Found same cruise at a lower price

cutiediva

I was just browsing through some cruise sites and found the cruise that we are going on for $1404$US. It is a category 8K stateroom. When I convert to Canadian currency, the total is $1420.04. We booked it at $1452.00

Is there a possibility of getting a reduction and if so,how do I go about it?

Thanks

Is that price on Carnival's website, or a third party travel agency?

If it's on Carnival's website give them a call and see what you can work out - unless you booked ES in which case you can fill the form out and submit it for OBC.

Maybe the diffrence come from the exchange rate ?

The canadian $ is almost at par today.

Yeah, you need to compare in US dollars. CIBC was buying US$ for .99 the other day. :eek:

Maybe the diffrence come from the exchange rate ?

The canadian $ is almost at par today.

That was my thought, that the reason it is a different price in US price now is because of the changing exchange rates.

I dont think you are covered for changes in exchange rates.

Thanks for your replies. The price I found was not on Carnivals site, but on a cruise internet site. I booked through a travel agent. I did convert the US price to Canadian.:(

Go buy some US money today that you'll need for the vacation and you'll be ahead of the game.

We ran into a price issue also on a recent Carnivale cruise. Of course when we asked about a credit on the difference (it was in the range of a hundred bucks) the excuses and fine print etc. made it clear I had to take another approach. So we booked a much higher category and a much better cabin for 9 bucks pp more. Its an option that works.

We ran into a price issue also on a recent Carnivale cruise. Of course when we asked about a credit on the difference (it was in the range of a hundred bucks) the excuses and fine print etc. made it clear I had to take another approach. So we booked a much higher category and a much better cabin for 9 bucks pp more. Its an option that works.

I dont think this is the same issue. The OP states the price drop was on another site, not Carnival's and in US money, what they paid is less. (indicating its a exchange rate issue).

If it was a actual price drop on the Carnival site, then true, the OP can always ask for a upgrade, no matter what rate they booked or how close to the cruise date.

Archived