2 for dinner

smudgie

If you have booked traditional dining you must stay at the same table and if you don't want to go thAt night then you go to Horizon Court or one of the specialty restaurants and you can get a table for two.

If you are anytime, when you go to the restaurant they will ask the size of table you waNT

where do I go to request this? My husband wants to sit alone for a few of the dinners can this be done on the ship? and who do we talk to

This is really important to us ( and one of the reasons we chose Princess)

Just ask the Waiter when you first walk into the dining room ( you may

have a small wait with a pager)

some tables for 2 are very close together so do ask for a table

for 2 not to close to any other.

( DH is hearing impared and I always say we need privacy to talk as I do

need to raise my voice a little, and don't want everyone to hear

our conversation!)

With TD, you will eat at the same table every night, so you can't have a table for 2 one night and a larger table another.

You can have the different size tables with AD. Each night when you arrive for dinner, you will be asked if you want to dine alone or share a table with others. As mentioned above, you may have to wait for a table, especially a table for 2. Also, many of the tables for two are very close (often 8 to 12 inches) to another table.

However, the OP said in another thread that they have early TD.... so do they need to speak to the Maitre D' soon after embarkation to get this sorted? (wouldn't know as did AD myself)

They should either call their TA or Princess to get it changed. If there is not time, they can see the Maitre 'd after boarding.

With TD, you will eat at the same table every night, so you can't have a table for 2 one night and a larger table another.

You can have the different size tables with AD. Each night when you arrive for dinner, you will be asked if you want to dine alone or share a table with others. As mentioned above, you may have to wait for a table, especially a table for 2. Also, many of the tables for two are very close (often 8 to 12 inches) to another table.

But if they want a table for 2 for the whole of their cruise can they sort this? They are only going for 5 days and thinking about one or both of the speciality restaurants which will take care of 1 or 2 nights so it may be easier to have a 2 seated table in TD for the rest of the time?

If you do the "Anytime" thing, you can have a 2-top everynight...but don't be afraid of tablemates...it truly enhances the whole dining experience! Dinner is a social time, and you'll notice that larger tables have more fun!

In the traditional dining rooms it can sometimes be difficult to get a table for 2. Even when you request one in advance. We have found (when on a ship where it is available) it works best for us to use the any time dining rooms. We are always able to get a table for two in one of them.

Anytime has plenty of tables for two. But, be aware that you are usually seated right next to other couples in a long row of 2's and many of these couples want to chat. On nights we absolutely do not want to be social if the dinningroom at anytime doesn't appear that busy yet we asked for a table for 4 and ask not to have anyone seated with us. Much more privacy. Some nights I just like alone time with the hubby.:)

I have a question (well, really its a complaint :() - we do Anytime Dining now on Princess, which I love for the flexibility it provides. I do not, however, understand why some Anytime Dining tables are allowed to be reserved by one party for the entire cruise during prime dining hours. This has happened on every ship we have sailed since Anytime Dining was launched. When I've called for reservations, I've been told they can be made for times before say, 6:00 PM or after 8:00 PM (approx) but not in between because that is the busiest time for dinner. I totally get this.

What I do not get are tables that are held all night for a single sitting at, say 7:00 PM. We've been offered this "service" and declined, so I know I'm not imaging that it is occuring. I can't begin to express how frustrating it is to be seated next to an empty window-view table and observe it being empty for anywhere up to an hour and a half before the reserving party shows up, always mind you, during the official no-reservation time frame of between 6:00 and 8:00 PM. If I can't make a reservation during this time frame for one single sitting, how can one party reserve a table at, say 7:00 PM, for the entire duration of the ship?

Has anyone else observed this? I list it in every response card Princess provides. Is it or is it not Anytime Dining?

Tamara

Archived