Our Ride on the Star…will we do it again anytime soon? You GOT to be kidding!

SailorJack

We're doing a rain (war?) dance for a Part II. If you don't have any unusual occurrences,

make them up. We won't know the difference, and will enjoy the review as much as

we did the others.

LOL:D While some of my "occurances" sometimes seem pretty far out, they all actually occured. Of course, I take some literary license in how I describe them:eek:

I only made up one thing on my reviews and that was the skeet shooting thing on the Brilliance TA - and then I felt so guilty about it I confessed at the end of the review:rolleyes:

But thanks for comment.:)

We're doing a rain (war?) dance for a Part II. If you don't have any unusual occurrences,

make them up. We won't know the difference, and will enjoy the review as much as

we did the others.

I agree!! We wouldn't know the difference. I have thoroughly enjoyed going back and reading your reviews (I haven't finished them all yet, but working on it). The reference to Boris from Rocky & Bullwinkle was so hilarious. Looking so forward to Part II

G'day Jack................you scare me.....you & my other half are separated twins right............:eek:

Your next cruise is??????????? Deposit is in hand & TA on standby.........

Bonza mate cheers!

Your scarless groupies from Tassie's 'other' Island :D

Well first thing I have to say is when I saw how long the review was I skipped it but then I saw how many people had commented so I thought..I must be missing something...so I read it....holy cow! I love the CAMP GRANADA reference --- too funny. Second, what's your next cruise we ALL want to come with you... you must be such fun to travel with!!! THANKS for the great story. We'll be on the Star this summer and I'll be watching for you! Donna

Have you thought about publishing a collection of your cruise adventures?

You'd make a fortune selling such a publication.

Thankyou so much for taking the time to bring so much laughter and enjoyment into our home.

I quite agree despite SJ's comment that he does not have enough material, the quality of the writing is excellent and the humerous anecdotes are hilarious, I am still laughing at the Uncle Bob comment from the Dover cruise to the Baltic.

SJ, If and when you do publish Bill Bryson will be sure to lose his crown as number one travel writer.

Well first thing I have to say is when I saw how long the review was I skipped it but then I saw how many people had commented so I thought..I must be missing something...so I read it....holy cow! I love the CAMP GRANADA reference --- too funny. Second, what's your next cruise we ALL want to come with you... you must be such fun to travel with!!! THANKS for the great story. We'll be on the Star this summer and I'll be watching for you! Donna

We are on the October 17 sailing out of Rome - so keep the Star in good shape for us:)

Terrierjohn: I had never heard the "Bob's your uncle" line until that trip to England...kinda cool;)

I started reading one and before you know it, I've spent a couple of hours reading all your reviews. I'll ditto what others have said - write a book. You have a great gift. Many thanks for this afternoon respite.

We are on the October 17 sailing out of Rome - so keep the Star in good shape for us:)

Will do...we're in C753 so if you're in that cabin I'll leave a sign! HAH!

Write the book we'd all buy it. Sent your post to a cruising colleague...she just emailed me to say...pretty much sums it all up! She's only cruised Princess so she really loved it!

Thanks...Donna

Great story but I lost it before the end, just wanted to get some info on whether you liked the ship itself, I read pages and didnt find that. Can I have some cliff notes on the ship and maybe an update on SailorJills luggage? Did she get it back? I did enjoy what I read...

Great story but I lost it before the end, just wanted to get some info on whether you liked the ship itself, I read pages and didnt find that. Can I have some cliff notes on the ship and maybe an update on SailorJills luggage? Did she get it back? I did enjoy what I read...

1. The Ship: The ship was great...as evidenced by the fact that we have booked another cruise on it for later this year. I generally don't review the ship, food, service, etc. as it is so subjective. That said, we felt that the Star was one of the best ships upon which we have sailed. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer them for you.

2. Luggage: When our plane was taking off I mentioned to SJ that the plane was using every foot of the runway before liftoff. We later found out that the plane was extremely heavy and that some luggage had been removed so that the plane could actually lift off.:eek: So her luggage was never really "lost" - it was delibertely removed because the plane was too heavy to take off with all of the checked luggage. As a result it was delivered to our hotel before lunch the next day.

Needless to say, the fact that SailorJill's luggage was deemed to heavy to be on the plane has provided me with many hours of entertainment as I describe (and instruct) SJ how to pack for our next trip.:D

1. The Ship: The ship was great...as evidenced by the fact that we have booked another cruise on it for later this year. I generally don't review the ship, food, service, etc. as it is so subjective. That said, we felt that the Star was one of the best ships upon which we have sailed. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer them for you.

2. Luggage: When our plane was taking off I mentioned to SJ that the plane was using every foot of the runway before liftoff. We later found out that the plane was extremely heavy and that some luggage had been removed so that the plane could actually lift off.:eek: So her luggage was never really "lost" - it was delibertely removed because the plane was too heavy to take off with all of the checked luggage. As a result it was delivered to our hotel before lunch the next day.

