Mazatlan Frank

abhb

Hi we also toured with Ishamael last week as Frank was booked. We were a party of eight so we had the van to ourselves. We enjoyed the tour except for the two requisite stops for jewelry (we did buy from a unique shop next door) We used their clean bathrooms and drank their soda so it wasn't a total waste. I also figured that we could have bargained at the stop but for the $35 we had the confidence that we would be safe if Frank recommended the guide. "Smiley" also gave us close to five hours rather than four for our tour which I thought was a good deal.

We were in the same case as you one time, but by paying the 35us each, we could not have the van for ourselves of course. These people have a buisiness and have to make some money. Yes, the others paid less, but I see this as the last moment buy on a flight. Does everyone pay the same? The last minute deal is much less, so they can fill up the plane. So we did not feel taken. We felt better, as he could make a little more money.

Louis

Hi fellow CC’ers.

I hope one of you will see this and can help. I am wanting to book with Mazatlan Frank. The problem is that I cannot access his e-mail through his website. My computer will not allow me to do that. I would sure appreciate it if someone could respond with his e-mail address written out.

Thanks so much,

Judith

• 4 weeks later...

After hearing everyone's reviews, I decided to try to book a tour w/Frank, I went on his website and was trying to find a way to book it but it didn't options that would allow me to do so. Can anyone tell me how do I book the tours? I e-mailed Frank a couple of days ago and have not heard back from him. Help!...lol

After hearing everyone's reviews, I decided to try to book a tour w/Frank, I went on his website and was trying to find a way to book it but it didn't options that would allow me to do so. Can anyone tell me how do I book the tours? I e-mailed Frank a couple of days ago and have not heard back from him. Help!...lol

You have to "speak" with Frank, and he will give you instructions on how to book. He does it that way so he can find out exactly what you would like in your tour, and it adds a personal touch that cannot be beat!

I would try emailing him again, or try his other email address....both are below.

frank@mazatlan-frank.com

fkole2000@hotmail.com

Frank is very busy. He may take a couple of days to get back to you, but he will. His tour is worth the wait. We had a great time a couple of weeks ago with him. Here are our pictures from that tour:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/577732123cwBVPc

We did the tour with Frank last week. Did the city tour and Stone Island. We didn't actually have Frank but Smilley. He was fine. I wasn't thrilled with the restaurant at Stone Island though. Took forever to get our food.

I dream about this since I had it...It's called a Molcajete....it was sooo yummy can't wait to go back this December! We had the best time with Tony. We did the Pacifico and city tour. It was a perfect day!

43906780_misc_pics.studiocity1036.jpg.5f597b8cc44adbd012aaf32c4b840c6f.jpg

358184398_misc_pics.studiocity1031.jpg.cbf4939061000e37827d2e161d5258e2.jpg

We did the tour with Frank last week. Did the city tour and Stone Island. We didn't actually have Frank but Smilley. He was fine. I wasn't thrilled with the restaurant at Stone Island though. Took forever to get our food.

Was the restaurant called El Cardon? How many people are in your group? How was the food (price, taste)? I think we will be doing something similar. If the restaurant is not good, I will ask for a different one. Thanks!

I don't know what the restaurant is but you can ask Frank. I did just e-mail him telling him that the wait there was forever. He said he is going to look into it. We got seated right away but it took forever to place our order and then get the food.

Hi, I booked my excursion with Frank about 2 weeks ago for 07/01/10 and he only asked for me to pay $20 deposit thru paypal for an excursion to his city tour/deer island tour and told me that the rest I would need to pay it in cash once he picks me and my party up.

We've done the city tour and the colonial tour with Frank and loved both. I do think the colonial tour is better as it gives you a chance to see the real Mexico and craftsmen and artists at work. The prices are also about 1/3 of what they are in Mazatlan for jewelry, tiles, etc. One of the best stops is Daniel's Restaurant at Copala, where you get a lovely meal with banana coconut pie for dessert made with fresh ingredients and just divine. There is also a stop at a bakery in Malpeca (sp?) where you see how they bake bread and rolls in the giant brick ovens - the rolls are great and they have a large selection still warm from the oven. Giant sweet rolls with filling are about a dollar. Be sure to try out the handmade rockers in the lobby. They are made nearby.

I bought several necklaces and pairs of earrings there - about 1/3 the price of Puerto Vallarta. In fact, I bought a second necklace identical to one I bought in PV-wish I had waited.

There's a guy who makes tiles from concrete by hand. Sounds strange but they are 3 bucks apiece. I brought several home and added felt circles at the corners. They make wonderful trivets and great gifts or souvieniers, something you can really use.

