**Canadian Dollar = USA Dollar...Priceless**

BC Todd

When on your next cruise you may see more smiling Canadians than usual...nothing better than having parody with the US greenback!:D

Question is, how high will the Canadian dollar go??? I am thinking $1.05 by July 4th!;)

When on your next cruise you may see more smiling Canadians than usual...nothing better than having parody with the US greenback!:D

Question is, how high will the Canadian dollar go??? I am thinking $1.05 by July 4th!;)

It's great isn't it :D Last time I went to WDW I was paid $1.50 CDN/$1 US and that was my last US vacation - it's been Caribbean the last few years. I booked this cruise back in September when the dollar wasn't quite so good but being at par is making for some extra spending money!

If our government doesn't stop SPENDING [read: PRINTING]money at the rate its going, the USA will become a 3rd world country owned by China, and we'll all be "escaping" to Canada. :(

And we will be nice enough to welcome you :D.

Meanwhile we will enjoy the benefits of not having to pay more than some others for our trips!! Meanwhile everything else is going up, our Provincial Gov't just raised out taxes by 2% this week, we are now at 15% Sales Tax !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Money just changes hands so it's a small celebration.

Just keep your quarters out of our vending machines.

This one made me LOL! My company has offices in Canada, so we have visitors from the north all the time (and they always bring the cold with them, it never fails, grrrr!!!). I have a stash of Canadian coins in my desk drawer that I keep getting from the vending machines. :rolleyes: Next time someone from my group heads up there, I'm just going to give them away!

Actually, it used to be a "parody" but thankfully now it's closer to parity. :)

This one made me LOL! My company has offices in Canada, so we have visitors from the north all the time (and they always bring the cold with them, it never fails, grrrr!!!). I have a stash of Canadian coins in my desk drawer that I keep getting from the vending machines. :rolleyes: Next time someone from my group heads up there, I'm just going to give them away!

Hey Mere! How about someone from your group heads your way? I'll take them off your hands in October.:D

And we will be nice enough to welcome you :D.

Meanwhile we will enjoy the benefits of not having to pay more than some others for our trips!! Meanwhile everything else is going up, our Provincial Gov't just raised out taxes by 2% this week, we are now at 15% Sales Tax !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Money just changes hands so it's a small celebration.

Gotta pay for that Healthcare. Uh, oh.....

I can safely say that I am tickled pink that the dollar is virtually at par with the US dollar. I won't be paying off the cruise just yet because when you use your credit card the credit card exchange is always a lower exchange rate. Debit card or cheque would be at the current rate, but I get points for using my credit card....

It is about time Canadians have can have higher spending power. I am so looking forward to not having to calculate the exchange rate to see if my S&S and spending is were I budgetted to be..

We're going to Canada in July for a cruise out of NYC; just hearing this about the US currency only discourages me even more from spending any money in Canada so I think we'll just sit on the boat when we're in NB and NS. We've been there before anyway.

I find it a little ignorant that an American would say they won't get off the ship and shop in Canada because their dollar is worth less than the Canuck Buck or close to it.

Canadians,year after year after year no matter what the dollar is at have trvelled to the US to winter or for vacations. We know the pitfalls, and we still go. I find it bizare that an some Americans would boycott Canada because they don't get a better value for their buck....

Archived