Needless to say, the fact that SailorJill's luggage was deemed to heavy to be on the plane has provided me with many hours of entertainment as I describe (and instruct) SJ how to pack for our next trip.:D

LOL!!!!!:D:D:D

And the saga continues...

I doubt that SailorJill would let you have "hours" of fun with this!:D:D

It would be kind of fun to hear her side of these stories...does she post?

I've been laughing for the past hour reading your long & funny post, SailorJack. :D Please do keep us all informed of your review of the Oct 17 Star Princess cruise. I'll be on the Nov 22 cruise on the same ship.

If I happen to run into a guy with the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olimpic shirt, I will know it is you. Did SailorJill get a shirt too?

Wishing you both a safe and wonderful cruise.

I've been laughing for the past hour reading your long & funny post, SailorJack. :D Please do keep us all informed of your review of the Oct 17 Star Princess cruise. I'll be on the Nov 22 cruise on the same ship.

If I happen to run into a guy with the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olimpic shirt, I will know it is you. Did SailorJill get a shirt too?

At $30 a pop!:D But I do let her wear mine once in a while.:)

We almost took the November 22 cruise, but got a good deal on the October one. We will keep the ship in good shape for you.;)

7 League Boots: SailorJill does not post. She says that her time is spent in consultations with my analysts.

>>>Thus armed and forewarned, we set out to explore St. Johns – the capital of Antigua. It is a delightful town and in the midst of strolling the quaint streets we spot a large Crime Stoppers bulletin that read, “On Friday 4th December 2009 at around 6:45pm a jewelry store on Brownes Avenue was robbed by a masked man about 6’ 6” with a green dragon tattoo on his left forearm. He fled the scene in an orange and yellow Hyundai Tucsan with registration number A29876.” (The jewelry store in question was not one of the Princess preferred stores – he probably avoided those out of professional courtesy.)<<<

...that cracked me up.

:cool::cool:

At $30 a pop!:D But I do let her wear mine once in a while.:)

We almost took the November 22 cruise, but got a good deal on the October one. We will keep the ship in good shape for you.;)

7 League Boots: SailorJill does not post. She says that her time is spent in consultations with my analysts.

Thanks for the thoughfulness, SailorJack! Do leave us some signs that you were there! Wanted to sail the Oct cruise but alas, work doesn't allow. :(

We'll be looking forward to your review of your upcoming cruise.;)

• 1 month later...

A very gracious poster on the RCI board (John) finally was able to drum into my head how to post a picture:confused:. I wanted to show what a "Crossing the Equator Ceremony" looked like on the Star. As you can tell, in keeping with Princess' image of understated elegance I offer you:

2320737110106582660S600x600Q85.jpg

Anyone for a quick dip in the pool?:D

A very gracious poster on the RCI board (John) finally was able to drum into my head how to post a picture:confused:. I wanted to show what a "Crossing the Equator Ceremony" looked like on the Star. As you can tell, in keeping with Princess' image of understated elegance I offer you:

2320737110106582660S600x600Q85.jpg

Anyone for a quick dip in the pool?:D

Sailor Jack -I'm too lazy to look back at your review - what are they pouring all over these poor people? :eek:

By the way, when is your next cruise? I can't wait to read your review!!:D I think you should publish all of your reviews in a book!!!

Preparing for this 18 day cruise proved to be an adventure in itself. Our last step in the process was arranging for air travel to Rio. After exhaustive research (I checked Kayak) we booked our travel with Copa Airline and Lawn Care Company – the national airline of the little known island nation of Santa Rosarita. Getting the tickets was a little frustrating as the reservation agent spoke only Spanish, but I managed to get a great rate that included my flight to Rio and, from what I could understand, two Weed and Feed applications for my front lawn. et al.

OMG!!! It's you two again! I am rolling on the floor laughing so hard I cannot breathe. And this one is just as good as the previous one a few years ago wherein you ended up making lemonade from another cruise line's lemons. I love it!!

Sailor Jack -I'm too lazy to look back at your review - what are they pouring all over these poor people? :eek:

By the way, when is your next cruise? I can't wait to read your review!!:D I think you should publish all of your reviews in a book!!!

The question is almost...What didn't they pour over them.:D The dark stuff is chocolate, but they also poured syrup on them, put whipped cream down their pants and shirts, cracked raw eggs over their heads and rubbed dead fish on their heads as well. Other things involved sausages and various condiments which we couldn't identify.

For our next cruise, we are on the Star again. We are doing a two week Med cruise in October.

SailorJack - that was the funniest posting, I have ever read. I will have to read the rest of your reviews later; if I laugh anymore, I will pee my pants.

Princess (and perhaps the other cruise lines) should hire you as a comedian. Your review was funnier than ANY show I have seen on any cruise line.

Great review...thanks for taking all the time to do this. We are booked on the Star in July and again next Feb for So America - so glad to hear all is well and you liked the ship. I wasn't sure when I read the title:o

We are going to some of the same ports you travelled - so will heed your recommendations for excursions ....

Archived