You are not only safe with Frank and all of his drivers but you get what you pay for and more. Everyone in Mazatlan knows Frank and he has an excellent reputation. Last month I got off the mandatory shuttle from the ship and immediately was beset by all the people offering tours. I told them I was going with Mazatlan Frank and one of the men actually bowed me into the terminal so I could meet Frank on the other side. I felt very special.

Last and not least, his drivers have the knowledge to deal with special needs. He has a lift van you usually have to reserve well ahead but if you take a collapsible chair or use a walker or cane, the drivers take it all in stride and give you that extra help getting in and out of the van and making sure they stop at accessible rest rooms.

You won't be disappointed if you book a tour with him.

I would love a tour like this in Mazatlan, but his site is very obscure. We've never been to Mazatlan before and have no idea what is included in any of these tours. There isn't a lot of information. We're thinking of maybe the city tour combined with the colonial tour. We really like history and seeing the real sights of the town. Can someone out there tell me what is included in these tours? Is lunch included? Is it extra? How much extra? How far in advance should we book? We're not cruising until next year, but it is spring break when we go. Where do the tours take you? It says that he will take your suggestions on where to go, but we've never been to Mazatlan before and have no idea of where we want to go. Does that make sense?

I would love a tour like this in Mazatlan, but his site is very obscure. We've never been to Mazatlan before and have no idea what is included in any of these tours. There isn't a lot of information. We're thinking of maybe the city tour combined with the colonial tour. We really like history and seeing the real sights of the town. Can someone out there tell me what is included in these tours? Is lunch included? Is it extra? How much extra? How far in advance should we book? We're not cruising until next year, but it is spring break when we go. Where do the tours take you? It says that he will take your suggestions on where to go, but we've never been to Mazatlan before and have no idea of where we want to go. Does that make sense?

We have done the City & Beach Tour twice. Frank does have a standard route where he will take you. IF you know where you would like to go he will customize the tour for you IF you have a private tour (all people are in your group and are in agreement). His van holds 10 people. If you do not have 10 in your group he will fill the van with others if he has the demand. He is very popular and does fill up in advance. If he cannot accommodate you himself he has other partners that he will put you with (he will tell you that when you book). I have never heard any complaints about any of his partners. They are all very good.

Frank's City Tour is a full day. You will visit the Cathedral and market area where you will have time to browse both at your leisure. From there you will head over to the Old Mazatlan Area. Frank gives a guided walking tour of this area. It is a beautiful, peaceful area that is being fully restored. My DH and I chose to go into the restored theater, most others in our group stayed outside. There was a small charge to enter. I cannot remember what it was, but the entrance fees go directly to the restoration effort so we did not mind. While in Old Town Frank will take you to the home/studio of his friends. The studio is called Nid Art. I am always impressed with the beauty of the place. If you like historic renovations you will like this. The artwork available for sale is high quality and all made by local artists. Many are made right there.

2274410620071903042S600x600Q85.jpg

2278920390071903042S600x600Q85.jpg

2098640260071903042S600x600Q85.jpg

From there we went to see the Cliff Divers. They are always fun! I also enjoy the statues and artwork there. The view is beautiful and I took many pictures there.

2825307470071903042S600x600Q85.jpg

2902898190071903042S600x600Q85.jpg

After that we stopped at a high quality shop in the Golden Zone. I bought vanilla and my mother bought a beautiful necklace. Frank helped her negotiate a good price. Then we were hungry and it was time for my favorite part of the tour. Lunch at Tony's at the Beach! The lunch is extra. DH and I paid $50 for a huge lobster and shrimp platter called the "Imperial Platter" that feeds 2 plus enough to share with a friend. Yummy! there is a wide variety of items on the menu. It is mostly Mexican offerings and Seafood and I believe you can get things from $8 - $50 USD. The view is awesome and on a hot day the sea breeze is like a/c. You can relax and take in the view or even go swimming as some of the kids in our group did.

2972534370071903042S600x600Q85.jpg

After lunch we headed over to the newer parts of Mazatlan and saw "El Cid", both the resort area and the private homes. Then we headed back to the ship.

The City Tour was a full day for us. I have not been on the Colonial Tour but I believe it was also a full day. You can contact Frank directly if you would like a customized tour. He will e-mail you back and let you know all of your options.

All of my pictures from the tour are available here:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/577732123cwBVPc

Enjoy your day in Mazatlan. It is one of my favorite places and Frank is my favorite guide anywhere.

Archived