2010 Destination Alaska Coupon Book

wdowns9

2010 Destination Alaska Coupon Book is available, best $5.00 spent as we are sailing out of Vancouver in May and will not be able to pick it up at the pier and I have time to plan out the shopping between our tours. Combine this with the Nothern Lights Discount Book and Entertainment 2010 Vancouver, I've easily recouped the money spent on the books. For those who are looking at saving money and do not mind using coupon this is a key strategy. I've learned from seasoned Alaska Travelers and want to say THANK YOU....

I couldn't tell from their website what kinds of coupons they have. Is it mostly for restaurants?

I don't remember any restaurants. Most of the coupons are for "stuff". T-shirt for $2.98, free poster for stopping in a jewelry store, jade bear for a discounted price, free tote bag with any purchase, a totem pole carving at a reduced price, etc.

The book is free, so any coupon you use is good. The website says that the books are not available at the Vancouver pier, but they were and they were passing out as many as you wanted.

From their website:

• Vancouver Airport – All U.S. DIRECT passengers will receive a FREE copy in the Cruise Ship Lounge

If I am flying in a day precruise, will I be doing the U.S. Direct? Not sure what that is. I will just wait and hope to be able to get a coupon book when I get there. You would think the cruise ships would give them out.

From their website:

• Vancouver Airport – All U.S. DIRECT passengers will receive a FREE copy in the Cruise Ship Lounge

If I am flying in a day precruise, will I be doing the U.S. Direct? Not sure what that is. I will just wait and hope to be able to get a coupon book when I get there. You would think the cruise ships would give them out.

You are not doing US Direct. Last year their website said that they would not have the books at the cruise terminal, only at US Direct. However, they did have the books at the cruise terminal right after you sign in and before you get on the gang plank.

If you want to be absolutely certain to get one, spend the $5 shipping fee.

Archived