Excursion

ladmom

We are cruising on the Destiny. I saw a "private oasis" excursion for Carnival's private island Half Moon Cay. After many calls and much persistence, I was able to find out the "approximate" cost of the excursion as $1500 for up to twelve people.

I wanted to know if anyone has been on this excursion before? Is it worth the $$$?

I want to know more about it before I convince of my family and friends that we should do it.

This is just where you get the private cabana with food, etc., isn't it? If you do a search or post your question on the HAL board this is discussed a lot.

It certainly wouldn't be worth it to me, but everyone likes different things.

Hi ladmom,

It's the large cabana and has a slide to the water and private beach area. As stated befrore butler service food and drink. If you have a group and wish to spend the day together I think you would enjoy it. If your considering it I strongly suggest reserving it ASAP as it usually rents fast. You can always cancel without penalty before your cruise date.

Hi ladmom,

It's the large cabana and has a slide to the water and private beach area. As stated befrore butler service food and drink. If you have a group and wish to spend the day together I think you would enjoy it. If your considering it I strongly suggest reserving it ASAP as it usually rents fast. You can always cancel without penalty before your cruise date.

Are you able to book before you board? I am still trying to figure out if it is worth the expense. Well, I think it is, it's about convincing others that it is! :)

We are cruising on the Destiny. I saw a "private oasis" excursion for Carnival's private island Half Moon Cay. After many calls and much persistence, I was able to find out the "approximate" cost of the excursion as $1500 for up to twelve people.

I wanted to know if anyone has been on this excursion before? Is it worth the $$$?

I want to know more about it before I convince of my family and friends that we should do it.

Thanks! I am trying to figure if we want to really fork over the money for it. I like the butler, chef bartender idea!! I love to pamper myself on vacation.

Are you able to book before you board? I am still trying to figure out if it is worth the expense. Well, I think it is, it's about convincing others that it is! :)

If your thinking about reserving it, go ahead and try. As I said earlier, you can cancel if it doesn't work out. My experience has been it is difficult to reserve as there is only one and there is always a standby list for it.

Also, as posted by another CC'er it is a large beach with many chairs and clamshells.

On one of our visits to HMC we tipped our favorite drink server well and he ensured our drink glasses were refilled e4ven to wading into the water -- photo attached. Just trying to say you can have an enjoyable time regardless of the accomindations.

1498942942_HalfMoonCay.jpg.22175596ca8d1ce3b615ec308da52f85.jpg

Half Moon Cay is Holland America’s private island. You can find out a lot more about the Oasis on their web site. I haven’t booked the private oasis on Half Moon Cay because there were only 7 of us, but we always book one of the cabanas and it is well worth the money to book it for 4 adults. There were enough snorkeling equipment, snacks and soft drinks for all 7 of us. And best of all it is nice to have an air conditioned place in the shade to meet up between all of our activities so we can make the most of our day on Half Moon Cay instead of going back and forth to the ship.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCCL - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, Westerdam ‘09 & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ’07

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

Crystal – Serenity ‘09

Half Moon Cay is Holland America’s private island. You can find out a lot more about the Oasis on their web site. I haven’t booked the private oasis on Half Moon Cay because there were only 7 of us, but we always book one of the cabanas and it is well worth the money to book it for 4 adults. There were enough snorkeling equipment, snacks and soft drinks for all 7 of us. And best of all it is nice to have an air conditioned place in the shade to meet up between all of our activities so we can make the most of our day on Half Moon Cay instead of going back and forth to the ship.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCCL - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, Westerdam ‘09 & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ’07

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

Crystal – Serenity ‘09

Thanks for the info. I will check their website out. I cannot book the private island until I board with carnival.

Archived