba, the temps are high 80's to mid 90's, and the water temperature is 78 to 80 (which is perfect for snorkeling and scuba).

Hope This Helps.

Here's a better option for the Thanksgiving Week -

Come Go With Us !! ;)

We are booked on an 11 night ULTIMATE Carebbean on the Equinox that starts Nov. 15th. The prices are better than a lot of 7-night cruises we've been on. There has already been one BIG price drop, and we expect to see others.

As for the weather, our anniversary is Nov. 24, and we cruise then a lot. I think it is the best time of the year to cruise the Caribbean. Once you get south of Cuba, the temps are high 80's to mid 90's, and the water temperature is 78 to 80 (which is perfect for snorkeling and scuba).

Hope This Helps.

LOL thanks! I think we'll go with the dec trip. I'd love to get away for that long, but we're working stiffs and and also since we've never cruised before, we were reluctant to even do a 7 day. So 5 days seems like a good fit. I am dying to go on the Eclipse though. They have a 7 day right after thanksgiving. But, maybe we'll do that the following year if all goes well! Thanks everyone.

JW

LOL thanks! I think we'll go with the dec trip. I'd love to get away for that long, but we're working stiffs and and also since we've never cruised before, we were reluctant to even do a 7 day. So 5 days seems like a good fit. I am dying to go on the Eclipse though. They have a 7 day right after thanksgiving. But, maybe we'll do that the following year if all goes well! Thanks everyone.

JW

I'll have to give you my three warnings I like to give all "Newbies" to cruising:

1) Expect to be spending the rest of your life either planning or waiting for your next cruise.:cool:

2) If you don't gain at least 5 pounds, you didn't have a good enough time. :p

3) Hope your kids are self reliant and they get scholarships, because you will spend their college fund/inhertence on cruises. ;)

Hope This Helps.

I have sailed an eastern Caribbean itinerary on Solstice the second week in December (I think we left around the 13th) and also the first week in January (leaving on Jan. 3). Both times, we had nice weather in the Caribbean. It was a bit chilly leaving Florida on both cruises, but once we got further south, no problem. Shorts and bathing suits were the order of the day. I snorkled on both trips. I know you asked about the Century but thought this info might still be helpful

Archived