Perry Grant

dailydouble

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting first post. I think Perry Grant starts these posts to drum up interest.

I will take on the critic part of my name and give my critique. Personally, I went to one of his shows sometime about 2005 and found him obnoxious. He insulted the passengers. I felt bad for the people he taunted and I am surprised the cruise line continues to put up with this. Maybe once you have had 3 drinks you find this funny.

I guess the thing I should have done was write a letter to the cruise line, but why waste my time.

As a long time cruise critic, I see these posts about Perry Grant pop up occasionally. So don't be fooled into thinking this was a random post by someone whose seen him, and is looking forward to seeing him again.

How about May of 2010. I have a friend on a Constellation Baltic cruise in a few weeks.

Perry Grant just started his vacation right before dry dock, so I wouldn't think he'd be back so soon.

Interesting first post. I think Perry Grant starts these posts to drum up interest.

I will take on the critic part of my name and give my critique. Personally, I went to one of his shows sometime about 2005 and found him obnoxious. He insulted the passengers. I felt bad for the people he taunted and I am surprised the cruise line continues to put up with this. Maybe once you have had 3 drinks you find this funny.

I guess the thing I should have done was write a letter to the cruise line, but why waste my time.

As a long time cruise critic, I see these posts about Perry Grant pop up occasionally. So don't be fooled into thinking this was a random post by someone whose seen him, and is looking forward to seeing him again.

Holy Cow!! We have seen Perry several times on the Constellation and he "packs the house" with his performance. We loved him! Maybe that is the great thing about being American and respecting all points of view. I respect your view but hope Perry returns.

Well, why not "critic" Perry Grant- this board is called Cruise Critic- after all. Well I saw him for the first time during our TA- and loved is shows.

I sailed all Milli- Class ships but never found Michaels Club packed as with Perry Grant. They even had to set him in the Theater two nights and one night in Rendveouz Lounge- also packed! When his friends seat themself in the first rows during his preformence, well then they have to expect get involved. And they did get ...! LOL

Michael

I'm sorry to hear that you were offended by Perry's performance.

The nice thing about cruising with Celebrity is that there are so many options for people to enjoy live music on board. Over the last year we have cruised on Constellation over ten weeks and we are booked again in November and for another 4 cruises next February and March because Perry is on board.

On a ship of over 2000 passengers and with only 70 seats in Michael's Club, many Perry fans are quite happy that not everyone enjoys his style of entertainment. His act is not for everyone and certainly not if you are thin skinned. Of all the Michael's Clubs on all the Celebrity ships, only Perry can consistently pack the house.

EGG, I have to agree completely with what you wrote.

Having seen Perry perform on two Celebrity cruises, increasingly, I shall him first walk and then step right over the fine line between catty humour and insult. I expect more from Celebrity, especially in such a promising space a Michael's Club.

- Goya

Having seen Perry perform on two Celebrity cruises, increasingly, I shall him first walk and then step right over the fine line between catty humour and insult. I expect more from Celebrity, especially in such a promising space a Michael's Club.

It's not about being American or any particular nationality, nor is it about being thin skinned. It's about good taste and respect.

- Goya

It's not about being American or any particular nationality, nor is it about being thin skinned. It's about good taste and respect.

- Goya

EGG,

You are in a different County than I am, but yet still in our Garden State.

I have met , known and been invited to many affairs with entertainers, for decades.;)

Aboard ships Perry Grant IMHO is one of the best ever on the ships. He has a following which spend lots of dollars.. What do you think the Cruise Line want? What would you want if you managed this are on a Cruise Ship firm?

We were introduced to Mr. Perry Grant and have since then I always have appreciated his Acts, Efforts and Talents.

If you know of other talent which will ply the waters away from family, friends and any home life..

Please PLEASE Write your letters and give the Cruise lines there name and full coordinates. They are in need of more talent as so many ships are plying the Worlds waters now.

:rolleyes:

Believe me Egg, you don't need to feel sorry for the people Perry insults in his act, They (and i am one of them) come back night after night and cruise after cruise to be insulted by him. We can't all be masochists. I'm sorry for you that you didn't enjoy Perry's act. And i'll be sorry for me and all Perry's many fans if he and Celebrity don't come to an agreement on his next contract.

And by the way , Perry did not offer me his usual payment for saying so.

Believe me Egg, you don't need to feel sorry for the people Perry insults in his act, They (and i am one of them) come back night after night and cruise after cruise to be insulted by him. We can't all be masochists. I'm sorry for you that you didn't enjoy Perry's act. And i'll be sorry for me and all Perry's many fans if he and Celebrity don't come to an agreement on his next contract.

And by the way , Perry did not offer me his usual payment for saying so.

I'm still waiting for my $6.66 for my last standing ovation contract.

(Ik Hou van jou, aka "The Dutch Couple"):D

I thought Perry had a house in Ft. Lauderdale (in a gated community ) and started his season on a TA from there.

He has a Home in Ft Lauderdale and in England.

I'm still waiting for my $6.66 for my last standing ovation contract.

(Ik Hou van jou, aka "The Dutch Couple"):D

He has a Home in Ft Lauderdale and in England.

too bad he will not rent his English home out.. i am sure there will be takers.

I don't drink and I find him extremely funny and entertaining.

If you don' have a sense of humor, you don't get it. A lot of people book their cruises just see him - all of them cannot be wrong.

But you entitled to your opinion.

We Perry fanatics are a giddy crew. I too have not received my $6.66 and I stood at all the required places- three times. I'm beginning to think he really doesn't intend to pay us at all.

By the way, I am redoing my kitchen counters; but Corian, not granite. How do you think Perry will take it?

We Perry fanatics are a giddy crew. I too have not received my $6.66 and I stood at all the required places- three times. I'm beginning to think he really doesn't intend to pay us at all.

By the way, I am redoing my kitchen counters; but Corian, not granite. How do you think Perry will take it?

As long as you have SS fridge and built-in microwave you should be allowed to turn his small ball on. Make me smile just picture his face when he saying that.....HAHA

Went to see Perry every night while on the Connie. An amazing entertainer with a extensive repertoire. I got to turn on the small bulb - not in a gated community. What energy he has.

Archived