Lago Mar or Pelican Resort??

4totravel

We will be staying in Fort Lauderdale for a couple of nights this June. Normally, we get a hotel on 17th street for 1 night. With the extra night, we are looking for a nice resort to enjoy. Any feedback on the Lago Mar and Pelican Resorts would be appreciated. We will have 3 older teens with us.

Thanks.

Lago Mar is a much larger property, with a beach club. Pelican is very small, but nice and newer and has a nice lagoon pool, but older teens might go stir crazy. I have to admit that I haven't been to Lago Mar, but just know about it from living here. I've been to Pelican a few times.

I'll sure be watching for replies to this thread!! I had narrowed our search of two post-cruise days to these two resorts, too!

I can tell you, though, that we stayed at the Lago Mar the summer before last. We absolutely loved it! The pool area was great, and it's right on the beach. Their stretch of beach was beautiful, and you could walk down and watch the cruise ships leave port. Our room was lovely, and very well kept. I thought the service was fantastic. Our only complaint was the slow, slow, slow elevator up to our room. We will ask for a ground level floor next time.

We sat by the adults only pool during the day, but the bigger "family" pool looked to be lots of fun for kids.

I sure hope you'll get some other posts by people who have stayed at both resorts. Let me know if you'd like other Lago Mar info!

We will on on the Celebrity Solstice on 06/27. I guess we will see you sail away on the Oasis. That will be a sight! How far is the walk from the hotel?

It looks like a nice property to relax before a nice cruise.

Lago Mar is so close to the port that you can get a pretty good view of the ships from the beach without walking down to where they come out.

From Pelican, you can see the ships in the distance, but you can't always tell which ones they are.

If I'm remembering right, it was just about a 15 - 20 minute walk along the beach to where the ships enter the ocean. Go to the beach and walk to the right. There are lots of big rocks there and you can just sit and watch. You are so close you could almost touch the ships! It's pretty cool!

Archived